Israel's Reality

Romeo Fabulini

Fri 8 Aug, 2014 08:02 pm
@mysteryman,
Yes plenty of commanders have said it in one form or another, for example-

"You've got to have more than guts to lick the enemy. You must also have brains. ...We licked the Germans in Africa and Sicily because we had brains as well as guts. We're going to lick them in Europe for the same reason." - Gen George Patton

PS- speaking of wargames, I'm hopeless at chess, can't stand it, much too complicated for me..Smile
0 Replies

BillRM

Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Only the Jews would not just go in and killed as many people as needed to end the threat of those rockets to their nation and their people see below.

Quote:
From an article on www.jewishpress.com -iron-dome-hamass-best-friend /2012/11/19/

Back in mid-June, during the great Paris weapons show, the Rafael pavilion was absolutely the busiest around, and everybody wanted to look at the new, exciting, Iron Dome system, the greatest achievement in rocket defense ever. But by the end of the show, Rafael had made a single sale. The Arrow sold well, other systems did great “ Iron Dome wasn't moving. So they contacted their big clients, the serious ones, and asked what gives. And those clients told them no one except Israel has any use for these things. Because in any normal, sane country, if some hooligans were to start targeting civilians with rockets the army would go and kill them.
Romeo Fabulini

Fri 8 Aug, 2014 09:47 pm
@BillRM,
Problem is, Hamas are mixed in with the civilian population, so it's almost impossible to root them out by invasion or anything else, so I can't figger why Israel are blowing up houses and stuff
buttflake

Fri 8 Aug, 2014 10:00 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Problem is, Hamas are mixed in with the civilian population, so it's almost impossible to root them out by invasion or anything else, so I can't figger why Israel are blowing up houses and stuff

Imagine how Europe is going to handle it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 05:32 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:

To knock out the launchers and to killed the launch crews my silly friend.

Next somehow I would think that there are at lease by now some of the Palestinians that would cheerfully point out to Israel Hamas members hiding in the population.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 07:03 am
Quote:
Romeo said: Problem is, Hamas are mixed in with the civilian population, so it's almost impossible to root them out by invasion or anything else, so I can't figger why Israel are blowing up houses and stuff
BillRM said: To knock out the launchers and to killed the launch crews my silly friend.
Next somehow I would think that there are at lease by now some of the Palestinians that would cheerfully point out to Israel Hamas members hiding in the population.

I don't think your monitor screen's working properly mate, you seem to have missed my earlier post about there being NO launchers or launch crews that Israel can pinpoint.
As for civilians snitching on Hamas, that might happen in isolated cases, but Israel would need PROOF, which might be hard to get
gungasnake

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:03 am
@BillRM,
Quote:
Only the Jews would not just go in and killed as many people as needed to end the threat of those rockets to their nation and their people see below.

Quote:
From an article on www.jewishpress.com -iron-dome-hamass-best-friend /2012/11/19/

Back in mid-June, during the great Paris weapons show, the Rafael pavilion was absolutely the busiest around, and everybody wanted to look at the new, exciting, Iron Dome system, the greatest achievement in rocket defense ever. But by the end of the show, Rafael had made a single sale. The Arrow sold well, other systems did great “ Iron Dome wasn't moving. So they contacted their big clients, the serious ones, and asked what gives. And those clients told them no one except Israel has any use for these things. Because in any normal, sane country, if some hooligans were to start targeting civilians with rockets the army would go and kill them.

