Interesting characters on a2k

Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:00 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

I put a picture of Thomas Dunne, who was known to Abuzzards as himself, on one of my threads. Here it is again.
http://static.flickr.com/51/145361236_3259a58a6b.jpg

Thanks for that, Edgar.

He truly earned the sobriquet of "character" with all that fancy speech of his. His is missed!
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 06:01 pm
I'm one of those posters who makes mistakes in all four seasons of the year. Mr. Green 2 Cents Drunk Drunk Drunk
Frank Apisa

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:12 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I'm one of those posters who makes mistakes in all four seasons of the year. Mr. Green 2 Cents Drunk Drunk Drunk

Well, that comment wasn't one of them.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 31 Jul, 2014 07:14 pm
That ring himself is proudly displaying was a symbol of his devotion to Espoir, who was also an Abuzzer.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:26 am
@roger,
Quote:
Maybe somewhere where I might see what rain looks like.

As it happens, I know just the place.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:28 am
@roger,
Well, drats. I guess that precludes a trip to California.
blatham

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:38 am
@Lash,
Quote:
Well, drats. I guess that precludes a trip to California.

Georgeob mentioned the drought there as well. And the thing is, it would be a problem so easily resolved if only Rick Perry and his prayer crowd would put in a word for California because they got such damned fine results in Texas. Could you speak to him please. I do love California.
Lash

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:55 am
@blatham,
I stopped counting all the things wrong with that request. I do have a cheery relationship with a coven in Antioch. Maybe they'll get dressed up one night on rain's behalf.
edgarblythe

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 07:58 am
@blatham,
You may get what you wish for. It is said by some that Perry intends living in California after he leaves office.
blatham

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:11 am
@Lash,
Quote:
I do have a cheery relationship with a coven in Antioch

My kinda goil.

0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:13 am
@edgarblythe,
Quote:
It is said by some that Perry intends living in California after he leaves office.

Jesus. What a moral dilemma for Californians. "You're a horrid creature. Move here as quickly as possible"
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 08:28 am
@edgarblythe,
I think the demographic is morphing pretty rapidly. This morning, I'm in a neighborhood coastal coffeeshop, and *two* people between 6am and 7 told the coffeeshop owner they'd recently completed paperwork on homes away from the Bay Area because they felt stupid paying what it takes to maintain life here.

There are constant articles in SFGate and online about still-rising home/rental costs.

I can't help but see similarities between emerging issues in California and the issues enumerated in the seventh grade textbook related to the demise of Rome.

(nods, drags on cigar, arches eyebrow)
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:14 am
@Lash,
There's an article in this morning's San Jose Mercury News about housing costs in the Greater San Francisco Bay Area. Santa Clara County where we live had 1,791 million dollar homes sold last quarter, and 399 two millioin dollar homes sold during the same period. What makes these stats interesting is the fact that middle class income in the US have lost buying power since the Great Recession by some $3,300.

Median household income in Santa Clara County is $74,335, and Median family income is $81,717.

Lash

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:18 am
@cicerone imposter,
Just saw a very similar segment with content in your post on KRON.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:23 am
@roger,
roger wrote:
Maybe somewhere where I might see what rain looks like.

I'll bring the umbrellas.

Never leave home without one.

Unless they're calling for snow.

Really.
cicerone imposter

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:28 am
@ehBeth,
Will rain dance help?>
roger

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:37 am
@cicerone imposter,
We got Zuni for that. Ain't working this year.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:41 am
another good a2k character - jjorge. I haven't seen him post lately, miss him. Most but not all of his posts have been poetry, enjoyable/interesting poetry. Some of us met him in San Francisco, ten years ago now.
ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:42 am
@cicerone imposter,
We don't need help with rain here. It's rained every Tuesday and Wednesday (and a few other random afternoons) for 6 or 7 weeks. It's all good Smile Summer the way I like it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 1 Aug, 2014 10:43 am
@ossobuco,
jjorge is very active on FB - posts pretty much every day about his activities

terrific guy