Canada Believes Saddam Had WMD

blatham

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 07:26 am
farmerperson

May I just kindly note that setembri is mporting quite a few Italgatoisms into his posts.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 02:33 pm
you may, and if I knew what the hell an italgatoism is, Id be most grateful.

Is it

a cat with an italian accent?
an obscure form of punctuation?
none of the above
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 03:59 pm
An Italgatoism is anything written by a famous poster from the past whose name was Italgato. See how simple things can be? Italgato had certain habits of style...eg, addressing posters as Mr. ____, and of piling the adjectives on to ensure we understood some fellow he was quoting was sufficiently worthy ("the very highly esteeemed expert legal mind, Posner"), etcetera.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 04:28 pm
oh, just like Tiny Tim?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 04:48 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Is this what amounts to debate in A2K?

Someone posts a report of what is a significant story, if for no other reason than those who, in general, oppose the war have been telling us no one else in the world believed Saddam had WMDs, and it is met with

The image of right wingdings desperately try to put up excuses for their putrid little war just bores us now.

Canada believes.....etc
Clinton believed....etc
Weapons with terrorists....etc.

Get over it Finn. Maybe you need to find a more cultured site with people more in tune with your massive intellect Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 08:04 pm
Wilso wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

Someone posts a report of what is a significant story, if for no other reason than those who, in general, oppose the war have been telling us no one else in the world believed Saddam had WMDs, and it is met with

The image of right wingdings desperately try to put up excuses for their putrid little war just bores us now.

Canada believes.....etc
Clinton believed....etc

Get over it Finn. Maybe you need to find a more cultured site with people more in tune with your massive intellect Rolling Eyes

Wilso, Wilso, Wilso. You've quoted my original post which was about 128 posts ago. Just made it that far in this thread?

When I wrote that post, the initial feeble discussion on this thread had further degenerated into a comparison between gyros and roadkill. That might have amounted to debate for you, but I, as a relative newcomer, was disappointed.

Not so with ensuing postings...until of course now.

Keep slogging through the rest of the thread and perhaps in a day or two you will be able to add something to the current discussion. I doubt it will be of much value, but at least it might be approaching the point.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:05 pm
finn finn finn, the sublety and sophisticated humor in which we engage as our visual bumpers, has apparently evaded your keen sense of irony and sarcasm.
its hard to be satisfied when one comes over here from the athens that is abuzz. MAybe if we just scream obsenities at each other youd feel more at home.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:18 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
Wilso wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:

Canada believes.....etc
Clinton believed....etc

Wilso, Wilso, Wilso. You've quoted my original post which was about 128 posts ago. Just made it that far in this thread?

When I wrote that post, the initial feeble discussion on this thread had further degenerated into a comparison between gyros and roadkill. That might have amounted to debate for you, but I, as a relative newcomer, was disappointed.

Not so with ensuing postings...until of course now.

Keep slogging through the rest of the thread and perhaps in a day or two you will be able to add something to the current discussion. I doubt it will be of much value, but at least it might be approaching the point.

(128 posts ago? How much time does Finn have on his/her hands?)

So, Finn, you've got a problem with gyros and roadkill as a point of discussion? Since this is/was a thread about what 'Canada believes', I think canajuns get to decide what we talk about here.

(sitting back and hoping to be further entertained)
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:26 pm
hey, wheres set. We need some kerosene thrown on this match.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:30 pm
ebeth wrote:

Not so much as it would, obviously, require you to come to the 128 figure.

Count from the beginning of the thread to my first post - it will take you only a few seconds to reach 16. Subtract it from the number of replies to this thread cited by the software and voila - 128 in less than 30 seconds.

And explaining how to do it---only another 30 seconds or so. Time I can easily afford to devote to the edification of fellow A2Kers.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:34 pm
aw, c'mon Finn. you can do better than that.
i was counting on it.

farmerman, set's not in the mood to come back. been sick quite a bit lately, and was still put off by the text ad thing.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:38 pm
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ebeth wrote:

You do realize of course, FdA, that being rude isn't actually entertaining. And I do rely on you for at least a small portion of each day's entertainment.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:38 pm
We canadians want to talk about Paul Martin saying, "Yup...we gonna decriminalize pot cookies."
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:39 pm
They didn't already do that?

Nemmind, that was Ohio.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:47 pm
well beth, I hope both, that set reconsiders and that hes recovering quickly.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:50 pm
farmerman wrote:
finn finn finn, the sublety and sophisticated humor in which we engage as our visual bumpers, has apparently evaded your keen sense of irony and sarcasm.
its hard to be satisfied when one comes over here from the athens that is abuzz. MAybe if we just scream obsenities at each other youd feel more at home.

If you insist on returning to my original posting, note that it took issue with a debate that consisted of:

Martin is a fool, a propagandist and/or a liar

A non sequitur concerning gay marriage

Martin is "full of it"

Martin doesn't speak for all Canadians

Martin is somehow a faux Prime Minister

I perceived the gyro v roadkill as simply the sort of drivel that runs out a thread that has no steam. Sorry if I missed its sophisticated humor.

If you wish to advance the opening of this thread as the sort of debate A2K can be proud of, be my guest.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
ehBeth wrote:
aw, c'mon Finn. you can do better than that.
i was counting on it.

Considering the quality of the straight line you provided, no, I'm afraid I couldn't. (And I'm not about to touch the pun with a 10 foot pole)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 09:53 pm
farmerman, thank you. I hope for both of those things as well.
0 Replies

buffytheslayer

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:00 pm
lol I can't believe there is still discussion about the pretend WMD that Saddam didn't have.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Fri 4 Jun, 2004 10:03 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Finn d'Abuzz wrote:
ebeth wrote:

You do realize of course, FdA, that being rude isn't actually entertaining. And I do rely on you for at least a small portion of each day's entertainment.

Well that depends upon one's point of view. I often find it entertaining to be rude.

In any case I'm not sure how you can suggest I was being rude. Did not your comment about how much time I have on my hands imply that I actually counted all of the posts since my original? I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that you believed that to be the only way to arrive at the 128 figure. If my assumption was wrong then I will have to apologize...Hey wait a minute! If I was wrong and you knew how to quickly arrive at 128 then you were being rude to me!.

And to think I almost apologized.
0 Replies