Israel's Shame

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:11 pm
@BillRM,
And? What can 'you' do about how the majority of fair-minded people who rethink the history of Jews against what they are now doing to the Palestinian people?

I would opine, absolutely nothing! Are you the judge on the issues of humanity and fairness? I believe not.

People like you probably exacerbates such thoughts.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:17 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Voluble Finn is at a loss for words. I wonder why.
0 Replies

InfraBlue

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:19 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

cicerone imposter wrote:

All 'you people' have done is call us antisemites and Jew-haters, directed at the very people who disagree with Israel's policy of apartheid and discrimination.

"We people" are not at all unanimous in our regard for "you people."

I don't think izzy or JTT are anti-Semites. I'm not sure about infrablue, but at least his comments leave me uncertain. You on the other hand...

Which are these comments of mine that leave you uncertian?
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:21 pm
@JTT,
William Blum

Blum is a former underground journalist who specializes in sharp critiques of foreign policy. Published by a small outfit in Maine, he also sells his books over the Internet and issues a free monthly e-mail newsletter called the Anti-Empire Report.

(You a subscriber J?)

Of whose book "Rogue State," Osama bin Laden said in 2006:

Quote:
"And if Bush decides to carry on with his lies and oppression, then it would be useful for you to read the book 'Rogue State,' which states in its introduction: 'If I were president, I would stop the attacks on the United States: First, I would give an apology to all the widows and orphans and those who were tortured. Then I would announce that American interference in the nations of the world has ended once and for all.' "

In response, Blum commented:

Quote:
This is almost as good as being an Oprah book. I'm glad. I was not turned off by such an endorsement. I'm not repulsed, and I'm not going to pretend I am. If he shares with me a deep dislike for certain aspects of US foreign policy, then I'm not going to spurn any endorsement of the book by him. I think it's good that he shares those views and I'm not turned off by that."

(This guy has a way with words, doesn't he?)

Quote:
In a chapter called "Why Do Terrorists Keep Picking on the United States?" Blum lists as possible reasons everything from support of Middle East dictators, including the Shah of Iran and Saudi rulers, to occupying military bases in the region, to favoring the Israelis over the Palestinians.

"I think bin Laden shares that view, and that is why I'm not repulsed by his embrace of my book, because that is one of my major themes," Blum said.

Blum is either desperate for readers or is fine, despite feeble protestations to the contrary, with terrorists who "keep picking on the United States."

Back in 2006, Blum's publisher Common Courage Press either could not or would not provide the Washington Post with sales figures for the book. Blum asserted that this and another of his books sold a total of 100,000 copies, with an additional 50,000 in foreign language versions. The Arabic translation (which is undoubtedly what bin-Laden read) is very popular.

Noam Chomsky and Oliver Stone are fans of the book, as was the late Gore Vidal.

His admirers like to describe Blum as a former State Department officer or official obviously to suggest that he had an inside view of the secret dealings of the US government, when in reality he held a low-level computer related position in the late 60's.

His book currently ranks 67,586 in Amazon sales.

It did get a temporary boost in sales after the bin-Laden endorsement, but so did

Rogue Nation: American Unilateralism And The Failure Of Good Intentions by Clyde V. Prestowitz

Apparently any book that had a title like Rogue State got a boost after the Osama Club announcement.

Here's a couple of gems from Blum:

Quote:
We can say that the United States runs the world like the Taliban ran Afghanistan. Cuba is dealt with like a woman caught outside not wearing her burkha. Horrific sanctions are imposed on Iraq in the manner of banning music, dancing, and kite-flying in Kabul. Jean-Bertrand Aristide is banished from Haiti like the religious police whipping a man whose beard is not the right length.

Introduction to Freeing the World to Death

Quote:
If I were the president, I could stop terrorist attacks against the United States in a few days. Permanently. I would first apologize -- very publicly and very sincerely -- to all the widows and the orphans, the impoverished and the tortured, and all the many millions of other victims of American imperialism. I would then announce that America's global interventions -- including the awful bombings -- have come to an end. And I would inform Israel that it is no longer the 51st state of the union but – oddly enough – a foreign country. I would then reduce the military budget by at least 90% and use the savings to pay reparations to the victims and repair the damage from the many American bombings and invasions. There would be more than enough money. Do you know what one year of the US military budget is equal to? One year. It's equal to more than $20,000 per hour for every hour since Jesus Christ was born. That's what I'd do on my first three days in the White House. On the fourth day, I'd be assassinated.

"War against terrorism or expansion of the American Empire?"

(Hey, maybe President Obama read his book!)

Note too that this quote didn't even come from the book bin-Laden endorsed. I wonder if Osama actually read it.

Blum has said that his mission in life is:

Quote:
If not ending, at least slowing down the American Empire. At least injuring the beast. It's causing so much suffering around the world."

