For the dems, who is there besides Hillary?

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:15 pm
@woiyo,
Christie? - He he He he. He he. He he. He he he he he he he he he
Please stop.
georgeob1

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:33 pm
@Ragman,
Ragman wrote:

You think with his baggage Christie would be a viable candidate for President? What are you smoking? He couldn't get elected as dog-catcher never mind as President or to Congress...after this bridge fiasco in NJ. Whether or not anyone believes his version of what happened during the Bridge-gate, he has so much heavy baggage about his style of (mis-)management, Repugs would not be well-advised to put him up as a candidate.

I think Christie looks pretty good compared to the last two governors of New Jersey .

There is something seriously comical about the tempest in the teapot over the congestion at the Ft Lee exit ramp from the GW Bridge.
Advocate

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:46 pm
@georgeob1,
Tempest in a teapot!!!!!!! Too funny!

Don't forget about the alleged serious Christie corruption in connection with Hoboken. The authorities are taking a serious look at that, which may amount to much more than bridgegate.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 12:58 pm
@georgeob1,
georgeob1 wrote:

Ragman wrote:

You think with his baggage Christie would be a viable candidate for President? What are you smoking? He couldn't get elected as dog-catcher never mind as President or to Congress...after this bridge fiasco in NJ. Whether or not anyone believes his version of what happened during the Bridge-gate, he has so much heavy baggage about his style of (mis-)management, Repugs would not be well-advised to put him up as a candidate.

I think Christie looks pretty good compared to the last two governors of New Jersey .

There is something seriously comical about the tempest in the teapot over the congestion at the Ft Lee exit ramp from the GW Bridge.

A teapot to you. Death for her.

Christie's Bridge-gate traffic prevents paramedics from ...
► 1:03► 1:03
www.dailymail.co.uk/.../Paramedics-dela...
Daily Mail
Jan 9, 2014
... 91, who died after paramedics were delayed by Christie bridge scandal ... The original old time people from this neighborhood, they all stay.
Chris Christie
woiyo

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:14 pm
@edgarblythe,
Christie handled that situation as a leader should. He did not quit or make excuses. Obviously, most of you have no concept of what leadership means. No one is perfect. It is how you handle adversity that makes you a leader. Hillary is no leader, never was and never could be.

Christie is.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:48 pm
@woiyo,
He handled it the way a mafia or something would. That's real classy, but at least one person died and it's directly him to blame.
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 01:53 pm
Presidents who've impressed me have been Ronnie Reagan because he was a straight-talking regular guy with none of that BS you get from most politicians.
Nixon was okay too, he had the guts to end the Nam war.
I liked GW Bush too, for example after 9/11 he said- "A soft line against terror is not gonna happen on my watch", and went into the mideast shooting from the hip.
Obama is too much of a wimp for me, he admitted he doesn't want to defeat the Taliban in Afgh, and he also did nothing about the Benghazi fiasco.
More recently he wanted to bomb Syrian chemical gas factories but chickened.
0 Replies

RABEL222

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 02:17 pm
@edgarblythe,
Lordy, lordy I do hope they run him for president, and Sarah as vice.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2014 02:33 pm
@edgarblythe,
First of all your link to Mail Online results in this headline

Quote:
The look of love: William steals a glance at Kate as she proudly watches him take part in the traditional Order of the Garter service (but poor Camilla has to stay at home with sinusitis)

Christie was responsible for Camila's sinusitis?

Secondly, you seem to be more outraged that the woman's daughter.

Quote:
Her daughter told CNN affiliate WABC that she didn't believe the traffic trouble was a factor in Florence Genova's death.
"I really don't think so, no, I really don't. I think she was 91 and really believe in my heart that she was already gone when the ambulance got (to her house)," Vilma Oleri told the station.

Vilma must be a "tea-bagger." You know how they are so heartless that they will excuse a conservative politician for anything...even the death of their mother.

source

The EMS coordinator arrived at the scene seven minutes after receiving the call. He says he should have arrived there in less than four, and so by these numbers the response time was caused to be "doubled." I'm not sure how he knows he should have arrived in less than four minutes, but if his vehicle came upon traffic, it's reasonable to assume the traffic resulted in a delay of minutes..

I appreciate that in a medical crisis, every second can count, but I have seen no evidence that if the man had gotten there in 3 minutes and 30 seconds rather than seven that the life of the 91 year old woman would have been saved. Without such evidence, a statement that the traffic was responsible for her death, let alone Christie, is pure conjecture. Projecting her death on Christie is, at least, irresponsible.

But then you probably think that Romney is responsible for the cancer death of the laid of Bain Capital worker who was featured in the pro-Obama commercial.

Thirdly, no proof that Christie ordered the traffic snarl or knew of the plan before it was launched. It hasn't been adjudicated in any legal or official forum that he ordered the action or knew of it in advance. Are you one of those liberals who don't believe in "innocent until proven guilty?"

Fourthly, he fired the staffer who was responsible for the action, withdrew his political support from the other mastermind who was someone he could not fire, and he personally apologized to the Democrat who was the target of the political payback scheme.

I don't know what else he could be reasonably expected to do although I can imagine that his political opponents and those who despise him for his politics would have loved to see him resign.

Compare his response to this one scandal to Obama's responses to numerous scandals.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 05:58 am
@edgarblythe,
You're are clueless to the actual facts. What scares me most about folks like you is you actually have been so brainwashed, you now have no idea of what leadership means or how real leaders act.
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:01 am
@woiyo,
Thanks for that sparkling example of irony!
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:15 am
@Ragman,
Other than being glib, I'n not sure what this comment is all about.

Do you think edgar is fully in touch with the facts of this matter?

In which leader should Woiyo recognize true leadership - Obama?
Ragman

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 06:27 am
@Finn dAbuzz,
Edgar expressed his opinion, I support that. My opinion of Christie's behavior as a leader is that Christie mishandled his power as Governor. In that sense I am in agreement. Many people rightly so, have the opinion based on several reported incidences, that Christie bullied his staff.

However, more importantly, his staff may have acted criminally with creating an artificial traffic blockage, which 'may have contributed to the death of an at-risk individual. That patient who died should've had the right to a speedy trip to the facility...at least not a trip that was blocked up due to the whim of some staff members who wanted political retribution to political municipality next-door. His staff took that chance away or greatly reduced the likelihood of being treated on time. I surely would've gone nuts if it was my relative.

He created the poor working atmosphere in his staff...that encouraged a 'win at all costs', regardless to the damage to the public.

That being said about staff, he created that atmosphere in his staff (poor hiring, poor vetting, mismanaging and monitoring of staff effectiveness and ethics) . This poisonous atmosphere is part of what makes a political candidate a bad choice.

Do you have any facts to the contrary? Do you live in NJ where this occurred? Did you even closely follow the events any more than a casual read of some national news article?

As for which leader. I choose "D, None of the Above", at this point in time. Obama can not be a candidate for Prez, so any discussion of relative to the topic is a moot point and is a diversion.

I see no worthy candidate on the scene from any of the political parties.
woiyo

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 08:08 am
@Ragman,
As usual, you take one situation and broadly based Christie's "management style" on that incident. He did not bully his staff, he ordered his staff to tell the truth about how THEY betrayed the public trust relative to Bridgegate. Christie gave NO ORDER to ANYONE to initiate Bridgegate and he did not cover it up. That is leadership.

Christie also displays his leadership in how he is able to work with the NJ State Reps to reach compromise that has improved the States finances. Christie showed leadership in handling Sandy by working with the Feds to get help to the victims as soon as possible.

He is not perfect. Yet, he shows he is not afraid to tell the trust and will stand up for his actions. There is no current politician in either party that I know of that has these qualities.

I do know the Hillary does not possess ANY of these qualities.

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 08:46 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

As usual, you take one situation and broadly based Christie's "management style" on that incident. He did not bully his staff, he ordered his staff to tell the truth about how THEY betrayed the public trust relative to Bridgegate. Christie gave NO ORDER to ANYONE to initiate Bridgegate and he did not cover it up. That is leadership.

Christie also displays his leadership in how he is able to work with the NJ State Reps to reach compromise that has improved the States finances. Christie showed leadership in handling Sandy by working with the Feds to get help to the victims as soon as possible.

He is not perfect. Yet, he shows he is not afraid to tell the trust and will stand up for his actions. There is no current politician in either party that I know of that has these qualities.

I do know the Hillary does not possess ANY of these qualities.

He is not perfect!

He is not even remotely close to perfect, woiyo. He is not even adequate. He is one of the worst things ever to happen to New Jersey...and we have had some really piss poor governors.

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 09:55 am
@Ragman,
Edgar's "opinion" is that Christie is directly responsible for the woman's death.

I expect you to "support" all of edgar's opinions, but do you agree with it, and more importantly do you believe edgar has offered any credible evidence that it is true?

If his staff acted criminally in creating the traffic blockage, and the traffic blockage led to the woman's death, they would be directly responsible for her demise. It's fairly clear that a member of his staff and an outsider, together, were responsible for cooking up and ultimately implementing the traffic stunt as political retribution. I'm sure they weren't hoping someone would die as a result but their disregard for the possible significant consequences of the stunt were certainly callous. It was a reprehensible action that can't be defended, which neither Woiyo or I have done.

The question of whether or not the woman died as a result of the traffic has not been answered and I am unaware of any official attempt to do so (if one was even possible). Her daughter doesn't believe it contributed to her death, but what would she know? She obviously doesn't share your trigger for outrage. Care to criticize her?

So any claim that the traffic contributed to the woman's death is speculation as is that Christie himself was involved in the decision to pull the stunt, whether in thinking it up, planning and executing it, or approving it. Speculation which has yet to be proven although it is widely used in criticizing Christie. The latter criticism is fine, it's a common practice by both sides of the political spectrum, but to blame Christie for the death of the woman goes too far.

From what I have read about the Christie administration there are opinions on both sides concerning the atmosphere he has created and the quality and management of his staff. I have seen no evidence that his staff and the atmosphere in which they operate is as bad as you suggest, but if you have some, please share.

Having said this there is truth in the argument that staffs often follow the lead they believe their boss has set. Whether or not this is the case with this incident, I can't say with certainty, and I doubt you or edgar can either. If Christie didn't, he should have made it clear to his staff that he wouldn't tolerate this sort of crap. Political retribution is one thing, it happens in every government, but pay back that has an impact on the public is unacceptable. Perhaps he did make this message loud and clear and the staffer chose not to follow it. Such things happen. Or perhaps he didn't and she assumed he would find the stunt a neat way of getting back at a political enemy. I don't know. Do you?

As for whether or not I live in NJ, that makes a very small difference to this topic, and is a rather lame argument to make. Neither edgar or you live in New Jersey. Will you now recuse yourself from any discussion concerning this matter or any that doesn't originate within the broadcast or circulation radii of your local network affiliates or newspapers? Certainly folks who live close to the location of a story have the opportunity to benefit from more focused and persistent coverage, but that, of course, doesn't mean they do. Nor does it mean that their opinions are likely to be correct since it is a sure bet that within their locale there are plenty of other residents with opposite opinions.

A comparison between how Christie has responded to this scandal and how Obama has responded to his scandals is relevant for two reasons.

1) Any assessment of how Christie has responded requires something with which to compare his response. This can be a conceptual notion of what the response should be and/or prominent or prevalent examples of responses to similar situations. Obama's response are both prominent and prevalent

2) The objectivity of an individual's assessment of a leader can be determined by whether or not they assess the same practice, or behaviors consistently, and particularly when the two leaders are of different political parties. In this case, the responses are clearly not the same, and so approving one and rejecting the other, when the one rejected matches most conceptual notions of what the response should be and the approved one does not, shreds any claim to objectivity in the individual’s assessment

0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:30 am
@Frank Apisa,
Well Frank, you can scream from the rooftops all you want. Yet unless you can describe why he is "not even adequate" and then tell us who your preference is besides Hillary, you are just making noise, like crickets in the night.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:33 am
@woiyo,
Very loud crickets.
0 Replies

Frank Apisa

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 10:54 am
@woiyo,
woiyo wrote:

Well Frank, you can scream from the rooftops all you want. