The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

tony5732

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:08 am
@izzythepush,
Oh, well no hurt feelings than, I was actually just waiting to see if you were going to even try speaking up for your crappy organization called Black Lives Matter after all this garbage they are causing. You were the first one to enlighten me about this cardboard box campaign because you kept spamming "Black Lives Matter" instead of saying anything intelligent.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:44 am
@Baldimo,
So you never had an education courtesy of the government? Your school was probably a lot better than those in some predominantly black neighbourhoods. Where you live makes a difference to your job prospects.

I'm not saying you didn't work hard, but regardless of that you had fewer obstacles to overcome than some.

If there is no white privilege, if there really is equality of opportunity, and no institutional racism then what you're saying is that black people must be inherently inferior to whites. Now I'm not calling you a racist, but if you deny white privilege exists then you're giving the racist argument.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:44 am
@tony5732,
Sorry, still can't place you.
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 09:53 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Sorry I don't remember you. There's a lot of intolerant people on A2K, you all tend to blur as one after a while.

How could poor old Izzy possibly tell. ???
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 11:52 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
So you never had an education courtesy of the government? Your school was probably a lot better than those in some predominantly black neighbourhoods.

Sure I went to public schools, but I lived in and went to school with about a 50% split of whites and minorities, with the majority of the minorities being hispanic. You can look up the stats yourself, the town was Mundelein Il, and it is north of Chicago. I lived there for about 10 years until I was a teenager. Until that point in my life, a majority of my friends were from south of the border. I've already shared this info, but you were too busy looking for "inconsistencies" in my story to actually comprehend what I was saying.

Quote:
Where you live makes a difference to your job prospects.

Why do you think I've had so many different jobs and climbed the ladder? I'm not someone who lives where I grew up. I've lived in a few different states here in the US, so I wasn't limited. When I discovered that the only way to make more money was to change jobs, I do that. I've never stuck around and expected an employeer to pay me better. I'll list the cities and states I've lived in. I have had a job in every place I have lived. They didn't pay better then I found one that did.

Wheatridge CO
Chicago Il
Mundelein Il
Littleton CO
Aurora CO
Imperial Beach CA
Gulfport MS
Ft. Atkinson WI
Alpine CA
Spring Valley CA
Aurora CO
Lakewood CO
Westminster CO

I'll say it again since you seem to miss things. My dad was a cop for different agencies in the Federal govt and my mother was too lazy to work. I didn't grow up with a silver spoon or all of this privilege you seem to think I had. You are mixing me up with your own self it seems.

Quote:
If there is no white privilege, if there really is equality of opportunity, and no institutional racism then what you're saying is that black people must be inherently inferior to whites. Now I'm not calling you a racist, but if you deny white privilege exists then you're giving the racist argument.

Of course that is your take away from what I said, it has to be because being someone who goes against your views I have to be an "ist" of some sort. What does that say about all the poor white people? Are they victims of "white privilege? as well? There are more poor people who are white in this country then there are poor black people. This is why your argument is a farce, and why I don't buy the BS.

I think blacks are in the place they are due to the leftists in the country. Look at how you talk about them. For 40+ years people like you and the other race baiters have told minorities that they can't get by in this world without their help because the white man wants to keep them down. Can you point to a single major city in the US that is run by the Dems and has been for decades were black people have prospered? You can't because it doesn't happen.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:20 pm
@Baldimo,
White privilege doesn't mean you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth, but you have to admit being the son of a white cop means you get a better start in life than the black kid whose dad's in prison.

Spare the bloody David Copperfield routine, you're missing the basic point and no amount of waxing lyrical will alter that.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:21 pm
@Baldimo,
Baldimo wrote:
There are more poor people who are white in this country then there are poor black people. This is why your argument is a farce, and why I don't buy the BS.

From this source (Poverty Rate by Race/Ethnicity):
Quote:
http://i62.tinypic.com/k3x1md.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/1zl416q.jpg
http://i61.tinypic.com/1zvfyfm.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/if65ia.jpg
http://i58.tinypic.com/rjfo01.jpg
quote]
Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
When I count people, I don't count by percentage. I'm looking at the straight #'s, and there are more poor whites then there are poor blacks. How many times have we seen people on this site talk about the welfare state of Alabama or Georgia? They don't do this to talk about the poor minorities in those states, but the poor white people who vote against their own interests.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:34 pm
@Baldimo,
Making up your own system sure beats statistical analysis, that way you can always bend the figures to make them mean what you want them to.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 12:50 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm not bending anything. I said there were more poor white people than there were poor black people. When you count people, that is true. The bend comes from presenting the % of poor people per race instead of the actual # of poor people.

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:12 pm
@Baldimo,
That's a quite interesting point of view you have on statistics.
Baldimo

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:28 pm
@Walter Hinteler,
Does the census work off of a %, or does it actually count people? I'm going by the # of actual people in poverty, not the # of people in a group that are in poverty. In this instance using a % instead of an actual # isn't being honest about the #'s of poor people.

Go back and read my post and tell me that what I said amounts to the use of a percentage.
Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 01:36 pm
@Baldimo,
And I've written that your view on it is interesting - 'in my opinion', I should have added.
And that opinion certainly is sourced by the fact that we look at such and similar by percentage here in Europe since absolute numbers don't give any clue when you compare the situation within a majority and a minority.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:12 pm
@Baldimo,
You're not being honest, far from it. You're not living in the real world.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:25 pm
@Baldimo,
There's more poor whites than black, but being black increases your probability of being poor by a factor of four or five times. Why are you so freaking mean?

There is a white privilege. Don't tell me you never felt you didn't have a leg up on a fellow job candidate if he were black. You drive down he road and there's a black guy broke down and a block further a white guy or woman broke down - tell me no one's white privilege came into your equation.
Baldimo

@izzythepush,
I don't live in the real world? That's funny Izzy. As usual, you don't have any proof of my "lies" because you don't live in the real world. As always I share my experiences and you just sit back and take pot shots at what is said, take a few words out of an entire post and use those as some sort of "proof" I'm lying.

Why not share some of your experiences with us? I have a feeling your entire existence on this site is nothing but a lie. You provide nothing but insults to those who do share.
georgeob1

@Walter Hinteler,
Walter Hinteler wrote:

That's a quite interesting point of view you have on statistics.

I believe his approach is indeed appropriate to the point he was making. Read it again.

Human behavior and achievment are exceedingly complex things. Life is rarely fair, even in the social democrat paridises of Europe. In the EU Germans are generally better off than Greeks, and in Germany Turkish immigrants are generally less well of than native Germans.

Izzy appoints himself as the universal judge of others but interestingly doesn't volunter any information on himself. He also doesn't tolerate any implied criticism that might be attached to himself or his country, but is quite liberal himself in exercising preemptory judgments of others. I wonder if he would acknowledge the existence of "white privilege" in the UK.

0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:26 pm
@Baldimo,
http://i.imgur.com/Am9VoqT.png
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:32 pm
@tony5732,
I beg to disagree. I don't remember you at all in the vaguest. But then that kind of over general race baiting crap is eminently forgettable.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Wed 12 Aug, 2015 02:34 pm
@Baldimo,
But they were military rounds, aren't they???
0 Replies