Worst Movie Ever?

kickycan

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 08:52 pm
colorbook wrote:
If you want to call it a movie...The Blair Witch Project.

I loved that movie! It was the only movie that I actually felt a little creeped out by after I left the theater. But I saw it before everybody started talking about it, so I didn't go in knowing what to expect.

One of the best "worst" horror movies is Vampire's Kiss with Nicolas Cage and Jennifer Beals. Cage is absolutely ridiculous in it, in a great way.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:10 pm
I watched about fifteen minutes of Blair Witch before shutting it down.
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:12 pm
I think it's one of those movies that you either love or hate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 09:18 pm
Apparently.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:31 am
Can't really agree on "Night of the Living Dead" and "The Ring" -- personal taste. I wouldn't likely make it a point to see "The Ring" more than once but it isn't in the lower class of "Friday the 13th."

I believe you're thinking of "Interview with the Vampire" as Cruise never portrayed Dracula. He was Lestat in the movie.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:44 am
I kind of liked the Ring.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:46 am
Lightwizard wrote:

I believe you're thinking of "Interview with the Vampire" as Cruise never portrayed Dracula. He was Lestat in the movie.

Yep, you're right Lightwizard. Thanks.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 02:04 pm
DONDI, (1960) A film based on the WW2 comic strip
starring David Janssen and THE WORST child actor
ever to appear in film!!!
0 Replies

Greyfan

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:18 am
I saw Dondi on first release, as a non-critical eight year old. It must have been bad because I don't think I ever heard it mentioned again, until now.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:33 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I kind of liked the Ring.

The original Japanese 'Ringu' was better, and it had a bit of bitch-slapping in it.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Thu 27 May, 2004 07:43 am
I didn't like the ring... I hate scary movies, unless I have a strong man to cuddle on to... or my cat works just as well.

I hated the blair witch project, not scary it gave me motion sickness.
0 Replies

booklover

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:31 am
Quote:
I can't believe Christopher Walken would be in such a bad movie.

Check this link to today's NY Times Magazine--I love Walken's explanation of why he is in so many bad films. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/05/30/magazine/30WALKEN.html (you need to register for free to read it online)

For myself, the only movie that I have ever walked out of was Paris, Texas. Maybe I'm just shallow.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:38 am
Wim Wenders isn't for every taste. "Paris, Texas" is on Ebert's Great Film list:

http://www.suntimes.com/ebert/greatmovies/paris_texas.html

Walken is trying to outdo Michael Caine for getting cast in mediocre movies.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 09:41 am
I shut off the DVDs and VHSs quite frequently. As for walking out - I walked out on the first Christoher Reeve Superman film when Lex Luther began acting like a refugee from the Batman tv show and walked out on a Disney cartoon. After I met my wife I learned to sleep through instead of walk.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 10:53 am
You walked out because Lex Luther was a caracacture? It's derived from a comic book, not exactly great literature although Mario Puzo ("The Godfather") wrote the story and most of the script. I did think "Superman II" was a better movie.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:26 am
They made Lex a copy of the Batman series. In the comic books he was a serious adversary, not a little kid dancing with glee as he contemplated putting one over on the man of steel. I was also uncomfortable with Lois Lane's asking Superman, "How big are you?" I watch movies like Ulysses, The Graduate, etc. and there such remarks are appropriate. They don't belong in a Superman movie that is retelling the original story, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 11:44 am
I didn't find Lex as being less that a serious advisary and Hackman did play it somewhat for comedy. I realize that comic books often take themselves seriously and that the filmmakers don't believe that will transfer to the screen. As far as serious adpatations, "Road to Perdition" and "From Hell" both came from comic books (well, illustrated novels in the label put on the genre).
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 12:11 pm
There are comic books and there are comic books, just like the movies. Superman was popular lots of years with the original formula. Like the New Coke, the new version didn't thrill me.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 12:26 pm
I remember reading the Superman comics when I was very young (I graduated quickly to adult science fiction like Heinlein and Asimov). I remember them as being all over the place and the villians did begin to become pastiches of themselves. I believe that influenced the movies and I really was more entertained with the more modern sexual tension between Lois and Superman.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 30 May, 2004 12:27 pm
(When they dropped it in "III," the movie felt flat.)
0 Replies