Guy ive been talking to long distance (4 hours away) wants me to drive down to see him. Should i?

chai2

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 06:08 pm
@Milly43,
Oh for pity's sake.

It's just 4 hours.
He's been out to see you. So what if he used to live there. He still traveled to your location.

You leave at 6am, get there for brunch. Stay the afternoon, leave at 6 or 7pm and you're back home at a decent hour.

Or you stay the night, and leave the next day, any time.

You're both adults. No one is taking advantage of anyone. You're doing what is called "going away for the weekend."
Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 06:50 pm
@chai2,
Lol thanks i guess im just overthinking this thats all
chai2

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 07:16 pm
@Milly43,
So apparentely is everyone else on this thread.

Have a good time.
0 Replies

BillRM

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 08:47 pm
@chai2,
I am getting the impression that the gentleman would be better off if she does decide not to drive those four hours to visit him.......
chai2

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 08:52 pm
@BillRM,
why?
Milly43

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:39 pm
@chai2,
Welp its pretty obvious hes talking to other girls. Ive been seeing tweets from another girl from his hometown saying things like "wish i was in indiana" (where he goes to college) "wish my baby would come home" (which he favorited then retweeted) "glad he liked my text before the game" (he plays football) to which he then tweeted "just got the best pre game text got my mind right" etc etc i asked him he of course said no and since i cant get a hold of the girl i guess its best to leave him be
roger

Mon 1 Sep, 2014 09:44 pm
@Milly43,
Sadly, I now agree. He doesn't seem worth a four hour drive just to be a contender.
0 Replies

BillRM

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 05:12 am
@Milly43,
Odd idea that in a brand new relationship where you had not even decided if he is worth a four hours drive that he should had already given up all other relationships!!!!!!!!!!

As I already stated he is likely better off with you not driving those miles in my opinion as while there are such things as instant coffee there is no such thing as instant committed relationships.
Milly43

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 07:48 am
@BillRM,
I told him that if he did talk to other girls it would be fine actually..i was honest with him and told him he wasnt the only guy i talked to. However he chose to LIE about it and say i was the only girl he talked to. My problem is that hes a LIAR not that hes not exclusive. So chill out man lol
BillRM

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 09:12 am
@Milly43,
OK then do not go the four hours drive and forget him!!!!!!!!!!

Expecting him to not talk to other women on the basic of a new start relationship or even being honest about the matter is beyond silly.

At this point his claims of not talking to others fall under the cover of the legal concept of puffing as he have no commitments of any kind to you at this stage of the relationship.

Quote:
The term “puffing” refers to “extravagant claims made by sellers in order to attract buyers.” It is the exaggeration of the good points of a product, a business, real property, and the prospects for future rise in value, profits and growth. However, it cannot be the basis of a lawsuit for fraud or breach of contract
chai2

Tue 2 Sep, 2014 03:35 pm
@BillRM,
Young people take this stuff so seriously nowadays.
You're not going to marry the guy. You're just going to see him for a day, maybe two.

A 4 hour drive is a hop skip and a jump. A tank or 2 of gas, some barbeque ribs, a six pack of beer.
A cheap trip.

So don't go if you don't want to.

Everyone tells lies sometimes. Like Bill said, he's just posturing, making himself look good.

Women do the same thing.

Just look at it like a fun thing to do.
0 Replies