A bizarre new kids' sex craze sweeping the city's schools

au1929

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 08:59 am
She and her mother confirmed that she was suspended during the interview. Why, I guess she shares the fate of every whistle blower.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 09:22 am
cavfancier wrote:
I love how the parents never thought this could happen at a Catholic school. Catholic schoolgirls are the dirtiest nastiest ones out there. I'm guessing it has something to do with sexual repression being forced down their throats from their first day on earth.

Ah cav, I think those Catholic schoolgirls have more than sexual repression in their throats.

Maybe all of us adults should wear them to let our mate know what we are in the mood for. :wink:
0 Replies

steissd

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:00 am
At age of 11? It sounds weird... Well, if the girl's classmate picks such a "coupon" from her forearm, he will be unable to use it, since at such an age he is still a stupid tiny boy, whose equipment is insufficient for having any kind of sex.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:05 am
According to the story it is being played by 13 and 14 year olds. No problem with the equipment at that age.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 10:24 am
At Catholic school it's the priests who redeem the coupons...
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Wed 26 May, 2004 11:00 am
Re: A bizarre new kids' sex craze sweeping the city's school
au1929 wrote:
Megan's mom wonders where this all started and how the kids got so educated about sex. "I'm just wondering who started this whole thing and how it reached Megan in her Catholic school," Michelle Stecher said.

LOL!

Some things never change ...

ossobuco wrote:
I just read somewhere (oh, but where?) that young women are keeping logs of numbers of contacts and types.. and comparing and contrasting, not entirely to have an extensive set of notches - though yes, to a certain number - but also not to rack up too many notches re future consideration from males.

Yep, very same story in a youth special of last week's Volkskrant here.

Newspaper had three full-page portraits of groups of kids, very cute: one of tough kids in Amsterdam, one of rich teenage girls in 't Gooi, and one of farmers' kids out in Brabant. Cool read. Anyhow, it was the rich girls that had the same, intricate system of keeping count of how many guys they had kissed with, french-kissed with, had oral sex with, had went to bed with. Talking 14-15 year-olds here. Girl who showed the journalist her notebook had lots of little crosses.

Its like a thing, you know? They edge each other on on nights out, "c'mon, kiss him", stuff, one ended up having sex outside the club the night reporter hang out with them. Stuff. Its all a bit younger and rougher than when I was in school, f'sure, but then they got more money now, go out more, there's these breezers that are wildly popular and get you drunk a lot quicker, and competitive standards of how 'real' you're supposed to be have just upped. The whole crosses thing seemed mostly to impress each other (and the boys!) -- asked about the crosses signifying intercourse the girl was asked whether she'd liked it - she said, "no, boys are egoistic". Sad, kinda.

Funny thing tho was the letters to the editor page today. One letter from the director of the girls' school, reprimanding the newspaper for focusing on the sensational, on "an incident" thats not at all representative for how most kids act, for ignoring all the constructive social projects these kids do in their free time. And one was from a parent:

"I would like to compliment the makers of the supplement about the youth [..] My daughter of 17 and my 18-year old son, who normally only read [the free newspapers and the cartoons] have both read it and from their reactions (laughing, shrieks of recognition, reading each other sentences aloud) you could tell that both the contents and the style greatly appealed to them." Heh.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 5 Jun, 2004 11:29 pm
Gozmo, I find myself at odds with your points here.

I am not sure about reputations and realities with catholic girls high schools now, but in my time and place, our schooling was very strict, and yes, there was a fairly widely understood phenomenon that was considered to affect catholic school girls. Much has been written about it, much comedy has been done about it, and many of us who were catholic school girls in a repressed time and place understood, somewhat later, and agreed.

This would vary across town. At the same time my high school was teaching quite narrow viewpoints, an order of nuns across town was opening spiritual doors without all that naysaying.

