Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 08:45 am
If you believe that the IRS lost two years of Lois Lerner's e-mail with the White House (but not her internal department e-mail) because her computer crashed, then you qualify for one of these two premium quality T-shirts.

Which one would you like?


http://stevebrodner.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/SHILL.jpg

http://image1.spreadshirt.com/image-server/v1/products/19642182/views/1,width=378,height=378,appearanceId=1/If-you-say-Gullible-slowly-it-sounds-like-Oranges-Women-s-T-Shirts.jpg
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:38 am
CBS

Quote:
The Internal Revenue Service says it has lost a trove of emails to and from a central figure in the agency's tea party controversy.

The IRS told congressional investigators Friday it cannot locate many of Lois Lerner's emails prior to 2011 because her computer crashed that year.


Anyone who believes that the timing of this release (late Friday) is a coincidence, should choose the Gullible T-Shirt.

Quote:
"The fact that I am just learning about this, over a year into the investigation, is completely unacceptable and now calls into question the credibility of the IRS's response to congressional inquiries," said Rep. Dave Camp, R-Mich., chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee. "There needs to be an immediate investigation and forensic audit by Department of Justice as well as the inspector general."


Of course there does, but will it happen? The FBI has impressive capabilities for the forensic investigation of computer data that is often requested to assist in investigations outside of its jurisdiction. The missing Malaysian flight investigation is one. The FBI was requested to examine the computers of flight MH370's pilots.

What are the chances though that Eric Holder will order the FBI to examine Ms. Lerner's computer? Anyone who thinks he that he shouldn't should chose the Shill T-Shirt.

Quote:
"Isn't it convenient for the Obama Administration that the IRS now says it has suddenly realized it lost Lois Lerner's emails requested by Congress and promised by Commissioner John Koskinen?" (Darryl) Issa asked in an email statement. "Do they really expect the American people to believe that, after having withheld these emails for a year, they're just now realizing the most critical time period is missing?"


Well, in a word, Yes. At least they are thinking the media won't give this much coverage and they can continue to spin their tale that this is a phony scandal created by nasty, partisan Republicans and kept simmering by Fox News. It's worked so often before, why wouldn't they expect it to work now?

Quote:
Congressional investigators have shown that IRS officials in Washington were closely involved in the handling of tea party applications, many of which languished for more than a year without action. But so far, they have not publicly produced evidence that anyone outside the agency directed the targeting or even knew about it.


Quote:
But an untold number are gone. Camp's office said the missing emails are mainly ones to and from people outside the IRS, "such as the White House, Treasury, Department of Justice, FEC, or Democrat offices.


It remains to be seen how the media and the American public will react to this news. Will it be the bombshell it deserves to be or a pop-gun the Administration wants it to be?

By now it should be evident to anyone with a critical eye, what the White House game plan is for any scandal. Execution begins with either the president or a spokesperson:

1) Express surprise and outrage and/or grave concern. Deny prior knowledge and explain that the first time the president learned of the matter was when he read about it in the paper or saw it on TV.

2) Promise to get to the bottom of it and report that the president has ordered appropriate investigations

3) Stall, stall, stall.

4) Attribute whatever illicit conduct there may have been to misguided or overzealous underlings way down the chain.

5) Have the president announce his belief that there's nothing to the scandal before the investigation is complete ("There's not even a smidgen of corruption at the IRS"),

6) Accuse Republicans and Fox News for blowing the matter way out of proportion and trying to create a phony scandal. These steps are not necessarily sequential and #6 can begin any time after #1 and continues through the process. It also relies heavily on shills like E.J. Dionne, Dana Milbank, Eugene Robinson, Paul Krugman, and the entire on-air staff of MSNBC (to name a few) to endlessly repeat and emphasize the mantra

7) Stall, stall, and stall, some more.

8) Appear to comply with all requests for information from congress (The IRS claims to have so far produced 750,000 document in response to congressional investigations of the IRS matter). In civil litigation this is known as a "document dump." It is intended to overwhelm the party that demanded the information, and make it extremely difficult to find a smoking gun or to be able to determine if a smoking gun might have been withheld.

9) Allow steps 1-8 to brew and stew for months if not years so that #6 can take full effect and the American people grow bored of the topic since nothing new seems to have come out of it.

10) Finally release a potential bombshell on a Friday afternoon; one that easily could have been revealed months before but was deliberately held back, relying on #9 to take effect.

Of course we can't be sure that #10 is always implemented because it only does when the White House is backed into a corner and has no choice.

