help me comprehend this situation

diaatta

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 01:31 am
I married the guy i loved from college and after 4 yrs of live-in we tied the knot with our parents' consent. Its been 6 yrs now and have a 3 yr old boy. Things have been increasingly rough for the past 2- 3 yrs and its gone to the extent of separation though we still live in the same house. He threatens me on divorce at the drop of a hat. We have been sleeping in different rooms for the past 1 yr. My husband just refuses to communicate. I knw he is not having an affair. He is a workaholic and yes there is a lot of stress.For the past few months, I have developed a relation with a guy 10 yrs younger to me..though its not physical we seem to share our inner secrets n worries. Last month, I also bumped into an old friend from college. This guy n I shared a good rapport them and there was a possibility for sparks to fly but I had left the city. We had good fun drinking dancing and driving.. he seems to understand me and we had a tensed moment together though nothing happened. He is married too and deeply in love with his wife. Now we have been in touch since then and a day doesnt pass by without updating each other on the happenings..but for the past 2 days there has been no news at all. He had text him that his wife wud be coming down with him. So thought may b cos of that he is not replying. But today I saw that he has blocked me from his fb account all of a sudden without a word. I had dropped in a msg on his number as well but no reply at all. I am confused here with this.
Now my situation is I am having 3 guys in my life..my husband...younger friend who is also little attracted to me..and this long lost friend who knows abt my feelings for him back in college days..I want to be liberated from everything and want to lead a life of my own,..in my own terms...but i feel all of a sudden i feel lonely and am craving for attention.

pls let me know how to get out from this mode before it becomes default. Sad
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 3 • Views: 596 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CoastalRat

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 06:28 am
@diaatta,
Quote:
But today I saw that he has blocked me from his fb account all of a sudden without a word. I had dropped in a msg on his number as well but no reply at all. I am confused here with this.
He is married and in love with his wife (by your own admission) and realizes that keeping in contact with another woman on a regular basis may jeopardize his relationship with his wife. So he wants no further contact with you. Good for him. His priorities, unlike yours, are in the right place. LEAVE HIM ALONE.

As for the younger guy, you need to leave him alone for a different reason. Before getting into a relationship with someone else, you need to FIRST resolve the relationship with your husband. Suggest some counseling. If he won't go with you, go by yourself. But starting a relationship with someone else while you are still married and living the the same house with your husband will not help your situation at all.

You are married, like it or not. Your first order of business is to either find ways for you and hubby to work on your relationship or end the marriage. Then worry about starting something with someone else.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 06:54 am
You are going to have to reduce that need for attention. It causes you to flitter around and become reactive to any male who shows you any interest. You are in love with being in love.

Your marriage needs resolution. Either get this guy to work on this marriage - or get out of it. You seem very hungry for attention and your husband deserves to know that you are very unhappy.

Learn to stand on your own for a while. You put too much on having a male (or two) validate your life. You don't talk about yourself much, only how men are paying attention to you (or not)
vikorr

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 04:48 pm
@PUNKEY,
Punkey - the ability to reduce the 'need for attention' is very difficult to almost impossible when she is living in a loveless, hateful marriage. Logically what you say is fine...but our brains don't work that way...

...our brain is not a single organ (as many believe). There are several areas of the brain with their own imperatives - and these imperatives (after they play out) - don't always agree. More importantly still, parts of the brain tend to override other parts. There is a part that deals with instinct, another that deals with emotions, and another that deals with logic (and a few other minor parts too). When it's called on, the instinctual 'brain' usually wins out over the emotional and logical brains. When it's called on, the emotional brain usually wins out over the logical brain. When the Instinctual & emotional brains are in agreement, the logical brain almost always loses...even if it takes some time.

That is not to say that we can't train our brain to not react to either emotions or instinct (the OP's post, trying not to give in, is an example of this)...but eventually, for most people...the more extreme the drive of the instinctive & emotional brain, the less chance they have of eventually 'succumbing'.

Emotionally, we (almost) all want happiness (and if we don't have it, we emotionally want to move towards it...but we can also emotionally fear the process & repurcussions).

Instinctively (and emotionally), we all want to love & be loved.

It's not surprising then that a loving "marriage/partner/union" is what many of us want...and in many ways...need (if we but realised it). Less surprising still is that most people, when they don't have it...find themselves moving towards it - even if they don't realise what they are doing.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2014 05:31 pm
Quote:
Diaata said: My husband just refuses to communicate. I know he is not having an affair. He is a workaholic and yes there is a lot of stress

Your hub is a washout and a loser, he takes you for granted so it's only natural you should look to other men to give you the warmth and tenderness you deserve, and hear them whisper in your ear how precious and beautiful you are to them.
Your hub had his chance with you and blew it.
0 Replies