Americans in Iraq Attacked W Bomb Containing Nerve Gas (WMD)

Tarantulas

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:42 am
Heh heh...

Quote:
"It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred by the dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions and spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly; so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory or defeat."

THEODORE ROOSEVELT
(Paris Sorbonne,1910)
0 Replies

Fedral

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:45 am
Take it easy panzade,

The first time I spoke this aloud was to my cousins wife (whom I love dearly even though she IS a Canadian :wink: )

I used to point out the coins of Canada as proof that Canada is merely 'USA Lite' (All the advantages of the USA with one third less guilt) I showed her that Canadian coins were the exact same size of their American counterparts so it would be easy on the Canadians when the 'Assimilation' was complete. Laughing

Usually after one of these rants, she would end up throwing something at my head. (There was a direct correlation between HOW mad I had made her and the weight/sharpness of said object Shocked )

Keep in mind, I love Canadians. I used to spend a few weeks each summer with my Aunt and Uncle in Guelph Ontario. The area was beautiful, the streets were clean and the people were nice... too nice...

Knowing that, even at 14, I was sure I could kick the ass of every Canadian I had met. :wink:

Just so you Canadians understand ... we Americans love you Canadians a LOT more than you love us...

You see us as a giant clumsy roommate, crashing around the downstairs area of the house we live in and generally making a mess of things...

We see you as the slightly effeminate roommate that we have to keep from getting his ass kicked every time we hit the local bars. Laughing
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 10:47 am
Fedral wrote:
You see us as a giant clumsy roommate, crashing around the downstairs area of the house we live in and generally making a mess of things...

We see you as the slightly effeminate roommate that we have to keep from getting his ass kicked every time we hit the bar. Laughing

That is really good.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:24 pm
McGentrix- Mr. Blatham speaks about the US, in its foreign affairs, having made enemies.

As you have said: "Overhyped leftist BS"

Mr. Blatham apparently has never heard of the Marshall Plan. Was it to our benefit? Of course.

Did it help Europe recover and help keep parts of Europe out of the hands of the Soviet Union?

Of course.

I am very much afraid that Fedral is correct. The Canadian Guilt Syndrome is at work. In some cases, parts of the syndrome may be involved with a full blown case of inferiority feelings.

When I hear blustering coming from Non-Americans, I am sometimes reminded of the football fan who screams to the quarterback-
"You dope, you missed the receiver"

The football fan( here read Canadian) couldn't throw a pass to save his life and would probably be smashed by some giant linemen.

But of course, the loudmouths in the stands are always there. We call them "Monday Morning Quarterbacks."
0 Replies

Tarantulas

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:38 am
Iraq's WMDs Find UsLink
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:26 am
McGentrix wrote:
so that's why we have all those congressional committees and hearings? Because "Americans will NOT face up to the negative consequences for others of American mistakes and policies"?

That is so much over-hyped leftist BS.

I'd like to see any country outside the G-8 step up as much as the US has. Hell, I'd like to see some of the countries in the G-8 step up!

Those hearings are internally directed. They are very laudable, and I wish they were even more merciless in exacting details, but they address only whether America is acting consistent to it's own principles and codes.

Take the 9-11 commission. First, let's acknowledge that the administration didn't want it, and acted so as to obstruct it. Second, the scope of it is limited to 'how did we mess up such that the attack happened?'.

The question of 'why do they hate us' or 'what role have we played in our foreign policy which might have concentrated such animosity towards us?'...such questions gets NO public airing in this or any other commission. It's certainly discussed elsewhere, in the State Department, in political journals, etc...but not in public commissions.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:45 am
kickycan wrote:
Fedral wrote:

We see you as the slightly effeminate roommate that we have to keep from getting his ass kicked every time we hit the bar. Laughing

That is really good.

There's some really deep sex/gender issues involved with America's self-identity. From making Iraqi prisoners wear women's underwear to calling those who criticize the war "effeminate", ISSUES just scream at you ... :wink:
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:50 am
we won't even talk about the gun thing
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:51 am
Do not confuse America's self -identity with what some Americans do and I won't confuse everyone in the Netherlands as working in the Red light district doing drugs.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:53 am
Tarantulas wrote:
kickycan wrote:
I can't believe there are still some people who think this war was justified. Rolling Eyes

Actually the vast majority of Iraqis think the war was justified, if you can believe the polls.

"Vast majority"? Really? In what poll?

Even back in March (scroll up that thread for more details on the poll), only a plurality of mere 48% of Iraqis thought the US-led invasion of Iraq was "absolutely" or "somewhat" right.

And that was before the prison abuse scandal, before "Falluja", before ... etc.

Sorry but you hit my BS detector there.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 09:56 am
McGentrix wrote:
Do not confuse America's self -identity with what some Americans do and I won't confuse everyone in the Netherlands as working in the Red light district doing drugs.

Hey don't dis my lifestyle ... it earns a lot of money and I write my best posts when I'm high ...

:wink:
0 Replies