Guy ive been talking to long distance (4 hours away) wants me to drive down to see him. Should i?

Milly43

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:30 pm
We've been talking for 5 months now and we've hung out in person one time when he was in town (he used to live here but now he goes to school out of state) it was great and we had an amazing time. Also yes we did have sex. We talk either on the phone or text everyday. However he is very popular and a lot of girls do find him attractive. He wants me to drive down to see him REALLY bad but I'm scared that he's just taking advantage of me and probably has girls that he talks to down there. He has told me I'm the only girl he talks to and I've told him the same, but Im really on the fence about whether or not this relationship is at a level or is serious enough for me to drive down to see him. Very confused and indecisive about this :/

CalamityJane

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:42 pm
@Milly43,
Well, 4 hours isn't the world, you could drive down - wherever that is and see for yourself the situation. My guess is he lives in a dorm room and you could meet him and his friends there. If you stay for a few days, you'll get a pretty good picture of who he really is who his friends are and if he has other girlfriends. Unless you go you won't know, right?
Milly43

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:44 pm
@CalamityJane,
Yeah youre definitely right. I guess my biggest fear is that he may just be taking advantage of me, but i guess it cant hurt to just go down there and see whats up.
CalamityJane

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 09:51 pm
@Milly43,
In taking advantage of you, what do you mean exactly?
You've had sex with him already, if you don't want to engage in another sexual encounter with him, then don't! You are the one who says yes or no, you are calling the shots, and don't you forget it !
vikorr

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:30 pm
@Milly43,
So he's asking you to chase him? That's a new take on things.

Has he ever talked (seriously) about coming to see you? Or is this looking like being a uni-directional trip...
ehBeth

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:39 pm
@CalamityJane,
CalamityJane wrote:

In taking advantage of you, what do you mean exactly?

precisely. you're already having sex, what are you concerned about?
0 Replies

roger

Sun 31 Aug, 2014 10:41 pm
I'll go with CJ's first answer. You invest your time and find out if you want to continue. Eventually, he is going to have to do some of the traveling, but for now this sounds okay.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:45 am
@Milly43,
No.
0 Replies

Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:48 am
@vikorr,
He's obly talked about coming to see me when hes gonna be in town which is in december, other than that hes always begging me to come see him
BillRM

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:12 am
@Milly43,
Well my now wife in 1985 flown 1500 miles to visit me for the first time and did it once more for that matter before I did the reverse and visited her.

It seems to had work out for us.

ehBeth

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
@Milly43,
Milly43 wrote:

He's obly talked about coming to see me when hes gonna be in town which is in december, other than that hes always begging me to come see him

so he's actually not travelling to see you in December - you're part of his trip to the town you're in

why not wait til he's in town again, spend time with him, see how it goes?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:17 am
@Milly43,
who would be paying for your trip to see him and your accommodation and meals while you're there? has he talked about that with you?
Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:43 am
@ehBeth,
Nope not at all....is that a red flag?
CalamityJane

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 11:47 am
@BillRM,
Yes BillM, but that's because you couldn't find anyone within 1499 miles!
BillRM

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:10 pm
@CalamityJane,
Quote:
Yes BillM, but that's because you couldn't find anyone within 1499 miles!

Not anyone like her that for sure but then I still can not figure how I got so lucky that such a woman picked me as her partner.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:23 pm
@Milly43,
Sounds like you guys need to talk about the practical side of any trip you might make to visit him.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:24 pm
@Milly43,
Has he talked about any tourist attractions he might take you to see while you're visiting?

or is this an omg how awesome,we're going to see each other and **** trip
Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:41 pm
@ehBeth,
Well a little, he's talked about a few places he wanted to take me
0 Replies

roger

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 12:44 pm
Well, it is beginning to sound like a one sided affair.
Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 05:32 pm
@roger,
I think your right. Do you think i should talk to him about him coming up to visit me?