If Israelis were to start to think the way palisavages think.... One thing you might see would be taking the ordinary tank rifles off about 40 of those Merkavas and fitting them with 8" or 10" recoilless rifles with high explosive AP shells loaded up with ball bearings and roofing nails.....
0 Replies

gungasnake

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 08:27 am
Israel to European governments: Protect your Jewish citizens, or WE will protect them.....

http://www.jewsnews.co.il/2014/08/01/israel-warns-europe-that-israel-will-protect-jews-living-overseas-if-governments-fail-to-protect-them/

Quote:

The Danish, Swedish and Dutch ambassadors to Israel, as well as officials from the embassies of Britain, Belgium, Italy, Hungary, Austria and Germany, took part in an urgent meeting with the Knesset Immigration, Absorption and Diaspora Affairs Committee on the situation of Jewish communities in Europe.
MK Yisrael Hasson of Kadima, a former deputy director of the Shin Bet internal security service, told the ambassadors: “NATO bombed 5,000 civilians in Kosovo, just because it was insulted, and 27,000 Iraqi civilians were bombed during the U.S. invasion because they posed a danger to the U.S. There is not a country in the world that can talk to us about morality.”
Hasson told the foreign envoys that “if the European countries fail to protect the Jews within their territory, the State of Israel will. Jewish blood is not cheap blood.”
He further warned that “if you do not stand by our side, the day when Islamic terror will reach your homes, your beds and your kindergartens will come soon.”
MK Shimon Ohayon of Yisrael Beitenu, addressed the pro-Palestinian protests across Europe, and said that Israel is fighting “the war of the free and enlightened world against the darkness of Islam.”
According to him, had the world truly been concerned about the violence, “we would have seen protests all over Europe against the terrible acts being committed in Syria, where 200,000 people have been raped and butchered.”.........
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 09:24 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
but Israel would need PROOF, which might be hard to get

Proof???????

Sorry but no nation need to offer the protections of courts to terrorists operating on a battlefield.

When the US put a hell fired missile up the ass of American citizen Anwar al-Awlaki no courts or legal proof was needed.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 10:23 am
@BillRM,
Look at it another way mate, suppose somebody who didn't like you told the cops that you were an armed criminal, they wouldn't come kicking your door down on only the snitches word, they'd politely knock your door first and ask you some general questions.
Same in Gaza, the Israelis wouldn't waste a million-dollar smart bomb or missile on somebody's house without some kind of proof that he really is a terrorist..Smile
BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:23 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
There proof as in a court of law and proof as on a battleground and they are not one and the same thing and I would assume that the informers for example would be check out one way or another such as by lie detector testing.

This is hardly a new problem in history and means have been found to deal with it.
0 Replies

BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:29 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Israelis wouldn't waste a million-dollar smart bomb or missile on somebody's house

Oh, side note all those intercepts missiles alone cost well over a hundred thousand each not to mention the billion dollars system they are a part of.

Wiping out one launch crew could indeed be worth a million dollar weapon not that smart bombs are all that costly.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 12:45 pm
Quote:
BillRM said: Wiping out one launch crew could indeed be worth a million dollar weapon not that smart bombs are all that costly.

Hamas have got more sense than to hang about and get zapped after firing the rockets, the whole launch procedure takes less than a minute-
1- Run into somebody's back yard with a rocket and lightweight launch frame
2- point it at Israel and launch it.
3- run out of the yard and leg it down the street with the frame
BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 01:17 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Quote:
Hamas have got more sense than to hang about and get zapped after firing the rockets, the whole launch procedure takes less than a minute-

An how long do you think it take a jet pilot flying over the Gaza strip to take note of a launch and placed a five hundred pound bomb up their ass?

By a news story I read they even used such a bomb on two jokers trying to get away on a motorbike.
Romeo Fabulini

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 02:23 pm
@BillRM,
If Israel can spot the rocketmen in time they can zap them, but usually Hamas fire the rockets from some innocent householders back yard and then quickly run out and blend back into the civilians population before Israel can respond.
So bombing an innocent back yard would be pointless because the rockets have already been fired and the firers have run away
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:16 pm
Israel deliberately attacking medical workers in Gaza, Amnesty says
Submitted by Charlotte Silver on Sat, 08/09/2014 - 13:45

http://electronicintifada.net/sites/electronicintifada.net/files/styles/large/public/080814_ash_00_27.jpg?itok=n4ES37CT

