Realistic preparations for US Isis attack

RABEL222

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:05 pm
@tsarstepan,
These guys are always willing to put American boots on the ground on foreign soil as long as its not their boots or their kids boots. they are basically cowards.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:06 pm
@giujohn,

Quote:

Well.... first they have to not be on a watch list. Then they have to be able to travel from Iraq without being noticed. Then they have to be able to get visas to the US. Then they have to get to the US without being stopped. Then they have to get bomb making materials without raising suspicions. Then they have to build the bomb without blowing themselves up. They would have to not contact anyone from ISIS while here. Then they have to be able to get the bomb to a shopping mall. Then they have to make the bomb work.
giujohn wrote:
VISAS??? HAVE YOU GONE ROUND THE BEND?

Next you'll be telling us that criminals cant get guns cuase they cant pass the federal backgroud check!
That was VERY FUNNY!
giujohn

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

"blend right in?" LMAO
You ever hear about security at airports, piers, and borders?
They must first get to a country that has entry into the US. All airports have
security; they check passports, VISA's, and anyone who looks suspicious.
They can't carry any kind of weapon or military equipment in their checkin or carryon luggage. Not even water.
Just how will they pass muster?

You naivete is astounding.

All it would take is 20 individuals who are already here (and they are here) to go buy a pound each of black powder (easy to do)(or make it...and it's very easy to make) and at the same time with a delayed fuse set it off in a trash bin in 20 malls accross the counrty a week before christmas. It would bring this country to its knees economically and emotionally.
G4Racer

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:06 pm
We have a law against torture. If we are going to stand for honesty, which we haven't done since 1621, we can't use it.
We are the good guys? The only people I've heard say that are our politicians. If we were the good guys our foreign policy would not be controlled by business. We also wouldn't be putting leaders into office that are controlled by US. Check the history in the mid-east over the past 75 years to find out why we have troubles now. We talk about the corrupt governments and know that from first hand experience, as we were usually the ones buying them. If you don't want to do that just check out Panama. Who put a person high up in the drug trade in power, only having to take him out by force.
I don't have the answers; but I'm looking for them. The problem is that if I found them who would listen?
We are not a Nation that should be using "We the People", it should be "We the Individuals". "We the People" implies unity and we have far to many extremists that can't even talk to each other.
We talk about the way Muslims treat women and check out how the record is here.
We talk about Corruption in other countries, how is it here?
0 Replies

G4Racer

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:17 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
It's not funny. The Right Wing extremists feel it should be an easy task to secure our borders. Early society placed ownership on things, including land, when the transition was made from being "hunters and gathers" to an agricultural based society. We forced our system on the Native Americans, we also forced it on the mid-east and Africa. That doesn't make one system right and one system wrong, it only means they are different.
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:32 pm
@Brandon9000,
You wrote,
Quote:
I would disagree with the conclusion that terrorists couldn't detonate bombs at US sites.

We have American terrorists who blow up bombs to kill Americans. But, the real question is, how will "Muslim terrorists" travel from the Middle East to the US? Please explain this in detail, because I'm calling you a bull shytter.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:35 pm
@G4Racer,
G4Racer wrote:
It's not funny.
It IS. I got a good laff.

G4Racer wrote:
The Right Wing extremists
Being extreme in conservatism
is the same as an accountant
being extreme in the accuracy of his bookkeeping precision.

G4Racer wrote:
feel it should be an easy task to secure our borders.
We can deploy the Army along our Southern border.
It has to be somewhere.

G4Racer wrote:
Early society placed ownership on things, including land,
when the transition was made from being "hunters and gathers"
to an agricultural based society. We forced our system on the Native Americans,
I am a Native American because I was born in NY.

G4Racer wrote:
we also forced it on the mid-east and Africa.
That doesn't make one system right and one system wrong,
it only means they are different.
Your use of the terms: "right" and "wrong" have no meaning
unless u indicate by what criteria
the subject matter is to be judged.

David
Brandon9000

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
You wrote,
Quote:
I would disagree with the conclusion that terrorists couldn't detonate bombs at US sites.

We have American terrorists who blow up bombs to kill Americans. But, the real question is, how will "Muslim terrorists" travel from the Middle East to the US? Please explain this in detail, because I'm calling you a bull shytter.

You are aware, I presume, that Al Qaeda did just this to perpetrate 9/11. The members of ISIS may have connections to various groups and people in their own country some of whom could, or have family members who could, or have new recruits who could, or have sympathizers who could enter the US legally. They may have connections to Muslims already in the US. The idea that ISIS cannot through all of the connections of all of its members come up with a single person who could enter or has entered the US is hard to believe.
edgarblythe

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 04:43 am
@Brandon9000,
Under that scenario, we could kill every Isis fighter in the field and still be penetrated.
0 Replies

parados

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 08:08 am
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

How many illegal aliens
sneak thru our relatively un-defended borders each month ????

Yes, and how many are caught and turned back?
How many die in the attempt to cross?
How many die in Mexico before they even get to the border?

