For the dems, who is there besides Hillary?

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:11 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

That statement makes me think of you as a stupid ****, for the first time ever. I have often disagreed with you - Your partisanship has got you being stupid.

Jeeze Woiyo, what will you do now that edgar regards you as a "stupid ****?"

The pain must be overwhelming . Try biting on a piece of leather or a stick.
Thomas

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:29 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:
There is something seriously comical about the tempest in the teapot over the congestion at the Ft Lee exit ramp from the GW Bridge.

It's not about the congestion. It's about the cobweb of cronyism and bullying that got unearthed in the investigation of the bridge scandal.
coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm

«»
Quote:
5 Reasons Hillary Won't Run

Quote:
Hillary Clinton's minions are hard at work assembling a political machine and fine tuning it for another go at the White House. Mrs. Clinton is doing her part preparing for a run as well, churning out a bland memoir about the "hard choices" she faced as secretary of state and coyly positioning herself (again) as the inevitable nominee of the party. But after the troubled beginning to her book tour, we're beginning to see the reasons why Hillary may eventually decide to pull the plug on a 2016 presidential run. Here are five:

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2014/06/17/5_reasons_hillary_wont_run_123015.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter#ixzz34vGlux35

Quote:

1) She's just not that good at campaigning
2) The “fire in the belly”question.
3) It ain’t gonna be a coronation.
4) Obama is leaving a mess.
5) The country wants real change. America was mesmerized by Obama’s call for change in 2008. It was one of the narratives that propelled him over Hillary in the first place. Eight years later, Obama has failed to deliver much of what he promised on uniting the country and changing business as usual in Washington. As a result an even stronger populist, anti-establishment, anti-incumbent fervor is coursing through the electorate. That does not bode well for Hillary Clinton, who embodies the elite establishment -- and the past. If the famed Clinton political acumen still exists in that family, Hillary will figure this out and take a pass on 2016.

0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 12:35 pm
@Thomas,
Quote:
It's about the cobweb of cronyism and bullying that got unearthed in

every Obama scandal
coluber2001

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 04:00 pm
Andrew Cuomo, governor of New York, but he refuses to discuss whether or not he considers running in 2016.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 07:48 pm
I guess Barbara Boxer is not interested in higher office. She is a fabulous woman.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:09 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
When you can not win the war of ideas, the only option the ignorant have is personal attacks. Edgar and Frank are perfect examples of that. So they will continue to make noise...like crickets in the night.
woiyo

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 06:10 am
@Thomas,
Cobweb of cronyism? Clinton and Obama make Christie look like an amateur if that is your only reason not to recognize Christie as a leader.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 07:46 am
Thanks for the additions of Cuomo and Boxer. I don't know this Cuomo very well (just read he doesn't want med marijuana in NY) but do remember Boxer and have always appreciated her.
0 Replies

Thomas

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 07:53 am
@woiyo,
I have plenty of other reasons for skepticism about Christie's leadership.

But never mind Christie. Ossobucco's question for this thread is: "For the Dems, who is there besides Hillary?" So which Democratic candidate do you suggest that Ossobucco vote for? This question also goes to georgeob1, coldjoint, Finn d'Abuzz, and our other conservative friends.
ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:06 am
I read last evening that Hillary Clinton is in favor of making changes in the NSA (no link). Good, then. My problem with her - aside from her being quite to the right of my views a lot of the time - is that I think she says what she says for political reasons, whatever the subject. So, of course, do many politicians, but I've long thought this about her and take it as a primary mode.
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:32 am
@DarkCrow,
She already has great funding! She'd be great. Her husband has her all lined up with the corporation who can fund her through any scandal or actually competent opponent.
http://www.infowars.com/how-did-barack-obama-become-monsantos-man-in-washington/
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:35 am
@georgeob1,
Obama is leading the poisoning of the world. Effing with traffic doesn't even show up on the radar next to Obama's crimes.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:41 am
@Thomas,
Since osso is likely to vote for whomever the Democrat candidate is in 2016, I would like to see her organize a movement to draft Jesse Jackson Jr. as I'm sure he's too modest to make a bid on his own.

Since she believes she is to the left of Hillary Clinton then Elizabeth Warren seems her best option. She could consider the oily Martin O'Malley of Maryland, but osso is essentially a very nice person and O'Malley is a nasty piece of work.

Limiting the field to people who are believed to have an interest and a chance, I would hope osso threw her support to Mark Warner.

If she prefers a female candidate, Amy Klobuchar.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 08:46 am
@Lash,
Lash wrote:

She'd be great.

You're being sarcastic...right?
Frank Apisa

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:31 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

When you can not win the war of ideas, the only option the ignorant have is personal attacks. Edgar and Frank are perfect examples of that. So they will continue to make noise...like crickets in the night.

Where have I made a "personal attack" on your or Finn?

I have not!

Actually, you are making personal attacks.

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:31 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
DRIPPING with sarcasm.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:34 am
@ossobuco,
Obama was in favor of stopping governmental spying on citizens, but he increased it. He was in favor of closing Gitmo, but he didn't. He was in fvor of labeling our food, but he signed the Monsanto Protection Act and supports that corporation over us.

Don't ever vote based on what they say they'll do.

Vote on what they've already done.
coldjoint

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:37 am
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
I have not!
http://www.acidpulse.net/images/smilies/frantic.gif
Lash

Reply Wed 18 Jun, 2014 09:41 am
@woiyo,
Undeniable.
0 Replies