Palestinian medics bring an injured man to Gaza City’s al-Shifa hospital on 8 August. At least six ambulance workers have been killed since Israel’s assault began a month ago. (Ashraf Amra / APA images)

“We were on our way back to Nasser hospital, driving with the lights and sirens on as always. The ambulance was clearly marked as such. The doctor, nurse and I were all wearing medical uniforms. When we reached the Islamic University I heard an explosion right next to us and the front and back windows of the car fell out,” Gaza ambulance driver Mohammad Abu Jumiza, told Amnesty International about a terrifying 24 July chase between him and Israeli artillery as he was transferring injured people in Khan Younis to the hospital.

“As I was turning another missile hit next to us, and then a third one. When the fourth missile hit, I lost control and we crashed, so we ran out of the car and found shelter in a building. Then there were two more missiles fired and some people were injured.”

His case is not unique. The firing on and striking of clearly marked ambulance vehicles with flashing lights and medical workers wearing fluorescent vests while tending to the injured has been documented repeatedly throughout Israel’s offensive on Gaza.

After collecting and releasing harrowing testimonies by Palestinian medical workers, Amnesty International has accused the Israeli military of deliberately attacking medical workers and hospitals in Gaza.

Since the military offensive in Gaza began a month ago, Israeli fire has killed at least six ambulance workers and 13 aid workers while they were attempting to rescue injured people or retrieve the dead, according to the Palestinian Ministry of Health.

In addition to those killed, 49 doctors, nurses and paramedics and 33 aid workers have been injured while carrying out their duties. Israel has directly struck major hospitals throughout the Gaza Strip, and forced five hospitals and 34 medical clinics to shut down due to either extensive damage to their facilities or increasing hostilities in the vicinity.

Amnesty International does not confirm or deny Israeli claims that Palestinian rockets were fired from medical facilities, but emphasizes that regardless, the protected civilian status of hospitals, ambulances and medical facilities must be presumed, in accordance with international humanitarian law.

Israel has failed to substantiate its own claims, which have not been independently verified.
Ambulance crew ambushed

At least two workers from the Palestinian Red Crescent Society have been killed; 35 injured; and 17 PRCS health vehicles put out of service due to attacks by Israel.

Mohammad al-Abadlah, 32, was fired on by Israeli soldiers while attempting to enter the southern Gaza town of al-Qaraqa after having coordinated with the Israeli army through the Red Cross.

Hassan al-Attal, 40, a colleague who was with al-Abadlah at the time, provides a disturbing testimony to Amnesty that suggests Israeli soldiers knew exactly what they were doing when they opened fire on the medical workers.

The two men went to retrieve the injured man in al-Qaraqa at 10pm on 25 July but were unable to enter the village due to blockades on all entrances. As a rule, PRCS always communicates its whereabouts and activities with the Israeli army via the Red Cross. Al-Attal said that while the two men searched for an entry into the village the Israeli army directed them via the Red Cross to enter by foot.

“We got out, we crossed about 10-12 metres and suddenly we were being fired at directly. My colleague screamed and said ‘I’ve been shot.’ The shooting continued everywhere, so I could not pull him away or else I too would have got shot and fallen beside him – so I ran and sat in the ambulance,” al-Attal told Amnesty.

Mohammad Ghazi al-Hessy, head of the PRCS’s center in Khan Younis, told Amnesty International that the Red Cross had originally received a request from the Israeli army to evacuate the injured person. But merely fifteen minutes after dispatching a PRCS team, they came under Israeli fire.

Once al-Abadlah was struck, al-Hessy mobilized another team of around six workers to rescue al-Abadlah. They managed to get him on a stretcher, but, “suddenly we were surrounded by very heavy gunfire from the soldiers in the area,” he told Amnesty.

“They were direct shots aimed over our heads, under our feet, so we had to evacuate the area. During that time, Mohammad was bleeding very heavily, he was still alive at that point – his white uniform was completely red. Because of the gunfire we were unable to put him on the stretcher.”

