Worst Movie Ever?

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 12:36 pm
I didn't get to #3.
There is a certain balance such a character needs that must be maintained in a series, or the character fades from public acceptance. I know it has to make allowances for the times, but not overmuch, or he loses his identity. The Smallville television series appears to me to be making a better attempt at the kind of balance I'm talking about. It has flaws I could mention, but I think it's the nature of series television that's to blame.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 01:32 pm
The injection of adult sex into Superman takes it away from the audience it was designed for. Sort of reminds me of the kindly uncle, who one day unzips his pants before an innocent kid.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 02:12 pm
I think you just hit on what the filmmakers were after -- a film that appealed to adults as well as juveniles. Except for that one comical line, the "sex" was about as racy as "Gone With the Wind." I find "Smallville" to be mostly aimed at teenyboppers (listen to the soundtrack) with a only few episodes I have watched approaching some serious thematic material. The Superman movie was pre-CGI special effects and state-of-the-art for that time. The movie did excellent at the box office and that wasn't from just selling tickets to adults.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 04:12 pm
It was a big success for everybody but me, agreed. Smallville is not aimed at you or I. Still, I watch about three episodes pers season to see how it's doing. I like their version of Lex Luther very much. He is already more grown up than the one in the movies.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:44 pm
Blair Witch Project. That movie sucked of all suckdom. I would've kicked that girl's ass about 3 hours into being lost. Sniveling whiney fool. lol I hated that movie, and wasn't the least bit scared.

Eyes Wide Shut. You folks ever see Mystery Science Theatre 3000 on Comedy Central? That was the first movie I was consciously aware of people getting up and leaving the theatre. Those - like me and my friends that stayed behind - punked on the movie out loud the rest of the time. Stoopid beyond words, lol~
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 08:49 pm
I would agree that nobody has made the definitive Superman movie. They have approached it as a mystery or gangster story instead of science fantasy (the first half-hour of the original movie was pure science fantasy). The first film ended up as a disaster flick. The second film had a lot more of the science fantasy element in the three alien characters and the city of ice but the script was weaker than the first film. I just believe that scriptwriters aren't inspired with the basic mythology. The first Batman movie was permeated with it -- the atmosphere was dark and ominous. After that they just became sillier and sillier.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:03 pm
The first Batman came close. If only ...
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 07:02 am
Update: Possibly the worst film I've ever watched...one of the only I don't think I finished.

Friday night, threw on a little "On Demand" action. Chose "I am Sam," where Sean Penn was nominated for an Oscar for acting like a retard.

1) Why is it every time someone plays a retarded person, it's oscar worthy? Impressive, heartwarming, gutsy, ect? It's not that hard to act like a moron. Believe me.

2) This movie was drawn out, very predictable, very unrealistic, and cheesy as hell. Most of all, got pretty boring after the first 30 minutes.
0 Replies

thehamster

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 11:55 am
Sorry Slap I won't be able to discuss that movie with ya since I never heard of it.

But I wanna throw in another piece of that worst movie ever cake:
The Day After Tomorrow!

Yes you read it, don't read it again cuz I don't know typos.

You ask me why I totally dislike this movie?
Well there's this big catastrophe (it's even bigger than the hype accompanying this crappy movie) and all that Emmerich-guy shows us are two teenagers falling in love with each other and kissy fissy good old daddy promising to safe them all :'-(
OK sure I gotta admit I was a hell of a drunk person when I sat down to watch this movie and I might've fallen asleep after 3/4th of it, but from what I can remember this movie was just yet another piece of great visual effects totally put down my the plot.
0 Replies

Mr Stillwater

Reply Wed 9 Jun, 2004 06:09 pm
"Fire: Walk With Me". Did David Lynch like suffer some sort of creative meltdown? "Twin Peaks" was the best fictional TV I ever saw. The film was a piece of crap with none of the things that made the show good. What gives? Did he just get to hate the whole concept or something.

I have noticed that I have nominated TWO films by David Lynch. Hmmmmm...
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Fri 11 Jun, 2004 09:03 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
aimeemarie123 wrote:
I am a dancer thats why I have all dancer movies ... you know all the really bad movies that everyone hates....

Nobody puts baby in the corner.

that is the funniest thing ever!
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 03:51 pm
I just watched about five minutes of "From Justin to Kelly", which has those two idiots from American Idol in it. After hearing three different people say, "let's party!" and then break into a cornball dance routine, I'd have to say that this could very well be the absolute worst piece of **** movie ever made.
0 Replies

AmericanEagleJRL

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 04:59 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
You have to be kidding me. Waterboy? That movie is great. But from what I've seen, Adam Sandler is a love/hate thing.
I love Adam Sandler. I think he's hilarious. But The Waterboy is a terribly unfunny movie. I hated every minute of it. Same with Little Nicky. I couldn't even finish that movie.

50 First Dates and Big Daddy are proof that Adam can make damn good films. I just don't understand why he bothers with the dribble like The Waterboy and Little Nicky.

However, my vote for WORST movie goes to The Matrix Reloaded and Gangs of New York. I have never been so bored in a movie theater as I was sitting through those never ending snore fests.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 13 Jun, 2004 06:40 pm
If I had seen the sequels to "The Matrix" in a theater, I would have been pissed. Can't believe either of the sequels even got any critical recommendations other than for disposable action flicks. The sci-fi element was confused and both simplistic. I actually like "Reloaded" better than "Revolutions." But the worst films -- naw I can think of lots of turkeys which are easy to find on IMDb's user ratings as the lowest rated 100.
0 Replies