Canada Believes Saddam Had WMD

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:17 pm
mporter.
I tried. This guy is tough. You better take over , Im whipped. Damn Canadians are like iron.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 08:27 pm
cue the Python 'Lumberjack' skit
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 21 May, 2004 11:10 pm
Cool I think you managed to weird out mporter.

I cuts down treeees
I skip and jump
I like to press wildflowrs
I puton wimmins clothing
AND hang around in bars

OOOOOOOOOH...
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 06:36 am
It was the nipples, do you think? They are a pert little guys. My ladyfriend is fond of flicking them with her index fingers as I smear pre-spanking gel on her buttocks.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 06:53 am
Heh heh heh heh....I have nothing else to add.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 12:14 pm
Mr. Farmerman:

I read all of Mr. Blatham's posts. They remind me of a poor attempt at imitating Oscar Wilde(without the wit and learning, of course)

The other day, the scholarly Mr. Blatham attempted to brand the American Media as overwhelmingly conservative.

He did not prove it. He just said it. Apparently, in Canada, debate centers around puffery and blatant( excuse,please) generalizations. I destoyed his inaccuracies with a few facts.

Now, back to Bill Clinton.

You say, Mr. Farmerman, that Bill Clinton was wrong.

I'll accept that.

Do you also say that the US Senate and US House which authorized the president to invade Iraq was also wrong?

Were they also duped by inadequate intelligence?

Were the intelligence services of most of the major European countries also wrong?
(There are several good sources to verify the fact that many intelligence services did attest that Saddam did indeed have WMD's.)

The American public will go to the polls on Nov. 2nd.

If, in spite of your dismay, and the idiotic sputtering we get from people who don't even live in the United States who feel that they know more than those who encounter the outcomes stemming from the legislation of OUR elected representatives, George W. Bush is re-elected, then perhaps Mr. Blatham can go play with the 'nipples" he mentions on this thread. I have heard that people who are breast fixated are definitely on the adolescent level sexually.

If, however, the French Tomato King is elected, we shall see what he can do with a Republican dominated House and Republican dominated Senate.

Why, it might not be so bad at that. The Senate and the House elected in 1994 would not go along with Bill and Hillary's disasterous Socialized Medicine plan but did go along with some quite "right wing" legislation--namely, MFN status for China, NAFTA, and the Welfare Revolution.

We shall see, Mr. Farmerman. We shall see.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 03:10 pm
I see that you are fair and balanced in your opinions, mporter.

To paraphrase a founding father

"Johhn Kerry is the worst presidential candidate, with thhe exception of all the others"
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 02:01 am
You evidently did not read my post, Mr. Farmerman.

I clearly indicated that the accession of the French Tomato King to the presidency, if he follows the same path Clinton did, may not turn out too badly.

I am certain that the House and the Senate will remain in Republican hands.

As I mentioned, the premier accomplishments of Bill Clinton, during his tenure were:

l. Granting MFN to China

2. NAFTA

3. Welfare Reform

I am sure that you recognize those three accomplishments as items highly desired by the Republicans.

I am disappointed that you don't read closely enough, Mr. Farmerman.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 04:38 am
you doesnt has to call me Mr Farmerman.. You can call me farmer, you can call me F'man. you can call me FM.. No mporter, I did read and understand, I just like to pose alternative supportive opinions to your own obviously partisan ones.
Congress did afford the President the authority BASED UPON INFORMATION FED THEM BY THE EXEC BRANCH.

AS you are aware, many in congress are questioning their own decisions.

I did catch the nuance (hence my Jeffersonian "paraphrase") that you are beginning a certain degree of resignation to the fact that this administration isnt to be admired by granting a second chance.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 07:16 am
mporter wrote:
..........The other day, the scholarly Mr. Blatham attempted to brand the American Media as overwhelmingly conservative.
He did not prove it. He just said it. Apparently, in Canada, debate centers around puffery and blatant( excuse,please) generalizations...............

au contraire monsiour Porter; we Canadians are taught early on to
"pay attention"!

and fMan's latest comments: "I did catch the nuance (hence my Jeffersonian "paraphrase") that you are beginning a certain degree of resignation to the fact that this administration isn't to be admired by granting a second chance."
are warming my cold little heart!
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:03 pm
But BOWoGo and FArmerman, You talk about the "executive branch"? You are much too simple.
Get down to brass tacks.

