Confused looking for advice

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:13 am
Due to financial problems (successfully resolved) I worked 2 jobs 14-16 hours a day and therefore did not go out nearly 4 years and didn't have a girl for about 6 years. I started to go out again about a month ago. In the club I noticed a girl ... last Saturday seemed to me that she constantly look me (when I look she quickly turned to look elsewhere) every little bit she would walk by me and trip over my shoulder (the empty space between the tables is about 2 meters and it was not crowded) I later sat on something like a table not exactly straight behind her, after which she leaned on my back like it is back of the chair. Did I maybe pass my golden oportunity? Extra info if needed i' am slightly overweight and she is more than gorgeous.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 695 • Replies: 6

jespah

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
@lostinthejungle,
So, did you say three words to her, or just pretend to be a chair?
vikorr

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 01:07 pm
@lostinthejungle,
How on earth if a woman meant to feel alluring if she can't lure you into talking to her?

Second looks are never an accident...

...although second looks are sometimes 'what's that creep doing looking at me' - but there's plenty of body language to give away the latter.

How many attempts did she make?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 03:07 pm
@lostinthejungle,
Lost,

This is a good time for you to make attempts to meet women. You don't know where it might go, but not trying leaves you with a helpless feeling - like this one.

Steel yourself before going out - realize that you may get shot down. Then, try to build yourself up and be ready to speak to women. It helps to have a wing man. Someone who can help you check your look, who may be able to "entertain" a friend of your lady interest.

If someone actually bumps into you, that seems to be a good excuse to say something - but I'm totally the wrong person to give advice on exactly what to say. I'm a chick, and everything I say - no matter how stupid - has always worked. Maybe some dudes can come around and give you some ideas about how to finesse the beginnings of a conversation.

I think something stupid like, "Excuse me. I'm afraid the cost of bumping my chair is five minutes of conversation at my table. Please have a seat. Your friend can come, too - I recall that's an option in the Chair Bumping Manual."

Try to have fun, be relaxed. If she looks at you weird and walks away, you can just say to your friend - anyone around, "Clearly she hasn't read the manual." Forget it - and enjoy your evening. (But don't look at her again.)

Meeting people in public can be tricky, as my lame advice proves, but don't let that stop you from trying. If you strike out 10 times, it's worth a connection on the 11th. Just remember to be light-hearted and not take it seriously - but also very important, if she shoots you down, don't try it again with her. If she returns to you, that's ok - if it's ok with you. An initial come-on may shock many women for a moment - and after thinking about it, she may show interest. Just don't look at her hoping for it. It may make her think you're stalker-y.

Good luck!

Lash

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2014 04:21 pm
@Lash,
*whew* Thank goodness I wasn't a dude. I could never pick up women. Smile
0 Replies

Zeurich

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:15 am
@lostinthejungle,
I think you need to take step at a time, with out having a girl for 6 years when some one leaned your back you feel like a golden chance, was she not leaning every ones back in the club? I cannot exactly say if that is golden silver or copper chance. Good luck!
0 Replies

Zeurich

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2014 06:20 am
@jespah,
Do you know I m still laughing after read what you wrote? How come you say that whaaa
0 Replies