The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:44 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Police officers that are properly trained or acting correctly would most likely have defused the situation without resorting to shooting and killing someone.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:50 pm
@revelette2,
DAVID wrote:
I question your assumption resulting in your conclusion
that: "That means he acted badly or was poorly trained."

revelette2 wrote:
He must have been poorly trained, or in the heat of the moment,
threw it out the window to shoot someone six times. Either a bad shot,
or an awful lot of rage.
Rage in the target.
The reason for shooting was to end the threat.
Y do u think that there was anything rong with his training ??

revelette2 wrote:
I don't see why he had to resort to shooting an unarmed man in the first place,
He was NOT "an unarmed man".
He was armed naturally, the same way that a rattlesnake is armed.
He ruffed up both the victim of the cigar robbery
and Wilson. I m glad that we r rid of that danger.

revelette2 wrote:
but if he did, I don't see why he had to shoot him six times.
I do not see how that would be defensive.
From what is being discussed, he was charging Wilson, who broke the charge
with a lucky head shot.

Most likely, he was only using a 9mm automatic.
Thay don t have much stopping power. I favor .44 special,
with hollowpointed slugs, for maximal energy dump within the target.

David
0 Replies

Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:19 pm
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Look at James Watson the co-founder of the double Helix and his racist remarks concerning the intelligence of African-Americans. He is a prime example.

One thing one can do is not waste too much energy on things one cannot change. The belief by some whites that they possess an intrinsic racial superiority over non-whites and blacks in particular, is beyond one's control. The most important act the citizens of Ferguson can participate in is VOTING! If the majority had involved themselves in the voting process in their city, the outcome would produce a non-white Mayor who is from the community, lives there, and understands the problems of the people therein.

One glaring reality is the Police force in Ferguson, Missouri; it is in terrible need of overhauling; it is highly incompetent amid blatant racism. When reconstructing the Ferguson police force, an associate degree should be a part of this program and a requirement as that would curtail some of the impulsive reactions by quick triggered cops we've seen on display in Missouri and other states in America. The Ferguson defense force appear to be riddled with unethical police and the cancerous ones need to be rooted out. One police officer was pointing his gun at a citizen during the Ferguson protests while hurling obscenities at them as if they were animals. Another officer was seen on video telling the crowd how he loves to kill humans, and this same policeman was shoving the protesters while Don Lemon, MSNBC was in his path reporting.

There must be more African American policeman in Ferguson, and the people must truly exercise their right to vote. That makes no sense to have a predominantly African American city that is governed by a predominantly white government.....it reminds one of South Africa apartheid era.

Right-wingers have labeled Brown a “thug” as a result of that video which should not have been publicly aired prematurely. Somehow, those who are determined to hate every African-American murdered by police (or anyone, for that matter) have managed to form an opinion that a simple theft is worthy of a death sentence if one’s skin is not light enough.

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:24 pm
@parados,
parados wrote:
Police officers that are properly trained or acting correctly would most likely
have defused the situation without resorting to shooting and killing someone.
I doubt that.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:25 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
You wrote with which I agree,
Quote:
There must be more African American policeman in Ferguson, and the people must truly exercise their right to vote. That makes no sense to have a predominantly African American city that is governed by a predominantly white government.....it reminds one of South Africa apartheid era.

Many racists can't see this as a problem, because of their feeling of superiority; they want governance and control over all minorities. That's based on 'fear' and nothing more. Look at the US population and the trend towards more minorities over whites. Many won't admit it, but they're scared shytless!

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:28 pm
@Buttermilk,
Cops dont get paid to lose fights. They are also taught not to use their fists because you cant be trained AND certified in their use...and it appears to "personel" when an officer uses his fists.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:51 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
Quote:
Somehow, those who are determined to hate every African-American murdered by police (or anyone, for that matter) have managed to form an opinion that a simple theft is worthy of a death sentence if one’s skin is not light enough.

Amen!

We see so much of that here in A2K...by some people who are determined to see many blacks killed by cops or vigilantes...as thugs...or people who make the planet a better place by having been killed.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 02:59 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
I doubt that.

Of course you doubt it because you think guns are the solution to every problem.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:21 pm
@parados,

OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
I doubt that.
parados wrote:
Of course you doubt it because you think guns are the solution to every problem.
Its not polite to tell people what thay think.
coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:02 pm
@parados,

Quote:

No he doesn't. You have comprehension problems.
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:03 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:

He doesn't do polite. He does arrogant.
0 Replies

giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:13 pm
@parados,
"Disparity of force. If a 300 pound 6 foot tall man is fighting with you, a 160 pound 5'9" police officer for your gun and you are injured to the point that you may lose your gun, you SHOOT the offender. If the person is getting away from you and the only way to affect the arrest is to shoot him, then you do so. (it's called the fleeing felon law) The requisite is if the fleeing felon is a violent felon and could be a futher danger to other police or the public. Beating an officer almost to unconsciousness trying to get his gun more then qualifies. The fact that he beat an officer to the point of unconsciousness and tried to get his gun is prima facia evidence of a continuing danger to others."