Two more PRCS workers eventually returned collect al-Abadlah: “We drove him to Nasser Hospital. He was still alive and breathing. We worked on him at Nasser Hospital, but he died in the intensive care unit.”

“He was killed despite assurances we received from the Red Cross that the area was safe for us to work in,” Dr. Bashar Murad, head of PRCS’s emergency and ambulance unit, told Amnesty International. “Our entrance to the area was checked twice with the army through the Red Cross. His colleagues would also have been killed if they had not found shelter in a house nearby. There was shooting at them. The Red Cross needs to call for accountability in this case.”
Burned to death when ambulance shelled

A’ed Al-Bor’i, 28, a volunteer with the PRCS ambulance service, was killed on 25 July while riding in an ambulance with an injured person. The ambulance was shelled and al-Bor’i was burned to death.

This is also not the first time Israel has targeted medical workers in violation of international law. Amnesty reminds readers that the Israeli army attacked health workers during its offensive in 2008-2009 and 2012.

The Fourth Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War of 12 August 1949 (Fourth Geneva Convention) obliges states to respect and protect the wounded, to allow the removal from besieged areas of the wounded or sick, and the access of medical personnel to such areas. The deliberate obstruction of medical personnel to prevent the wounded receiving medical attention may constitute “wilfully causing great suffering or serious injury to body or health,” a grave breach of the Fourth Geneva Convention, and a war crime.

In addition to the direct attacks on medical workers and facilities, the Israeli offensive has prevented ambulances from reaching areas in dire need and pushed the entirety of Gaza’s medical facilities to the brink of collapse. Amnesty reports that hospitals are operating with debilitating shortages in drugs, medicine and water and under threat of power outages due to inadequate supply of fuel.
Calling for an arms and fuel embargo

On 4 August, Amnesty International called on the US government to immediately stop its transfer of fuel to Israel to be used for the Israeli military. On 11 July, Amnesty had called on the United Nations to impose a comprehensive arms embargo on Israel and all Palestinians armed groups.

In its recent appeal to halt the transfer of fuel for military purposes, Amnesty International reported that the most recent delivery of jet fuel took place on 14 July, soon after the bombardment of Gaza began, by the US Defense Logistics Agency Energy.

Since January 2013, the US government has supplied the Israeli military with a total of 277,000 tons of jet fuel.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:19 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Great photo, Romeo. I've been looking for one of these. Hobby shop rockets.
BillRM

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:38 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
Quote:
Great photo, Romeo. I've been looking for one of these. Hobby shop rockets.

Rockets that some versions that can go hundred of miles and carry a few hundred pound warheads are hobby shop rockets!!!!!!!!!

Even the smaller versions starting with fifty pounds warheads with a ranges of tens of miles are hobby shop rockets!!!!!!!!

How dishonest do you feel you need to be to try to find reasons to denial Israel the right of self defense??????

To sum up hobby shop rockets can not place a warhead of fifty to hundreds of pounds of explosives anywhere from tens of miles to hundreds of miles.
bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:47 pm
@BillRM,
If you think those rockets have a payload of 150# or the power to deliver 150# you are mistaken. Those rockets don't weigh 15#.

If Hamas was firing thousands of 150# payloads all over Israel do you really think Israeli casualties wouldbe so low? Really????
bobsal u1553115

Sat 9 Aug, 2014 04:51 pm
Jewish volunteers for racial supremacy in Palestine
Joseph Massad
The Electronic Intifada
4 August 2014
140804-israel-army.jpg

Thousands of young Jewish fighters from Europe and its colonial extensions have volunteered themselves for Israel’s colonial army.

http://electronicintifada.net/sites/electronicintifada.net/files/styles/large/public/140804-israel-army.jpg?itok=biB6zF6a

(Yotam Ronen / ActiveStills)

The European Christian fight for anti-Semitism was always a fight to grant Christians superior rights to Jews and to institutionalize that superiority as racial and religious supremacy.

