Our Hearts Are Breaking

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 08:58 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Technically Oralloy, you are just as anti-Semitic as anyone here. After all, Palestinians are Semites.

The definition against anti-Semitism refers specifically to hatred and lies directed at Jews.

I do not do any such thing.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:04 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
See what you did there?
The claim that Semitic people love murdering children has is a standard part of anti-Semitic propaganda through the ages.

When such an accusation is directed at Jews or Israelis, it is a horrible lie.

When such an accusation is directed at Palestinian vermin, it is honest reporting.

Whether an accusation is true or false is a matter of great importance.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It is time to forcibly clear all of the Palestinians out of the West Bank once and for all.

Shoot anyone who resists.

I hope you can understand why advocating genocide as a solution is particularly troubling for a Jewish state.

JTT

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:05 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Israelis don't try to murder children (beyond the occasional criminal that can be expected in any society).

Like Ariel Sharon, a grand war criminal.

Quote:
AVI SHLAIM: In 1982, Ariel Sharon was defense minister in Menachem Begin’s government, and he was the architect of the invasion of Lebanon. And it was a war of deception because Sharon tricked his Cabinet colleagues into launching this operation by pretending the aims were very limited, whereas in fact he had a big plan to completely change the bare geopolitics of the region, to create a new order in Lebanon but by helping Israel’s Maronite Christian allies to come to power in Lebanon and then sign a peace treaty with Israel, then to expel the Syrian forces from Lebanon and to replace Syrian with Israeli hegemony in the Levant.

This war of deception ended in tears. It didn’t achieve any of its grandiose geopolitical objectives, and it ended also with the massacre in the refugee camps of Sabra and Shatila. There was an Israeli—there was an Israeli commission of inquiry which found Defense Minister Sharon as responsible for failing to prevent the massacre of the Palestinian refugees by Israel’s Christian allies, and Sharon was forced to step down—he was fired as minister of defense. And no one could have guessed at that time how a man who was found unfit to serve as minister of defense would bounce back as Israel’s prime minister.

But this is all of a piece in Sharon’s career as a soldier and as a politician, because, as Professor Khalidi pointed out, Sharon committed his first war crime as a young major in 1953 when he destroyed many houses in the Jordanian village of Qibya, and he was responsible for the massacre of 69 civilians. So that was his first war crime, but it was not to be his last. And the consistent thread in his career as a soldier and as a politician was to use brute force, not just against the regular armies of the Arab states, but also against Palestinian civilians. And the other consistent thread is to shun diplomacy and to rely on brute force to impose Israeli hegemony on the entire region. President George W. Bush famously called Sharon a man of peace. Sharon was nothing of the sort. He was a man of war through and through, and he called his autobiography Warrior, not Diplomat. His approach to diplomacy reversed Clausewitz’s dictum; for Sharon, diplomacy was the pursuit of war by other means. For the last 40 years, the Arab-Israeli conflict has been my main research interest, and I can honestly say that I have never come across a single scintilla of evidence to support the notion of Sharon as a man of peace.

http://m.democracynow.org/stories/14137

0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:07 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
The definition against anti-Semitism refers specifically to hatred and lies directed at Jews.

I do not do any such thing.

Palestinians are Semites (by definition).

But I suppose the more important issue is why you think that it matters.
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:09 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I think peace has had far too many chances. Enough is enough.

It is time to forcibly clear all of the Palestinians out of the West Bank once and for all.

This stuff really gets you pumped up, doesn't it, Which hand is typing and which hand is wanking, Oralboy?
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:12 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
I hope you can understand why advocating genocide as a solution is particularly troubling for a Jewish state.

I did not advocate genocide.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:16 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
I did not advocate genocide.

Orally wrote:
It is time to forcibly clear all of the Jews out of Palestine once and for all.

Yes you did advocate genocide. If this doesn't count as genocide, that I don't know what does.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:20 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Palestinians are Semites (by definition).

The definition of anti-Semitism refers specifically to hatred and lies directed at Jews.

(For some reason earlier I said 'against' instead of 'of'.)

maxdancona wrote:
But I suppose the more important issue is why you think that it matters.