And those are people that speak a language that is understood in Mexico and near the border.
parados

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 08:10 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

Quote:
Perhaps you should check your facts. He was convicted in 2001 for attempting to sneak across the border in 1999. I think the US has beefed up security just a little bit since then. You might recall a little incident and some small legislation passed as a result of it.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DELUDED

So you are seriously going to argue that entrance to the US is the same today as it was in 1999? I don't think I am the one deluded.
parados

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 08:13 am
@giujohn,
You can't enter the US on a plane without a visa or a valid passport from a country that doesn't require a US visa. Anyone from ISIS that applied for a visa would have to be a position where that affiliation is unknown and there travel to Iraq or Syria was so secret no agency in Britian, France, Germany, or the US was unaware of it.
0 Replies

neologist

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:05 am
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
. . . how will "Muslim terrorists" travel from the Middle East to the US? . . .
I thought it had already been established that many of the ISIS persuasion are US or British citizens with proper passports. All they would have to do is come home.
parados

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:15 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

You naivete is astounding.

All it would take is 20 individuals who are already here (and they are here) to go buy a pound each of black powder (easy to do)(or make it...and it's very easy to make) and at the same time with a delayed fuse set it off in a trash bin in 20 malls accross the counrty a week before christmas. It would bring this country to its knees economically and emotionally.

A pound of black powder in a trash can isn't going to do much damage. It might scare a few people and the news might blow it up more than the powder does but things like that happen almost every day in the US and no one gets upset or drops to their knees.

http://www.channel3000.com/news/police-investigate-garbage-can-explosion/25190968
http://www.sfexaminer.com/sanfrancisco/homeless-man-injured-by-explosive-device-in-tenderloin-trashcan/Content?oid=2614041
http://www.wmur.com/news/3-explosive-devices-found-in-barnstead/26663764#!bKsbCV
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2014/08/13/firebomb-devices-destroy-weld-county-mailboxes/
http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/2013/10/police-investigate-homemade-explosive-device-found-in-prosper-mailbox.html/
http://www.wvgazette.com/article/20140519/GZ01/140519251
parados

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:17 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:
I thought it had already been established that many of the ISIS persuasion are US or British citizens with proper passports. All they would have to do is come home.

Except those with US and British passports that have aligned with ISIS are for the most part known. They are on a watch list so they can't just return any time they want without being picked up and questioned.
0 Replies

G4Racer

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:21 am
@OmSigDAVID,
The old accounting question, "Do you want to show a profit or a loss?"
Honesty also comes into play. That was pointed out well many years ago on the first day in Acc101.

Extremism: "a person who favours or resorts to immoderate, uncompromising, or fanatical methods or behaviour, esp in being politically radical " (from an English dictionary I guess)
Extremism is the killer of Democracy as it will not allow a person to have a differing opinion.

What makes you think it would be the southern border? I can easily walk into Canada or the USA from Canada or come by boat.

Nationalism is something new though some elements have existed a lot longer. The big push to Nationalism is usually dated between 1700 and the late 1800's. It occurred at about the same time as the Industrial Revolution.
"Good - Bad, Right - Wrong and Left and Right" are dependent on orientation or an accepted definition. If you accept the concept of Right being conservative and left being liberal you should be able to grasp the others.

The US Government uses "Native Americans" as applying to a particular group and you may be one of the few people that not accept that.

We consider the "Right" to be composed of Fundamentalist, Evangelical Christians yet the "Right" has many that are not Christian of those that are few follow NT teachings. The "Left" as commie atheists, yet many are "Christian" and most are not communists.

The Right likes to use Thomas Jefferson as their example but at least he was able to see both sides. He just preferred to live on one.

0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 09:40 am
@Brandon9000,
Security at airports, piers, and borders were strengthened after 9/11. What world do you live in? Do you ever travel by these modes of transportation? Probably not, because they now have security lines with TSA agents who even look at little old me with my passport over a half inch thick with stamps from all around the world. At many airports, I have to take off my shoes, belts, and wristwatch - with nothing in my pockets. They even xray every passenger and carryon luggage that goes through security.

You are totally ignorant of the realities of today's border security at all countries. No passport, no VISA, no passenger.

Give it a try; try to get on a plane without a passport to the Middle East.
InfraBlue

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:04 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

Likely al-Qaeda didn't have that much trouble getting in before hijacking a few airliners on 9/11/01.

They've had much trouble getting in to hijack a few airliners or perpetrate anything else, for that matter, since 9/11.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:09 am
@neologist,
neologist wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

The NSA is keeping tabs on them as they are on you. If they're suspected they're abducted and... enhancively interrogated. I'm sure you're low priority on the other hand.
cicerone imposter

Tue 26 Aug, 2014 10:34 am
@InfraBlue,
Not only that but the president has the authority to put into prison anyone he says is a terrorists without legal representation - even American citizens. Although Obama denies he tortures prisoners, that has not been established as a fact - especially at gitmo.

Quote:
A Gitmo Prisoner Alleges He Has Been Tortured Under Obama
According to a lawsuit, Imad Abdullah Hassan is force-fed with an unnecessarily large tube while strapped to a chair covered in blood and human waste.
CONOR FRIEDERSDORFMAR 12 2014, 6:18 AM ET
0 Replies