In response, the European Jewish fight against anti-Semitism was and remains a fight against the reduction of the rights of Jews (if not their elimination altogether in the case of the Nazis), against the project to render European Jews an inferior species of citizens, and against white European Christian supremacy.

This has been a historical fight that multitudes of non-Jews have joined on both sides. However, ultimately it was European Jewish fighters against anti-Semitism and their gentile allies who won this key battle against inequality, oppression, racial and religious discrimination and genocide.

The European Jewish and Protestant fight (the latter preceded the former by three centuries) for Zionism, in contrast, has been and remains a fight to grant European Jews more rights than non-Jews (and non-European Jews) on a religious, ethnic and racial basis.

This superiority would be granted especially vis-à-vis Palestinian citizens of the Jewish settler-colony (if not eliminating their rights altogether as many Zionist Jews call for), as well as eliminating the rights of the Palestinians in the territories Israel occupied and colonized since 1967 and those it expelled and exiled since 1948 outside the borders of their homeland.

Multitudes of Jews and non-Jews have also joined this historical fight for racism, discrimination and colonialism. The Palestinians and their Jewish and non-Jewish allies refuse to give up and continue to resist Zionism’s insistence that European (and other) Jews must have superior and supremacist colonial, racial and religious rights in Palestine.

The Jewish fight for Zionism (which has never included and still does not include all Jews) is the exact opposite of the Jewish fight against anti-Semitism (which also never included all Jews); the former is a fight for European Jewish supremacy while the latter is against European Aryan and Christian supremacy.

This in a nutshell exposes the outright Zionist lie that claims that the struggle against anti-Semitism and the struggle for Zionism are one and the same.
Recruiting Jews to kill Palestinians

This is important to consider when we examine the international Zionist Jewish brigades that have volunteered to join the Israeli colonial army with much eagerness to kill Arabs and Palestinians. This has been a successful project in light of the mobilizational Zionist and Israeli Jewish propaganda in the last seven decades among the Jewish communities of the United States, France, the United Kingdom, Canada, Russia and Argentina, to name the most prominent Jewish communities outside Israel.

This propaganda campaign aimed at transforming members of these communities from fighters against white Christian supremacy into fighters for European Jewish racial and colonial supremacy.

The dissemination of racist Israeli Jewish culture internationally goes hand-in-hand with Zionism’s pan-Jewishism, whereby, just as anti-Semitism speaks against all Jews, Zionism claims to speak for all of them — and reassures Jews that Israel is their country and that they should move to colonize it, failing which it would function as a spare country awaiting their arrival on a need to colonize basis.

That the major North American and European organizations that claim to speak for Jews have endorsed Israel’s right to speak for them and have been the major conduits for the hateful racist Israeli Jewish propaganda against the Palestinian people makes them fully complicit in the ongoing slaughter and oppression of the Palestinians. This is especially so given that they openly support anti-Palestinian Israeli colonial policies and urge their respective governments and media to do the same. (We must keep in mind these organizations and their wealthy leaders are not elected by members of the Jewish communities but appoint themselves as their representatives and speak for them in these organizations’ newspapers, which constitute what is referred to as the “Jewish” press.)

This is not to say that members of the Jewish communities are not pro-Israel and fervently anti-Palestinian, which they are in their majority, but it is to say that polls have shown them to be less murderous and hateful than the organizations claiming to represent them.
140804-israel-chicago.jpg

http://electronicintifada.net/sites/electronicintifada.net/files/styles/large/public/140804-israel-chicago.jpg?itok=Ol1iPn5B

Organized Jewish communities are generally pro-Israel and fervently anti-Palestinian.
(Tess Scheflan / ActiveStills)

Thus, Israel has created a hegemonic racist Jewish culture that does not only dominate Israeli Jewish communities but also Jewish communities in Europe and its settler colonial extensions (in the Americas, in Australia and in South Africa). This, however, was never sufficiently successful to produce millions of Jewish volunteers for Israel’s colonial cause (no matter how much European and American Jews support Zionism and Israel, few would want to fight or die for it). But it did create the conditions for thousands of young Jewish (mostly male) fighters for European racial supremacy to join the Israeli colonial army seeking to prove the superiority of European Jewishness (and a concomitant European Jewish manliness) by slaughtering Palestinians.