Calling Cav mocking names is not appreciated on this forum.
0 Replies

gozmo

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 02:18 am
Ossobuco,

Let me say in my time and place Catholic School girls were as hard as any nuts to crack. I know, because not being prejudiced, I tried nuts of all denominations.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 05:55 am
I just saw a priest walking by and he was wearing a whole shitload of blue bracelets.
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 06:43 am
Was he carrying a sign for boys only?
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 06:52 am
cavfancier wrote:
I love how the parents never thought this could happen at a Catholic school. Catholic schoolgirls are the dirtiest nastiest ones out there. I'm guessing it has something to do with sexual repression being forced down their throats from their first day on earth.

Why would you think that Catholic girls are nastier or even dirtier than other girls attending either public or religious schools? Because of one report in an online post ? A Catholic education, it seems to me, has one of many purposes, one of which is the teaching of morality. Most if not all Catholic girls, I've ever known are moral, religious, charitable, kind and ethical. They've learned the significance of Church teachings and the application of the Ten Commandments to daily lives.

How about other religions? Should we now direct our attention to girls/boys of other faiths? Are they truly better? I doubt it, based on my experience.

Relative to your comment concerning "sexual repression" steming from day one, I've never know any sexually repressed Catholic girls. Virtuous is one thing, but sexual repression is another. How about other religions?

Will you start naming them or are you going to restrict your comments today concerning dirty,nasty and repressing solely to Catholics?
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 06:56 am
I have an opinion, formed many decades ago, based on diligent, painstaking, comprehensive personal research, including some very memorable "firsts", re Catholic School Girls and their reputation for shall we say "Adventurous Attitude". But then, my year-younger sister went to a Catholic Girl's School (actually, a "Young Women's Academy", named for a virtuous saint) when the two of us were in highschool ... prolly gave me an "In".

BTW ... anybody remember "Virgin Pins" from back in the Poodle Skirt and Bobby Sox days? They were a "Collectable" too Mr. Green
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:02 pm
timberlandko wrote:
BTW ... anybody remember "Virgin Pins" from back in the Poodle Skirt and Bobby Sox days? They were a "Collectable" too Mr. Green

I'm happy to say I'm too young to remember 'virgin pins'. I had never heard of them till I read your post. This is a bit of info I got from a website about them: Jeesh...they are SO corny. LOL I wonder what kind of pins the 'non-virgin' girls wore???

Virgin Pins
Big in the 1950's...Always circular, usually gold-colored metal, may have been made of other materials but not at our school. Girls wore them pinned on their right upper blouse/sweater front to proudly advertise that they were the coveted virginal "good girl" material, highly prized in that era.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:33 pm
Oh, no, don't tell me this now, all these years later. Circle pins had a sexual connotation? I was the most sheltered fourteen year old girl on earth, or it seems so at times. In religion class, Sr. Mary Anthony told us it was a sin to submit to sexual pleasure in the marital act... in marriage. I remember some girls trying to discuss this with her, but I had no clue what anybody was talking about. Embarrassed
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:47 pm
LOL osso...it's good to know that at some point later in your life you got caught up to speed about things of a sexual nature. :wink:
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
I'm laughing too, Osso! Reminded me of how my mother told me about the facts of life. She was so vague and obscure that it took me nearly a year to figure out what she had been talking about.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:00 pm
Mine never told me. She got as far as trying to tell me about sanitary napkins. I got what little I knew from books. That's why I read the Virginian seven times (there was a short romantic scene, with virtually no descriptive content, but it was interesting to me...). I think there were some occasional sort of sexy scenes in Zane Grey books - no, I'm not kidding. That was what was on the shelves at my aunt's house...
eventually I moved on to more books, and some time later, got a life.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:03 pm
Weren't mom's of the 50's uptight when it came to sex?LOL I know mine certainly was. Every aspect of sexuality hinged on making sure you were a 'good girl' and that you saved yourself for marriage. My mother was mortified when she found out I had sex before I was married. I thought she was going to have a heart attack. LOL
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Sun 6 Jun, 2004 10:05 pm
When I was ten or eleven I got hold of a paperback book about the life of Hedy Lamarr. Racy book it was. She had a caniption when she caught me reading it one day. She tore it to shreds and threw it in the trash. LOL
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Mon 7 Jun, 2004 07:06 pm
My mother even freaked when she caught me wearing her dresses. Imagine that!
0 Replies