I see you're playing you games again NO WHERE in the post that you copied this from did I EVER use Officer Wilsons name; it was a hypothetical AND in the sentence beforethat one I said , "almost unconscious" so you also took it out of context MR. TROLL
parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:31 pm
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

"Disparity of force. If a 300 pound 6 foot tall man is fighting with you, a 160 pound 5'9" police officer for your gun and you are injured to the point that you may lose your gun, you SHOOT the offender. If the person is getting away from you and the only way to affect the arrest is to shoot him, then you do so. (it's called the fleeing felon law) The requisite is if the fleeing felon is a violent felon and could be a futher danger to other police or the public. Beating an officer almost to unconsciousness trying to get his gun more then qualifies. The fact that he beat an officer to the point of unconsciousness and tried to get his gun is prima facia evidence of a continuing danger to others."

I see you're playing you games again NO WHERE in the post that you copied this from did I EVER use Officer Wilsons name; it was a hypothetical AND in the sentence beforethat one I said , "almost unconscious" so you also took it out of context MR. TROLL

I hardly took it out of context. You even went so far to claim it was fact he was beaten to the point of unconsciousness. I am curious who you think the "he" refers to in your sentence. It can only point to Brown which would imply the officer in question must be Wilson unless you know of some other officer he beat to the point of unconsciousness.

Calling me a troll doesn't change your wording. You are free to simply claim you made an error at any point and correct that error.
giujohn

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:36 pm
@parados,
Quote:
You are free to simply claim you made an error at any point and correct that error.

LOL. The only error I made was responding to a troll...one that I will certainly correct in future. ADIOS!
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
Look at the US population and the trend towards more minorities over whites. Many won't admit it, but they' shytless!

America's growing demographic shift can be seen in the voting patterns here in the US. It was the Latino vote which pushed Obama over the edge in 2012. At the rate the GOP is going, alienating minorities, and especially the fastest growing ethnic group, Latinos, they don't stand a chance in 2016 unless there is a paradigm shift of the status quo.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 04:49 pm
@Moment-in-Time,
I think there are many influencing factors about voters and voting in the US, and not only the Hispanic votes. If the Hispanic vote was the deciding influence in US elections, it would be much easier to determine the winner.

Eleven million Latino votes isn't going to determine elections where 240 million votes are cast. Even heavy Hispanic states are not always predictable.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 05:43 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I think there are many influencing factors about voters and voting in the US, and not only the Hispanic votes. If the Hispanic vote was the deciding influence in US elections, it would be much easier to determine the winner.

Eleven million Latino votes isn't going to determine elections where 240 million votes are cast. Even heavy Hispanic states are not always predictable.

Number agreement, ci!

Try getting the number agreement right.

Remember...you consider yourself to be above average in English usage.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 06:11 pm
@giujohn,
If you bothered to take responsibility for your own factual error this would have ended a long time ago. Instead, you insist you did nothing wrong meanwhile your own words speak for themselves.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 06:13 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
OmSigDAVID wrote:

OmSigDAVID wrote:

parados wrote:
I doubt that.
parados wrote:

Then tell us how the proper training and action of a police officer led to shooting someone for jaywalking. Tell us how the officer didn't let the situation get out of hand. when he let it escalate to that point. In order for it to not have gotten out of hand then the only logical choice is it was supposed to lead to the shooting.
Moment-in-Time

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 06:25 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:

Forgive me, CI, I wasn't too clear in my post. Of course Hispanics alone cannot decide American elections, but with Gays, moderate whites, Asians, Independents, African Americans, college students, women (Women gave Obama 55% to Romney's 43%, a proportion that was unchanged from the president's lead among women in 2008), all collectively put Obama in the White House. However, if it were not for the energized Latino vote (Romney said Latinos would self-deport) they would not have turned out in as big a number as they did. As a voting group, Hispanics rarely vote their true number and they are not as adverse to voting Republican as African Americans are. But in 2012 they were highly motivated in huge numbers to vote against Romney.

Obama got 51.1 percent of the popular vote to Mitt Romney's 47.2 percent, a four point margin. (Let's all pause for a moment and savor the fact that history will show that Romney won … 47 percent.)

The Latinos provided that edge the Democrats needed to push Obama over the line.