For the Love of Dogs.

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:27 pm
@Linkat,
Linky, I remember when we took our foundling irish setter for obedience training in a local park: while my husband did the training/learning and I watched, there was, not all so far away, a schipperke going through his routines with his trainer person. I forget the exact routines now, but they amazed me - I could hardly believe my eyes.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:32 pm
@Germlat,
Yeah, re the time limits. My Pacco (corgi, present avatar) was on death's door when I called our humane society (northern california) about his photo in the paper. They said "hurry". Ugly photo that was - I'm sorry I don't somehow still have it, and so wrong. I treasure, treasure, treasure, all my dog photos.

Maybe since I didn't have pets as a child, I was very desiring of them as an adult.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 03:47 pm
@ehBeth,
I'm rereading the thread and this picture makes me tear again, which is a goofy response, but real.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 04:08 pm
@Germlat,
Germlat, I apologize for my followup posts from earlier posts - I was avoiding reading your news that I sort of knew by the thread popping up.. should have saved my responses on those until later.

I'm glad re that dream.

Rest now, Sam.

Another person who has loved a dog, here on a2k, is Vonny. She and I talked about missing our dogs, maybe on the boards, maybe in pm.

One bit that helps for me but may be just wrong for others -

Me, being me, sort of display person in my decor - paintings by me and others, and other treasures - I have hallway of good memory photos. It's a stupid low ceiling badly lit hallway in a stupidly built duplex (oh, wait, that is another rant) - and Pacco and Katy are on that wall.

I won't say I always look at that wall, also filled with myriad other stuff, on my way to answer the back room phone, the one with the answer machine, but I look at it a lot, usually fast but sometimes slowly, and there is a certain stability and pleasure from it.

Germlat

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you Osso...when it rains it pours. We've had two other awful things happen. I do really appreciate your kindness. Sorry I can't be more explicit. I'm trying to wrap my brain around the week's events.
Germlat

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 08:03 pm
@firefly,
It's a sweet thing to know others get how it feels like. Thank you!!
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2014 08:06 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I didn't know that, about boxers being the clowns of dogdom. What a wonderful trait.

I've never had a dog make me laugh before...it's true. He was still wagging his tail (actually his entire body) just a few days before we put him down. They are such joyful creatures. My Sam made me laugh daily.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 10:51 am
@ossobuco,
So sorry to hear about your doggie, but glad that you had the extra time with him.

Our schip is pampered so although trained with the basics he doesn't do any trained hurdles and such. They are very agile so he can be fun to watch when he starts running and stuff in his playful way
Germlat

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 01:21 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

So sorry to hear about your doggie, but glad that you had the extra time with him.

Our schip is pampered so although trained with the basics he doesn't do any trained hurdles and such. They are very agile so he can be fun to watch when he starts running and stuff in his playful way

What this for Osso or me? I think me? Anyway-- my Sam wasn't trained professionally either. He was playful, loving and joyful....that's a good dog to
me.
Linkat

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2014 03:11 pm
@Germlat,
for both - I am trying to be efficient - the first half you to provide warm thoughts.

The second to respond to osso.

I guess I am the opposite of efficient.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 05:58 pm
@Germlat,
I'm sorry I didn't see this in my days away from the board - at the fair with friends.

How are you doing? so hard to say goodbye to our dear furfriends.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 4 Sep, 2014 06:01 pm
@Germlat,
aww nuts - more bad things at the same time? no need at all to give details

just know that folks here have your back as much as virtual friends can
Germlat

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:03 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

for both - I am trying to be efficient - the first half you to provide warm thoughts.

The second to respond to osso.

I guess I am the opposite of efficient.

You're the equivalent of too cute...thanks anyway....
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:06 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

aww nuts - more bad things at the same time? no need at all to give details

just know that folks here have your back as much as virtual friends can
. Thanks..for your kindness. You only know the piece of the iceberg. That's as about as much as I can bear... When it rains it pours. That's life...tomorrow is a new day!!
firefly

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:43 pm
@Germlat,
Very sorry you are going through such a difficult time, Germlat. I hope things ease up for you soon.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:43 pm
@Germlat,
So sorry Germlat, missed this thread and I'm sorry for your loss but also glad that you got some quality time with Sam. Dogs are amazing creatures, un-conditional love, they know the love they receive, it's such a shame that they are not on this Earth long enough and no, no other pet replaces another.

We lost 4 over the last two years, Ruby would have been 10, we saved him from Cancer once, gave him another 18 months. Little Missy, was 17, bless her, Jet was a free Rabbit, laid back in my arms and let me put him to sleep, had a fir ball stuck and we tried to operate but it was too late, he decided not to tell us for 4 days, territorial and all and the other was our stray Cat, Bigsy that acted like a dog we adopted that would box with us, true story, he was run over we believe deliberately. We were blessed to be there on every occasion holding them till the end. Strangely, there are dates, September 11 coming up, for Ruby, NYE for Missy and Boxing Day for Jet.

We didn't replace any of them but we certainly gained another bubs before Ruby died and 3 days after Bigsy died, 6 months after the other two our hearts were breaking.

He's a little ****..............zu and very lovable and cute. Sometimes we see different traits from our passing darlings in him, just ever so slightly, like he boxes too but then we taught him, he gives the Ruby glare, nup, not doing it I'm a rebel and so on.

I guess they teach us un-conditional love and that is just a beautiful thing.

Best wishes to you Germlat... and Hugs
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:45 pm
@firefly,
firefly wrote:

Very sorry you are going through such a difficult time, Germlat. I hope things ease up for you soon.

Thanks...I'm trying to not be impulsive and simply get another Boxer...Weird...I'm usually not impulsive. Thanks for your kind reply..
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:46 pm
@ehBeth,
http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/CARMELAANDBOXING067.jpg

Our little Rawaii, we got a year ago Smile PS we cut his fur since then Smile
Germlat

Reply Mon 8 Sep, 2014 03:51 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/CARMELAANDBOXING067.jpg

Our little Rawaii, we got a year ago Smile PS we cut his fur since then Smile

What a cutie!! Looks like his great for cuddling...I miss that. Enjoy your sweet pup.
0 Replies