It matters because "your clouding the meaning of anti-Semitism" helps to shield anti-Semitism from rightful condemnation.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:23 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
It matters because "your clouding the meaning of anti-Semitism" helps to shield anti-Semitism from rightful condemnation.

How so? All I am suggesting is that hatred and lies toward any ethnic group is equally wrong, and that genocide against any ethnic group is equally barbaric. I don't see how advocating a genocide of Palestinians is any more acceptable or any less tragic than a genocide of Jews (or of any other ethnic group).

Do you disagree with this? Or do you really believe that some ethnic groups are more important than others?
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:26 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
Yes you did advocate genocide.

No I didn't.

maxdancona wrote:
If this doesn't count as genocide, that I don't know what does.

Genocide is an attempt to extinguish a race or culture.

I did not propose extinguishing any race or culture. I merely proposed forcing all the Palestinians to leave the West Bank.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:32 pm
@oralloy,
What if instead you forced the Jewish people to leave by shooting them if they refused to leave...

would you consider that genocide?
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:39 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
oralloy wrote:
"your clouding the meaning of anti-Semitism" helps to shield anti-Semitism from rightful condemnation.

How so?

Because instead of anti-Semites having to deal with condemnation of their hate speech, people who oppose anti-Semitism have to focus on defending themselves against false accusations.

maxdancona wrote:
All I am suggesting is that hatred and lies toward any ethnic group is equally wrong,

The only people here who are victims of lies are the Israelis who've been falsely accused of murdering children like the Palestinians do.

Given how horrible the Palestinians are, hatred towards them is understandable.

maxdancona wrote:
and that genocide against any ethnic group is equally barbaric. I don't see how advocating a genocide of Palestinians is any more acceptable or any less tragic than a genocide of Jews (or of any other ethnic group).

No one here is advocating genocide.

maxdancona wrote:
Do you disagree with this? Or do you really believe that some ethnic groups are more important than others?

Depends on what you mean by important.

Given the fact that the Israelis rightfully own the West Bank,

Given the fact that the Israelis have repeatedly offered over and over and over to let the Palestinians have the West Bank if only they would agree to make peace,

And given the fact that the Palestinians steadfastly reject peace and only try to massacre children,

I think it is fair for the Palestinians to all be driven out of the West Bank once and for all.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:41 pm
Something must have upset the Palestinians to make them hate Israel, I wonder what?
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:43 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Genocide is an attempt to extinguish a race or culture.

It's hard to tell when it's your abysmal ignorance or just your run of the mill lying, Oralboy.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:44 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
What if instead you forced the Jewish people to leave by shooting them if they refused to leave...
would you consider that genocide?

It would not be genocide, but it would be cause for vigorous military action to defend Israel from the aggressors who were attacking them.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:46 pm
@oralloy,
Quote:
Because instead of anti-Semites having to deal with condemnation of their hate speech, people who oppose anti-Semitism have to focus on defending themselves against false accusations.

There is nothing false about what I am accusing you of.

If someone referred to Jews as "vermin", and made the claim that "Jews love murdering children". This would be hate speech, right?

You have done both of these things. There is no denying it. Anyone can scroll back and look for themselves.
oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:48 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
Something must have upset the Palestinians to make them hate Israel, I wonder what?

Palestinians are just bad people.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 09:54 pm
@maxdancona,
maxdancona wrote:
There is nothing false about what I am accusing you of.

Yes there is. Your suggestion that I'd engaged in anti-Semitism was false.

maxdancona wrote:
If someone referred to Jews as "vermin", and made the claim that "Jews love murdering children". This would be hate speech, right?

Yes. It would be a horrible lie.

maxdancona wrote:
You have done both of these things.

No I haven't.

maxdancona wrote:
There is no denying it.

I can most certainly deny it. And quite successfully too, as it is completely untrue.

maxdancona wrote:
Anyone can scroll back and look for themselves.

Yes, and they will not find me saying any such thing.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 1 Jul, 2014 10:09 pm
@oralloy,
Did someone hack into your account there Oralloy?

When I go back to the last page, and search for the word "vermin" or the phrase "love to murder children", your anti-semitism is right there, plain as day, for all to see.