The CIA is the source.

Who runs the CIA? Tenet. Who appointed Tenet?

Bill Clinton.

Place the blame where it belongs.
Now, as to my comment about the possiblity of another president in November. I am a realist not a wooly headed Utopian Left Wing liberal.

My message was clear although Mr. Farmerman and Mr. WoBoGo chose to ignore it.

If the worst happens and Kerry becomes president, he will be a handcuffed president like Bill Clinton was when he lost the House and Senate in 1994, 1996 and 1998.

If the liberals think that, if Kerry were to be elected, he would be able to nominate his own judges, they can whistle.

The Republicans will in any case control the Senate and the House and will block anything they do not go along with.

I am sure that both of you missed my listings of the major contributions of Bill Clinton.

A. Welfare Reform( a definite conservative item)

NAFTA( a definite conservative item)

China's MFN status( a definite conservative item.

It is obvious that whoever is elected in November, that conservative ideas will prevail.

Put that in your collective pipes and smoke it.
0 Replies

IronLionZion

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:34 pm
Re: Canada Believes Saddam Had WMD
This:

FederalistUSA wrote:

In a speech this week that has received precious little media attention (especially considering the frenzy surrounding Abu Ghraib), Canadian Prime Minister Paul Martin announced that he believes Saddam Hussein possessed biological, chemical and nuclear WMD, which have now fallen into terrorist hands. "The fact is that there is now, we know well, a proliferation of nuclear weapons, and that many weapons that Saddam Hussein had, we don't know where they are," Martin told university researchers and business leaders in Montreal on Sunday.

Followed by this:

Quote:
"That means terrorists have access to all of that."

....I laugh.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 03:36 pm
Thats thhe spirit mporter. F* the country as long as you can print your political cash, I never called you a wooly headed anything, although, with your last post. Other appropriate names come to mind.

I agree, it will take a lot of putting aside of partisanship no matter who is elected. I hope you realize that we arent exactly in the Golden Age of the Republic. Its going to take a lot of aisle crossing to just shovel ourselves back out of the hole we dug in Bush's watch.
Even the GOP is breaking ranks around Bush , (except for the dull witted,Bible thumpin idealogues like santorum).
bush is standing as such an example of a bad example , that, I think a spirit of bipartisanship may have to be accorded to the next admin so we can scrape up[ the left over poop.

and as far as your sides penchant for blaming everything on clinton, I expect nothing less . However, your grasp of History re; the "Chinese wall" between the FBI and CIA is incorrect. This policy goes back to the Ford and Carter years.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 01:36 am
Really, Mr. Farmerman?"

The policy goes back to the Ford and Carter years?

I said nothing about a Chinese Wall.

I said that Bill Clinton appointed Tenet.

Bill Clinton was no fan of the FBI. As Bob Woodward reported in his book Shadow on Page 450, Clinton said of Louis Freeh, the head of the FBI in 1998-"Louis Freeh is a goddam, F**king A**hole"

Could it be, Mr. Farmerman, that Clinton's lack of respect for Louis Freeh contributed to the lack of intelligence available in 2001?

I find your comment on the Golden Age of the Republic amusing.

I don't know how old you are but I am sure you know of the Cold War. Many of us lived with the knowledge of possible instant annhilation.

Then President Reagan said--Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall and the Soviet Union imploded.

We are now the premier power in the world.

You may have your own personal reasons for thinking that we are not in the Golden Age of the Republic. I strongly disagree.

Americans and America is living better than any other country in the world. We are the envy of the world. We live better than the kings and queens of the Middle Ages.

Now, if those like the fundamentalist Muslims who hate us can be eliminated and/or co-opted, our century will become even more promising.

In the final analysis, I believe, Mr. Farmerman, one's political philosophy depends on one's basic beliefs.

I am sorry but I do not share your pessimism about the greatest country in the world, The USA.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:56 am
mporter wrote:
..........My message was clear although Mr. Farmerman and Mr. WoBoGo chose to ignore it.......

as i have said many times (in fact it is my 'mantra') "all is 'polar'; for every force, or style, or thought, there is it's polar opposite, within. - a kernel of light within a field of black; the yin within the yang.

wisdom lies in the realization that nothing is ever purely black, or white!