Sound like anyone we know?

Oh, and he doesn't use yellow background for his webpages, he uses teal.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:34 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:

I know; that's the reason why I wrote that the general outrage about the holocaust would soon be rethought as something not that bad.

That's the holocaust I thought you were referring to previously.

So eventually people will lose their sense of horror and outrage over the fact that the Nazis tried to systematically destroy an entire people, and in the process killed six million of them, because of the way the Israeli treat Palestinians?

And there's little doubt that you'll be out in front cheering them on CI. Hell, how do we know it really happened the way those Jews are always telling us it did? Look at the Zionist Jews! They're more like Nazis than the SS!

Did you join the mailing list for the Institute for Historical Review yet? If not, check this out http://www.ihr.org/. I'm sure you'll love it. They even have a Store, and while it's not selling t-shirts yet, I'm sure they're just around the corner, so keep checking in regularly.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:42 pm
@cicerone imposter,
cicerone imposter wrote:
Soon, people will wonder why we were all so disgusted with the holocaust.

So, are you saying that prejudice and bigotry are justifiable under the "right" circumstances? That line of reasoning could be applied to other groups of people besides Jews. (And, no, I'm not a Zionist. I simply see a completely hopeless situation in the Middle East that can only end in tragedy of one sort or another.)

Ironically, there never would have been an Israel without the Holocaust.
wmwcjr

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:44 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
This coming from a man (cicerone imposter) whose family during WW2 had experience with detention camps in the U.S.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:54 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:

This coming from a man (cicerone imposter) whose family during WW2 had experience with detention camps in the U.S.

I know, but there's no logic to bigotry.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:56 pm
@wmwcjr,
You wrote,
Quote:
So, are you saying that prejudice and bigotry are justifiable under the "right" circumstances?

How in the world did you arrive at such a conclusion from any of my posts?

I'm talking about peoples perception and how it may change dependent upon how one views history.

As for the concentration camps in the US, there are still many who believes that was the right decision for our country. Those are 'opinions' without much knowledge about history or our Constitution.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:56 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Shall we revisit the war crimes of Imperial Japan during WW2 for cicerone imposter's benefit and ask him if that was a justification for the detention camps in the U.S.? (Of course, it was no justification.)
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 03:58 pm
@wmwcjr,
Ask all you want. I'm a third generation American. What makes you think I have anything to do with Japan's crimes against humanity? I'm probably more aware of their crimes than the majority of other ethnic Americans.

What are you trying to say?
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:04 pm
Cicerone imposter deserves to be hounded by JTT for the rest of his days. Cool I will continue to laugh as it happens. Laughing

Sic 'em, JTT! Twisted Evil

Mr. Green
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:06 pm
@wmwcjr,
Laugh all you want; I have him on Ignore, and you are too! LOL
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:18 pm
@cicerone imposter,
CI I don't know why you waste your time arguing with idiots like these.
0 Replies

wmwcjr

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:22 pm
Considering that many of his relatives perished in the Holocaust, I wonder how bobsal u1553115 would react to CI's comments.

Have a good day, edgar. I didn't know any of this was your concern.
oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:40 pm
@InfraBlue,
InfraBlue wrote:
oralloy wrote:
InfraBlue wrote:
You have your analogy backwards. It's the Zionists that are guarding the concentration camps they've set up for the Palestinians in order to maintain Palestine "for the Jews."

Your anti-Semitism is really hideous. No one is setting up concentration camps.

The Zionists have set up concentration camps in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, restricting the movement of the Palestinians therein and denying them their rights.

Your anti-Semitic lies are hideous.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 04:51 pm
@wmwcjr,
wmwcjr wrote:
Have a good day, edgar. I didn't know any of this was your concern.

All the low-IQ trash on a2k have banded together into a pack.

The term "low-IQ trash" of course includes both Edgar and CI.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:00 pm
Hamas are firing hundreds of rockets into Israel, so Israel has got no choice but to defend herself, or am I missing something?
It's like when Hitler fired flying bombs and rockets across the channel at London's men women and children, we had to do D-Day to go over there and get him
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:16 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
You're missing a lot of things. First of all, they're killing more innocent people than the 'enemy.' Their goal to eradicate Hamas has been unsuccessful while they continue to kill more innocent men, women and children.

Killing innocent people is wrong, no matter what justification they use for it.

They can't control terrorists from outside the prison that the Palestinians are relegated to. In any prison, they must have a huge number of guards inside the prison to control the violence. Even then, they're not 100% successful.

What do they think they can accomplish from outside those prisons?

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 21 Jul, 2014 05:30 pm
@BillRM,
The only one justifying genocide on this thread is you, and perhaps Oralboy.