I saw a white man with a gun. I heard a policeman saying, "Place the weapon down on the ground, ple

giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:35 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Yeah, let's simply increase the number of people carrying guns too.

Good idea! You dont have to be a rocket surgeon to figure out that most of these incidents occur in "gun free zones". Arm the teachers and you'll see incidents in those venues disappear.

Quote:
You forgot to mention that the police stopped very few of the active shooter incidents.

So I take it that you are in favor of sending the fire department there instead to wash away the blood?
Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:37 pm
@parados,
Lame...
parados

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:49 pm
@giujohn,
It seems you recognize your logic was stupid.

Ah, the "gun free" zone BS. So tell us of the 160 incidents how many of them occurred in "gun free" zones.
parados

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:50 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:

Lame...

Yes, your response was lame since you completely ignored that the argument was because of those shootings the police needed military equipment.
Baldimo

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 03:59 pm
@parados,
Your comment had nothing to do with my comment. Try again.

The reason the police haven't stopped many active mass shootings is because the shootings are already done when they get there. The comment you were reacting too had to do with military rifles and SWAT training. Nothing was said about military vehicles or other types of equipment.

Most of the AR's or M4's the police have today are a direct result of the Hollywood bank robbery in the 90's. Remember how out gunned the cops were? All they had were side arms and you can't fight an AK-47 with a side arm.

0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 04:07 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:
You dont have to be a rocket surgeon...

Is that anything like brain engineer?
giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 04:55 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Ah, the "gun free" zone BS. So tell us of the 160 incidents how many of them occurred in "gun free" zones.

All of them. Schools are gun free, Gov. buildings too, most business will not let you carry as well as most churches. Name me one venue where it wasnt a gun free zone.

There have been a number of academic studies done on active shooting incidents. Here are some statistics from two of those studies.

John Nicolette, PhD, conducted a study of 35 active shooter incidents during 2012 and discussed the results of his study during a lecture entitled “Detection and Disruption of Insider/Outsider Perpetrated Violence.”
■The average active shooter incident lasts 12 minutes, while 37 percent last less than five minutes.
■49 percent of attackers committed suicide, 34 percent were arrested, and 17 percent were killed.
■51 percent of the attacks studied occurred in the workplace, while 17 percent occurred in a school, 17 percent occurred in a public place, and six percent occurred in a religious establishment.
(all gun free zones)

Peter Blair, PhD, and Hunter Martindale, PhD, conducted a study of 84 active shooter incidents from 2001 to 2010. Here’s a summary of their findings:
■Two percent of the shooters bring improvised explosive devices (IEDs) as an additional weapon.
■In 10 percent of the cases, the shooter stops and walks away. In 20 percent of the cases, the shooter goes mobile, moving to another location.
■43 percent of the time, the crime is over before police arrive. In 57 percent of the shootings, an officer arrives while shooting is still underway,officers had to use force to stop the killing..

Active-Shooter Statistics

■Active-shooter incidents often occur in small- and medium-sized communities where police departments are limited by budget constraints and small workforces.

■The average active-shooter incident lasts 12 minutes. Thirty-seven percent last less than 5 minutes.11
■Overwhelmingly, the offender is a single shooter (98 percent), primarily male (97 percent). In 40 percent of the instances, they kill themselves.12
■The shooter often stops as soon as he hears or sees law enforcement, sometimes turning his anger or aggression on law enforcement.16
■Patrol officers are most likely responding alone or with a partner. When responding alone, 75 percent had to take action.
■A third of those officers who enter the incident alone are shot by the intruder.
In 28% of the incidents, police exchanged fire with the shooter, the study found. In nearly half of those incidents, police were killed or wounded.

More guns? You bet your ass!

A man suspected of beheading a woman and stabbing another worker at an Oklahoma food plant was fired right before the attack, police said Friday.

Alton Alexander Nolen, 30, was terminated from his job at Vaughan Foods processing plant just before the rampage Thursday afternoon in Moore, Oklahoma, just outside Oklahoma City, said Sgt. Jeremy Lewis of the Moore Police Department.

After "he was terminated, he drove to the front of the business, running into a vehicle, exited his vehicle, entered the business, where he encountered the first victim, Colleen Hufford, 54, and began assaulting her with a knife. He did kill Colleen and he did sever her head."

A second woman, identified as 43-year-old Traci Johnson, survived the attack, thanks to the intervention of another co-worker -- the company's chief operating officer Mark Vaughan...why was he armed? He is a volunteer deputy sheriff. The offender? He is an Isamic fanatic

So endeth the lesson.

giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 04:56 pm
@InfraBlue,
Quote:

Is that anything like brain engineer?

It's the opposite of a brain donnor.
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 06:28 pm
They say many a truth has been spoken in jest:

0 Replies

FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 06:46 pm
Quote:
A memorandum of agreement between the DLA and states participating in 1033 requires that local police forces use the military equipment within one year, or return it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1033_program

So, if you don't happen to have any active shooter events in a while, and if that year mark is coming up, maybe you'd better manufacture a threat. Otherwise, you lose your new toys.
giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 07:34 pm
@FBM,
You're always asking for statistics but when supplied with them you seem to go quiet.........
FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 07:43 pm
@giujohn,
Maybe I skipped over them. Where did you post statistics? You know, numbers? One specific type of violent crime on the increase does nothing to counter the fact that violent crimes on the whole is on the decline. And police are trying to justify turning into soldiers.

I notice that you conveniently ignore the vast majority of the pages and pages of statistics that I've posted. You just keep on your agenda as if they weren't there. Pretty much this: http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/lalala.gif

ossobuco

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 07:46 pm
@FBM,
That's interesting.
FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 07:47 pm
@ossobuco,
That's pretty much it in a nutshell. Denying this is like denying global warming.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:08 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
sta·tis·tic
stəˈtistik/Submit
noun
a fact or piece of data from a study of a large quantity of numerical data.
"the statistics show that the crime rate has increased"

The National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial
E Street NW Washington, DC.

Officer Fatality Data

Causes of Law Enforcement Deaths
Over the Past Decade (2004-2013)

Shot: 548
Stabbed: 14

HERE YA GO
FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:11 pm
@giujohn,
Thank you. That's one. And it's only one specific type of violence. It doesn't address the larger picture, in which violent crime as a whole is on the decrease. Now try to catch up.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/Chart10.jpg
giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:13 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
One specific type of violent crime on the increase does nothing to counter the fact that violent crimes on the whole is on the decline.

It certainly does when we are disscussing the need for SWAT Teams...You DO know what SWAT stands for right? SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TACTICS...exactly what is needed for ASEs and terrorist activity.
giujohn

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:15 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
That's one.

Wrong...its 562...guess you flunked arithmetic
FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:16 pm
@giujohn,
Yes, but there aren't enough active shooters, so to keep from losing their new munitions, they're using them predominantly to issue warrants, which used to be a reasonably peaceful procedure.

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb192/DinahFyre/Chart1.jpg
FBM

Reply Fri 26 Sep, 2014 08:17 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
That's one.

Wrong...its 562...guess you flunked arithmetic

I'm pretty sure I did better in math than you did in logic. Had you ever taken a class in it, that is.