So the 'liberal' (small "l") must pay attention to 'responsibility', and the 'conservative' (small "c") must care for those who cannot (not will not) care for themselves!
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:10 am
mporter wrote:
.............Then President Reagan said--Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall and the Soviet Union imploded............

The Soviet Union collapsed, not because of Reagan's polite request (hard to conceive of a less naive thought!), but because 'communism' itself was unable to change the basest urges of humanity - 'greed' - polished to perfection on the other side of the Atlantic.

mporter wrote:
.............Americans and America is living better than any other country in the world. We are the envy of the world. We live better than the kings and queens of the Middle Ages.

To that i have but one word - "EXCESS"!

North America voraciously consumes the planet, without a tinker's damn to the rest of the planet; the word "share" (o.k. two words Rolling Eyes ) is not even in their vocabulary.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 08:56 am
BoGoWo wrote:

as i have said many times (in fact it is my 'mantra') "all is 'polar'; for every force, or style, or thought, there is it's polar opposite, within. - a kernel of light within a field of black; the yin within the yang.

wisdom lies in the realization that nothing is ever purely black, or white!

There is also wisdom in realizing that between the two poles, life unfolds across a spectrum, and that there are places along that spectrum that are much closer to the poles than others. Everything and everyone doesn't reside in the utterly neutral gray of the middle. Being able to discern between dark grey and light grey is as important, and perhaps more difficult, that realizing that we don't live in the black or the white.[/quote]
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 01:50 pm
mporter, Im aware that youre more of a "sound biter" rather than one whhose sensitive to history.
The significance of the Chinese walls between intelligence far preceeded Tenet.

Im sure you recognize that Tenet was the one who brought the threat of terrorism to both Clinton and Bush (after 9/11) he dusted off what he told Clinton. Neither president can pas off any blame and it doesnt sit on ones shoulder any more than anothers. Dont be so damn defensive.

Woolsey and Deutsch were incompetent(in fact Deutsch was probably in a pre-Alzheimers state, unless he was play acting like mob boss Gigante)

tenet is an independent individual, a reason hes still with Bush, so dont be quick to dismiss him. We had 2 admins who missed the news he presented
Clinton for his loss of focus at thhe end , and bush just cause the neocons are like newly converted zealots who dismissed much of these data(until post 9/11)

If you look at the post Watergate years, thats where the wheels fell off.

as far as being in the best country. I agree wholeheartedly. Although Id like more space , less mining land owned by the Brits and Canadians for 15 bucks an acre, and a government with a scoshe more competence and (as your penultimate post showed) a bit less interested in self gratification for a political side (both left and right)
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:07 am
I am glad you agree that this is a great country, Mr. Farmerman, however, it is not "self gratification for a political side" that I am looking for.

I believe that the USA suffered through and is suffering through a "cultural revolution".

I believe that the roots of this "cultural revolution" are "nihilistic, relativistic and radical secularism"

My values do not square with the "cultural revolution". I am aware that the American voting public will pick and has chosen the Representatives, Senators and Presidents whose basic beliefs will favor either the "revolutionaries'" side or the conservatives side.

I cannot sit idly to watch the country that I live in become a haven for relativism; idiotic political correctness and activist judges.
0 Replies

mporter

Reply Tue 25 May, 2004 12:24 am
And, Mr. Farmerman, with regard to the "Chinese Walls", I am sure that if you do some research, you will find that the real villain in that case was Ms. Jaime Gorlick, a member of the 9/11 commission who should never have been on the commission in the first place.

see www.captainsquartersblog.com/mt/mt-connects.cgientry_id=1366

The real villain is Jaime Gorlick. Congressman James Sensenbrenner called for the resignation of Jamie Gorlick on April 14, 2004 from the 9/11 commission. Ms. Gorlick was the creator in 1995, as the deputy of Atty. Gen. Janet Reno, a procedure codified in the Justice Department which radically heightened the wall between agencies and prohibited the sharing of intelligence information and criminal information. Attorney General Ashcroft called Gorlick's work THE SINGLE GREATEST STRUCTURAL CAUSE FOR 9/11.
0 Replies