The Day Ferguson Cops Were Caught in a Bloody Lie

Buttermilk

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:27 am
@Moment-in-Time,
Very interesting response....

I too think higher education can mitigate the bigotry of some people but some things are just too internalized. Look at James Watson the co-founder of the double Helix and his racist remarks concerning the intelligence of African-Americans. He is a prime example.
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:32 am
@giujohn,
I've fought men who were 6'6 and of similar weight. I guess if you've never been in a street fight and are prone to getting your ass whooped I'm sure you think to even the odds a gun is the best choice. People said the same thing about Zimmerman:

"Well what would you do if YOUR FACE WAS GETTING POUNDED????"

So I guess if you're in a street fight in order to win you shoot someone in the chest or in this case 6 times. In my opinion only pussies think of using deadly force in a street fight. That is not being a real man, that is being a coward. I guess I grew up differently. You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day that was the motto I grew up with. Cops have non-lethal equipment and that is what he should've used.
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 03:33 am
@hawkeye10,
Um, you may want to look at the quotation marks...I was quoting someone else....LOL fail
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 07:53 am
@giujohn,
giujohn wrote:

When did I say he was unconscious??

I see what your game is and I'm not going to play it, troll. Have a nice day.

Right here -
Quote:
The fact that he beat an officer to the point of unconsciousness and tried to get his gun is prima facia evidence of a continuing danger to others.

The point of unconsciousness is the point at which someone becomes unconscious.
revelette2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 08:12 am
@parados,
Very good points, parados.

Going from all the posts, its seems like the whole thing might have went like this. Brown, stole those cigars things, Wilson heard the description of him after going on another call and saw him walking on the side walk. At some point, Brown threw a punch and Wilson responded by shooting him to death six times. Was the six shots excessive force, I think by rights, definitely.
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:01 am
@revelette2,
Actually from my understanding, during the whole situation where Wilson told Brown to get out of the street was when shortly after, he got the call of a robbery. Wilson wasn't even going after Brown regarding the robbery.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:05 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

Actually from my understanding, during the whole situation where Wilson told Brown to get out of the street was when shortly after, he got the call of a robbery. Wilson wasn't even going after Brown regarding the robbery.
I heard that too.
During the interchange, Wilson found out about the cigar robbery
and then he saw Big, Bad, Brown holding the cigars.

David
Buttermilk

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:12 am
@OmSigDAVID,
Where does it say he "saw" it? I thought reports stated he looked as if he was holding something?
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 09:15 am
@revelette2,
By all accounts, that cop over reacted to the stealing of cigars by shooting Brown so many times. That's called 'overkill' for cigars. The outcome of plain and simple. There was no cause to shoot and kill.

0 Replies

revelette2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:01 am
@Buttermilk,
Quote:
Wilson wasn't even going after Brown regarding the robbery.

Your right, he didn't. I went back and re-read the one article I read on this issue. I just remembered that there was a description of Brown put out on the police radio but I made a wrong assumption.

Quote:
Police Chief Thomas Jackson said the officer who fired the fatal shots, Darren Wilson, did not know Michael Brown was a robbery suspect when he initially stopped the teen and a companion "because they were walking down the middle of the street blocking traffic." Jackson told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch that Wilson knew there had been a robbery in the area but did not know that Brown was a suspect.

Quote:
Descriptions of the suspect were broadcast over the police radio. The officer did not find the suspects either on the street or at the other store, the reports said.

The robber took a box of Swisher Sweets Cigars valued at $48.99, according to the reports. The suspects were identified as 18-year-old Michael Brown and 22-year-old Dorian Johnson.

Separately, Wilson had been responding to a nearby call involving a sick 2-month child from 11:48 am until noon, when he left that place. A minute later, he encountered Brown walking down a street.

Relevant parts of the source I left the other day.

I wish there was a credible source where it explains exactly what happened between the time Wilson told Brown to get out the street and the time he shot him six times.

In the end, I hardly see a justification for shooting him six times no matter how you slice it since number one, he was unarmed and it surely don't take six bullets to subdue a person no matter how big and black they are.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:04 am
@revelette2,
I agree; it was overkill no matter what the situation was. Six times? That's pretty extreme in anybody's interpretation - or should be.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:19 am
@revelette2,
The police claim Wilson didn't know about the robbery at the time he confronted Brown.

My guess is it's a couple of 18 year olds that decided to be belligerent when a cop told them to get on the sidewalk. It escalated from there.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:24 am
@parados,
Shooting anyone six times is not defensive. Especially when the other person is unarmed.
parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:30 am
@cicerone imposter,
Shooting someone six times could be defensive.

The problem is I don't see how a police officer with a gun got to that point if he initiated the confrontation. The only way is if the police officer lost control of the situation. That means he acted badly or was poorly trained.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:32 am
@parados,
I disagree. That cop went out of control.
He became the judge, jury and executioner.
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:39 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

Shooting someone six times could be defensive.

The problem is I don't see how a police officer with a gun got to that point if he initiated the confrontation.
The only way is if the police officer lost control of the situation.
That means he acted badly or was poorly trained.
No. U assume too much.
hawkeye10

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:41 am
When I look at the funeral pics I see not a single white face. Was this guy a racist? I sure appears so.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 10:44 am
@OmSigDAVID,
So your definition of a situation under control is have to resort to shooting someone? That seems about right for you David.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 11:36 am
@parados,
parados wrote:

So your definition of a situation under control
is have to resort to shooting someone?
That seems about right for you David.
U mis-understand.
I dont question that the situation got out of control
when Brown became violent with Wilson,
as he did during the robbery a few moments before.

I question your assumption resulting in your conclusion
that: "That means he acted badly or was poorly trained."
revelette2

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2014 12:36 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Quote:
I question your assumption resulting in your conclusion
that: "That means he acted badly or was poorly trained."

He must have been poorly trained, or in the heat of the moment, threw it out the window to shoot someone six times. Either a bad shot, or an awful lot of rage.

I don't see why he had to resort to shooting an unarmed man in the first place, but if he did, I don't see why he had to shoot him six times. I do not see how that would be defensive.