Water is dry.

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 08:40 am
It is, scientists have been lying to you, water doesn't quench your thirst, it just makes you thirstier. It's obvious when you think about it.

engineer

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 09:03 am
@izzythepush,
And you can breathe it! H2O right? It is full of oxygen but "scientists" will tell you it's bad for your lungs! LOL.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 09:30 am
@engineer,
Finally, someone else talking sense.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:05 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

It is, scientists have been lying to you, water doesn't quench your thirst, it just makes you thirstier. It's obvious when you think about it.

The bigger lie is society has us believing that our lives are divided into days. It's just one long stretch of time, beginning at birth and ending at death. Our beating hearts do not know what a "day" is. Neither does the right side of our brains. It's just an artifical construct, like "race."
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:13 am
People want you to think you have to drown in water. But, according to millions of people, water can be walked on.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 10:19 am
@edgarblythe,
As can custard.
fresco

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:13 am
@izzythepush,
Quote:
Water is dry.

Yes, to really quench that thirst reach for....Carr's Table Water Biscuits !
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:22 am
I carry a satchet of dried water wherever I go, just in case I get dehydroxified.

I was a scout, y'know.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:28 am
@izzythepush,
So can a corn starch slurry.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 11:51 am
@izzythepush,
I take it that this is an example of Brit dry humour?
Frank Apisa

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 12:08 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

I take it that this is an example of Brit dry humour?

I suspect it is a shot at Q.

Hell...I more than suspect it.
Ragman

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 02:12 pm
@Frank Apisa,
play on words
luismtzzz

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 03:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:

You are completely right! And i found the source in an article on a site i found in google after ignoring other 450,000 articles that claimed the opposite. It is completely legit!!!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 05:13 pm
@Ragman,
I think yours is a bit too dry for some.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:21 pm
@izzythepush,
Quote:
scientists have been lying to you, water doesn't quench your thirst, it just makes you thirstier

It's all an obvious plot by the bottled water industry--that's who funded those phony studies.

It's not bad enough they urge us to drink the stuff, they want us to take it everywhere.

They send out the message, "Don't leave home without it," to exploit people's fears of inadequate hydration if they don't have a bottle within arm's reach. But people weren't dropping like flies before bottled water came along.

And how many people carry those little bottles just so others will think they are on their way to, or back from, the gym? It's become the latest subterfuge to mask a sedentary lifestyle.

And, as far as quenching thirst, it's a myth--the more water you drink, the thirstier you get--so encouraging water consumption helps to sell even more bottles of the stuff.

This should really be the theme song for all the chronically parched water drinkers out there:

Anyone who's not convinced how dry, and drying, water is, should go sit in a tub and watch how their fingers will shrivel up like prunes from the exposure. If that's what it does to our exteriors, can you imagine what it does to our insides when we consume it?

Thanks for the refreshing topic, izzy. Those scientists have been all wet--it's time someone hung them out to dry.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 07:28 pm
@izzythepush,
this confused me as a weeBeth

https://c2.staticflickr.com/4/3292/2422909108_438b4a0a5e.jpg

I couldn't figure out how you could drink something dry.

Then I learned about dry martinis and a lot of things started to make sense.
roger

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2014 08:29 pm
@ehBeth,
So you're the one that actually tried to drink Canada dry!? I always thought that was just a figure of speech.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 12:59 am
@firefly,
They're scared that we discover the truth, all supposed victims of drowning died from the placebo effect, even though there's no such thing.
fresco

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 10:04 am
@izzythepush,
Hey man, is heavy water "cool" or just "heavy" ?
izzythepush

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2014 11:06 am
@fresco,
I think it might be depressed, that is if there is such a thing, which I doubt.
0 Replies