The Israeli colonial army advertises several programs to accommodate international Jewish volunteers for the oppression of the Palestinians. It provides them with the option to serve in the Israeli army in “full combat and support roles,” namely in its “Mahal” program, to fulfill their commitment to the Zionist cause of European Jewish supremacy without necessarily having to become Israeli citizens.

There is also the smaller “Marva” program in which young teenage Jewish recruits for Zionist Jewish supremacy can participate “in this immersive army program, serving alongside fellows from countries around the world.”

Israel’s killing machine proudly declares that “over 300 Jewish teens from all around the world volunteer to serve” in the Israeli colonial army annually as part of the four thousand “Jewish and non-Jewish” volunteers who “fly to Israel and volunteer in the IDF [Israeli military] for several weeks.” These may not be impressive numbers, but there are more.

One of the programs engineered to recruit Jewish youth for racial and religious supremacy is the “Garin Tzabar” project. Garin Tzabar means “cactus seed,” or “Sabra seed,” in reference to Palestine-born Israeli Jews, hence the importance of this program as a reproductive and masculinist project aimed at populating the Jewish settler-colony with more Zionist Jews committed to the superiority of European (and other) Jews over Palestinians.

Garin Tzabar, according to the Israeli colonial army, has “already helped over 1,500 teens from all around the world join the IDF and approximately 70 percent of the immigrants have stayed in Israel after their service.”

Garin Tzabar is not the only volunteer program. There are others like the “Sar-El” program, which claims that it has brought between 1983 and 2011 “more than a hundred thousand volunteers to Israel … 
Staying in Israel for several weeks, the participants share a true IDF experience on IDF bases” (Israel refers to these European and American volunteers for Jewish racial supremacy as “lone soldiers”).

The Israeli military claimed that in 2012, “5,500 lone soldiers” were serving in its colonial forces whereas today it claims to have 4,600 volunteers, one-third of whom are Americans.

In the ongoing barbaric slaughter of Gaza Palestinians, two of the Palestinian baby-killing Jewish soldiers (as I’ve written previously, targeting and killing Palestinian children is an old Zionist tradition) who were killed by the Palestinian resistance were American Jewish volunteers for Jewish racial and colonial supremacy.

They quickly became heroes for the American press, “Jewish” and “gentile” alike. Indeed an article appeared in The Washington Post to show how these baby-killers are different from Muslim foreign fighters who volunteered to overthrow the Afghani communist government and more recently several Arab governments (“‘Foreign Fighters’ for Israel,” David Malet, 22 July 2014). Few, however, mention the White European and American Christian mercenary foreign fighters who have served tyrannies around the word since the Second World War.
Colonial recruitment

These Israeli volunteer programs build on the legacy of the four thousand Jewish volunteers who came to fight the Zionist colonial war of 1948 that captured Palestine and expelled its population and established the European Jewish-supremacist settler-colony. Known as Mahal, the main volunteer program included American Jews as prominent and important members assisting in Israel’s colonial conquest.

They included Mickey Marcus, an American Jewish US Army colonel who became Israel’s first brigadier general. Marcus’ Second World War experience was instrumental in breaking the 1948 “siege of Jerusalem.”

Other important Jewish volunteers included the Canadian officer Ben Dunkelman and US pilot Milton Rubenfeld, as well as British Jewish Major Wellesley Aron who helped in the recruitment of American Jews for Zionism’s colonial war. European and American Christian Zionist mercenaries also helped, especially in the Zionist air force. These colonial volunteers fighting for racism, especially from the UK, constituted almost two-thirds of the settler-colony’s air force during the 1948 war.

David Ben-Gurion, the Jewish settler-colony’s first prime minister, was so thankful to them that he stated that “the Mahal [volunteer] Forces were the Diaspora’s most important contribution to the survival of the State of Israel.” Indeed they were: 123 of them died in that colonial war.
Jews in the struggle against Israeli racism

But unlike Jews inside Israel, Jewish communities in Europe, North and South America, and even in Australia, live in cultures that are not fully controlled by Zionist propaganda and therefore are not fully under the sway of the racist culture that Israel seeks to impose on them. It is this that explains how an increasing number of prominent members in the Jewish communities of the US and the UK, among intellectuals and academics, are in the forefront of the struggle against Israeli Jewish racism and colonialism (in contrast with apartheid South Africa which had a substantial number of white anti-racist activists and intellectuals, only a few Israeli Jewish intellectuals have been able over the decades to escape Israeli racist brainwashing — a feat unto itself).

Today many American Jewish luminaries in academe oppose Israeli policies unreservedly. Whereas once Noam Chomsky was a lone Jewish academic voice critical of Israel, he is today joined by scores of Jewish academics and intellectuals in opposing Israeli policies (of course these Jewish academics along with anti-Zionist gentile academics remain a minority and are outflanked by the much larger Jewish and gentile academics who are militant enemies of Palestinians, Arabs and Muslims).
140804-jewish-voice-peace.jpg

http://electronicintifada.net/sites/electronicintifada.net/files/styles/large/public/140804-jewish-voice-peace.jpg?itok=TM10_cYa

The fight for Palestinian rights and liberation is the latest phase of the historic fight against anti-Semitism.
(Tess Scheflan / ActiveStills)

Some, like the prominent American Jewish philosopher Judith Butler, have surpassed Chomsky in their opposition to Zionist and Israeli racism and colonialism, and are vocal supporters of the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement and call for a one-state solution, both of which Chomsky does not support. In fact, a few Palestinian-American academics have also opposed both of these important positions or remained “neutral” on them (some used the rhetorical strategy, of “on the one hand this and on the other hand that”). Though in the last year some, fearing being left outside the leftist mainstream which has adopted these positions, have decided to show a belated “courage” in adopting these positions more than a decade after everyone else has.

And this is not limited to Jewish intellectuals but extends also to Jewish activists, especially groups like Jewish Voice for Peace (which, among many of its anti-racist activities, played an important role in helping Palestinians and others persuade the Presbyterian Church USA to divest from companies profiting from the Israeli occupation), and the countless Jewish students joining, and in a good number of cases, leading groups like Students for Justice in Palestine based on their commitment to fight racism and colonialism, values that are the diametrical opposite of Zionist colonial racism and fascist tribalism.

It is these Jewish fighters against Zionism and Israeli colonialism and racism that are continuing the Jewish fight against anti-Semitism but who remain unsung heroes in the American “Jewish” and “gentile” press that prefers to celebrate baby-killing Zionist Jewish volunteers for Israeli Jewish supremacy instead.

These Jewish fighters against racism have joined the Palestinian people and their international allies (Jewish and gentile alike) in fighting this ongoing historical battle against the forces of racial supremacy and colonial conquest. They understand well, as the Palestinian national movement has always understood, that the fight for Palestinian rights and liberation from the Jewish settler-colony is the latest phase of the historic fight against anti-Semitism and that the fight for Zionism is part of the war for European racial supremacy and colonialism.

The carnage that Israeli Jewish soldiers and international Zionist Jewish brigades of baby-killers are committing in Gaza (and the West Bank, including East Jerusalem, let alone against Palestinian citizens of Israel) is but the starkest reminder of this unshakeable conviction.

Joseph Massad is professor of modern Arab politics and intellectual history at Columbia University. He is author of the forthcoming Islam in Liberalism.
0 Replies