It will not be surprising if we find that for some reason no one can explain, Lerner's old computer was destroyed months ago, or has simply and inexplicably vanished.

But this is just a crazy conspiracy rant. There's a perfectly logical explanation here. Choose your t-shirt.
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:42 am
Think about this, Nixon was forced to resign thanks to 18 minutes of missing tape. With this we are talking about 2 years worth of e-mail.

Not to suggest there is anything, thus far, that argues for impeachment of Obama or even declaring that the missing e-mail has to have contained evidence that would lead to an impeachment. Obviously we don't what was in the e-mail, because they are all gone.

It is offered for consideration by those who think this isn't a big deal.
0 Replies
 
farmerman
 
  5  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:46 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
the facts are that the IRS had dumped on 501 c 4's from both the right and the left. Sounds like you don't want to admit that at all. If only the righties were affected, Id buy some of your tuff (firt Id have to read the entire trails of stories

revelette2
 
  4  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 09:53 am
@farmerman,
Exactly, it seems they never admit to the left being affected as well by the whole IRS thing.

Shill must be their favorite word now.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 11:24 am
@revelette2,
Congress voted Lois Lerner to be in contempt. The IRS is now absolutely known to have used the tools of government to punish the administration's political opponents. Maybe you can figure out how to blame it on Bush.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  0  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 12:14 pm
@farmerman,
The facts are that the IRS scrutinized hundreds of conservative groups and less than 10 progressive groups. I freely admit this.

The question is whether or not you find it troubling that Lerner's e-mail with the White House and other external parties has been "lost?"

roger
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 01:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Neither more nor less than the missing seven minutes of the Richard Nixon tape that his secretary accidently erased. Damn! Wouldn't you think the president of the country could get competent help.

Seriously though, I am having trouble with the contempt of congress thing. I don't think we can be that selective in recognizing the constitution, even by congress or the president.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:00 pm
The Obama administration used the tools of government to punish political opponents.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 02:39 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

Seriously though, I am having trouble with the contempt of congress thing. I don't think we can be that selective in recognizing the constitution, even by congress or the president.


I'm not sure I understand your point.

Mafia bosses have been held in contempt of congress for pleading the 5th. Why not Lois Lerner?
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:23 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
My answer is "YES"...and you can keep your T-shirts.
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 04:57 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Thanks for the reminder. Apparently she waived that right by making the opening statement, and I'm not sorry to see there is good justification. Otherwise, the right still exists even in Congressional hearings.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/301557-dershowitz-irs-chief-lerner-can-be-held-in-contempt-of-congress
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 05:12 pm
Why would she want to withhold information about her professional activities anyway?
roger
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 05:15 pm
@Brandon9000,
I'm guessing she thought it might tend to incriminate her.
0 Replies
 
Finn dAbuzz
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 05:17 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Your desire to ignore all evidence to preserve your ill regard for Republicans would be truly astounding if it wasn't so common.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 06:04 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Finn dAbuzz wrote:

Your desire to ignore all evidence to preserve your ill regard for Republicans would be truly astounding if it wasn't so common.


But...the Republican Party has given me notice that I must oppose it no matter what. If some sanity returns to the party...I may change. But right now...for the good of the US and for the good of all the people living here (including the duped Republicans) I will oppose them with every fiber of my being.

And keep in mind...I AM NOT A DEMOCRAT.
0 Replies
 
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sat 14 Jun, 2014 08:15 pm
You certainly are not. You don't even believe in democracy.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 02:03 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

You certainly are not. You don't even believe in democracy.


I do not do any "believing", Brandon.
Brandon9000
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 02:19 am
@Frank Apisa,
Frank Apisa wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You certainly are not. You don't even believe in democracy.


I do not do any "believing", Brandon.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Frank Apisa
 
  1  
Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2014 02:30 am
@Brandon9000,
Brandon9000 wrote:

Frank Apisa wrote:

Brandon9000 wrote:

You certainly are not. You don't even believe in democracy.


I do not do any "believing", Brandon.

Sorry, couldn't resist.


No problem, Brandon.

And the fact is that I think "democracy" almost cannot work...so long as humans are involved. Machines might allow democracy to work...if they happen to be the next step in the evolution of what is now homo sapiens.

We humans just seem unable to function reasonably in a democracy. We abuse it; misuse it; and turn it to chaos.

All said, however, in the knowledge that I want democracy rather than dictatorship (unless I can be the dictator!)
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » Still Think It's a Phony Scandal?
Copyright © 2021 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.1 seconds on 12/07/2021 at 04:44:06