Don't want children---EVER

drom et reve

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:25 am
I think that you should go for it. It seems that you are determined not to have children, and for good reason; so, you should prevent yourself from being under duress to do otherwise. What has been said is not always true; I, for different and for similar reasons, fervently wanted no children when I was eighteen, and- in greater age- I still want none.

0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 09:08 am
Well, that does change things, jora. If you have a medical reason for not having children, by all means, have the surgery. If you change your mind about wanting children later, you can look into adopting.

My brother-in-law has a similar condition, and for that reason he and my sister never had kids. (Besides, neither of them wanted children.) The issue was firmly put to rest when she had to have a hysterectomy at 40. Now that she's in her late 40s, however, she's found that she really enjoys being around kids. (To her great surprise!) She dotes on my son.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 11:57 am
I don't want children either. I hate the fact that people always say "you'll change your mind" i really don't think I will. I never want to have children, I might adopt but chances are slim. I just don't ever see myself being a mother. I am 22. I just don't think I will be a good mother, and if I am unshure about myself I don't think I should ever have children.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:07 pm
jora - your disorder (whatever it is I hope you learned to live with it the best you can) gives totally different light on subject. Then I would probably do the same thing myself. And you can always adopt if you change your mind.

aimeemarie - I know that you hate when people are telling you "you'll change your mind", because everybody hates when others are saying that Smile I will not tell you that you will change your mind, but point is that there is possibility for that. And, as I said before, today you really can use combination of contraceptive methods to be pratically 100% sure that nothing will happen. And after all, before going to radical surgeries you might try to find guy that is sterile Smile Kidding of course Wink
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 12:52 pm
I could only be that lucky to find a guy who was sterile!!!
yeah I can't get any kind of surgery, they don't let you, I am too young... trust me I know about the contraception thing
Birth control pills
condoms and spermacide
I know every one is like doesn't that ruin the mood, and I am like so does a screaming child!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 02:37 pm
Aimeemarie - It is not people saying you WILL change your mind, it is that you MAY change your mind. What 22-year-old is not unsure of herself? I did not want children at 22 either and would have been a horrible mother at 22. But as you age you mature and become surer of yourself. That is why I did not have any children until I was 34. I believe I am a much better mother by waiting until I was older.

Why go through major surgery that is irreversible if there is a possibility of changing your mind? Especially since there are several other options for birth control. In jora's case where it is more a medical decision, that is completely different.
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:00 pm
well if you use birth pills and spermicides then you don't need condoms - condoms are worst protection ever, so they're not needed as addition to two better contraceptives.
Of course, that relates only to birth control, diseases are something different - I am coming from almost AIDS-free country so I don't have that in mind very often.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:02 pm
Any guy who says birth control 'ruins the mood' is an a-hole. It's a neandrathal-like thought process that reads: "My pleasure....who care 'bout consequences?" It's still the best route for young women to just say, "no glove, no love." The decision for surgery can wait.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:05 pm
MyOwnUsername wrote:
well if you use birth pills and spermicides then you don't need condoms - condoms are worst protection ever, so they're not needed as addition to two better contraceptives.
Of course, that relates only to birth control, diseases are something different - I am coming from almost AIDS-free country so I don't have that in mind very often.

Well...condoms used with spermicide is pretty effective. So is the pill, should the lady remember to take it every day, and not have any physical problems with it. Condoms are pretty much necessary to reduce the risk of disease transmission, unless you know your partner's medical history really really well.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:07 pm
Mr. Noddy has a large and varied family. One of the more objectionable young men bragged and bragged that riding bareback was the only way to go. Baby, it was his way or the highway.

Three years ago, he skipped the state to avoid paying child support for three little woods colts--with three different mothers.

aimeemarie--

Hold your dominion. You make your decisions about conceiving. No one else has the right.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:13 pm
Unfortunately, The Pill can be negated by common antibiotics. I know two strep throat babies. Both are adorable--but neither was planned.

Belt, suspenders and condoms!
0 Replies

MyOwnUsername

Reply Tue 18 May, 2004 03:40 pm
cavfancier wrote:

Well...condoms used with spermicide is pretty effective. So is the pill, should the lady remember to take it every day, and not have any physical problems with it. Condoms are pretty much necessary to reduce the risk of disease transmission, unless you know your partner's medical history really really well.

I agree. I said that condoms are not necessary as birth control if person is using spermicide AND birth pills like she mentioned she does.
As of risk of diseases you are right surely.
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Wed 19 May, 2004 08:44 am
I feel safer if I use all three, and anyone who ever, tried to tell me they weren't wearing a condom I would say "excuse me can you give me your medical hisrory? I can give you my STD test results, can you give me yours so I know you don't have any creepy crawlies." I have only been with three people and one I was with for 4 years. I didn't use condoms with him because I knew his medical history.
the whole b/c pill thing I am not always so good at it, that is why I use the spermacide and the condoms too.
I don't think I ever want to have kids...HAVE being the word... I might adopt but I don't want to have them...
I am a very out spoken person, I always communicate with my partner. If you aren't ready to talk about sex YOU aren't ready to do it.
communication is key.
0 Replies

tigerprincess81

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:53 pm
Hey there is someone else like me!! I am also 23, i dont want kids because of the way i was brought up.

But when i say to people that i want a hysterectomy, they always say dont, and you would regret it later as your maternal insticts will kick in when its too late...

anyway my point being, the only one that knows your maternal instiincts is you and sometimes gals like us just dont have them.

Go get it done... and if you regret it later go and adopt a baby, the world is to overpopulated for evry girl to have kids anyway...
0 Replies

tigerprincess81

Reply Thu 20 May, 2004 09:56 pm
Talking of contraceptives... I get an injection every three months... Thats all...i think its called deprovera... its the closest non surgical thing i was prepared to do to rather than getting the whole lot taken out as I am scared of surgery...

And a bonus of the injections you dont get your periods and you cant start planning children for atleast two years after quiting.
0 Replies

jora

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 08:08 pm
tigerprincess81--

What are some of the side effects of deprovera? I'll probably have to wait a while to get my tubes tied, and in the meantime I'm looking into contraceptives that are easy to keep up with.
0 Replies

bromeliad

Reply Sat 22 May, 2004 09:26 pm
Depo Provera
http://www.birthcontrolresources.com/

ParaGard IUD
http://www.paragardiud.com/
0 Replies

tigerprincess81

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 08:09 pm
I haven't had any of the major ones,

I dont get my period anymore, my weight hasnt been effected like it did when i tried the oestrogen tablets. And i was told that you cant plan children for a while after stopping the injections.

I like it, but other women may have other reactions to it.

I couldnt take anything with Oestrogen in it. I had the worst side effects. I know you can get something similar to Depo Provera in a tablet form to be taken daily... which is suggested you try before getting injections.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Sun 23 May, 2004 08:16 pm
There was a great thread on Depo here...if I could just find it...
0 Replies

aimeemarie123

Reply Mon 24 May, 2004 07:55 am
well, I can't do the patch... I am allergic to adhesive and I am afraid to do depo... when I started taking the pill mt breasts got very large... I was an A cup... within 3 months of taking the pill I was a C cup... I am afraid if I take depo shot I will have large watermellons and I wont be able to walk. there are a lot more hormones in depo than there are in my low dasage pill andI am afraid Shocked
0 Replies