Realistic preparations for US Isis attack

parados

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:04 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

So, how would you prevent ISIS from striking in a US city?

I would guess the best way would be to use the same measure we are using to prevent ISIS from landing a man on the moon.
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 05:30 pm
@parados,
Actually, there's really no way for ISIS to enter the US. If there is one, I'd like to hear about it.
Brandon9000

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:07 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Send in a couple of guys who blend right in with us to plant bombs in shopping malls.
neologist

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:11 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Actually, there's really no way for ISIS to enter the US. If there is one, I'd like to hear about it.
They can if they take off their official. ISIS armbands.. Just use passports instead.
roger

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:13 pm
@neologist,
Likely al-Qaeda didn't have that much trouble getting in before hijacking a few airliners on 9/11/01.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:14 pm
@neologist,
cicerone imposter wrote:
neologist wrote:
They can if they take off their official. ISIS armbands.. Just use passports instead.
Of course, NO ONE woud ever sneak across the border.
No one has ever lowered himself to THAT.
parados

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:18 pm
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Send in a couple of guys who blend right in with us to plant bombs in shopping malls.

Well.... first they have to not be on a watch list. Then they have to be able to travel from Iraq without being noticed. Then they have to be able to get visas to the US. Then they have to get to the US without being stopped. Then they have to get bomb making materials without raising suspicions. Then they have to build the bomb without blowing themselves up. They would have to not contact anyone from ISIS while here. Then they have to be able to get the bomb to a shopping mall. Then they have to make the bomb work.

Lots of little things on that list that would have to happen perfect for them. I doubt they would even make it to the visa for the US stage.
parados

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:19 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

Of course, NO ONE woud ever sneak across the border.
No one has ever lowered himself to THAT.

Where exactly is that US/Iraq border David?
OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:22 pm
@parados,
How about we focus on the Mexican border ?

As I remember, we caught some Moslem
sneaking across the Canadian border with a car full of explosives a few years ago.
parados

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:24 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Yes? And? Which members of ISIS are in Mexico?

I would suggest they have a better chance catching a plane to the US than flying into Mexico and trying to sneak across the US border.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:26 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Yes? And? Which members of ISIS are in Mexico?
Well, lemme see; there 's Mohammad Ahab . . .
0 Replies

parados

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:27 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

As I remember, we caught some Moslem
sneaking across the Canadian border with a car full of explosives a few years ago.

Perhaps you should check your facts. He was convicted in 2001 for attempting to sneak across the border in 1999. I think the US has beefed up security just a little bit since then. You might recall a little incident and some small legislation passed as a result of it.
OmSigDAVID

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:32 pm
@parados,
How many illegal aliens
sneak thru our relatively un-defended borders each month ????
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:42 pm
@Brandon9000,
YOu wrote,
Quote:

"blend right in?" LMAO

You ever hear about security at airports, piers, and borders?

They must first get to a country that has entry into the US. All airports have security; they check passports, VISA's, and anyone who looks suspicious.

They can't carry any kind of weapon or military equipment in their checkin or carryon luggage. Not even water.

Just how will they pass muster?
cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Before they get to the US border from Canada or Mexico, they first need to get into those countries. Exactly, how will they do that without a VISA into their country?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:47 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
2006 transatlantic aircraft plot
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
2006 transatlantic airline plots in the United Kingdom

Security reaction

Police at the scene of one of the raids, on Forest Road, Walthamstow, London.
The 2006 transatlantic aircraft plot was a terrorist plot to detonate liquid explosives carried on board at least 10 airliners travelling from the United Kingdom to the United States and Canada.[1] The plot was discovered and foiled by British police before it could be carried out and, as a result, unprecedented security measures were immediately put in place.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 08:52 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

ITS CALLED THE 2500 MILE SIEVE OF A SOUTHERN BORDER.
AND THEY ARE ALREADY HERE.
0 Replies

giujohn

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 08:56 pm
@parados,
Quote:
Perhaps you should check your facts. He was convicted in 2001 for attempting to sneak across the border in 1999. I think the US has beefed up security just a little bit since then. You might recall a little incident and some small legislation passed as a result of it.

YOU CANT BE SERIOUS OR YOU ARE SERIOUSLY DELUDED
Brandon9000

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 08:57 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

Well.... first they have to not be on a watch list. Then they have to be able to travel from Iraq without being noticed. Then they have to be able to get visas to the US. Then they have to get to the US without being stopped. Then they have to get bomb making materials without raising suspicions. Then they have to build the bomb without blowing themselves up. They would have to not contact anyone from ISIS while here. Then they have to be able to get the bomb to a shopping mall. Then they have to make the bomb work.

Lots of little things on that list that would have to happen perfect for them. I doubt they would even make it to the visa for the US stage.

I would disagree with the conclusion that terrorists couldn't detonate bombs at US sites. Surely, 9/11 was more elaborate than setting off a bomb in a public place. Do you really want to take the position that terrorists simply can't attack us at home or that it's fantastically improbable? Maybe they'd ship the parts in, buy them, steal them. It's not my area, but the idea that they just can't do it seems far-fetched.
giujohn

Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:00 pm
@parados,
Quote:

VISAS??? HAVE YOU GONE ROUND THE BEND?
Next you'll be telling us that criminals cant get guns cuase they cant pass the federal backgroud check!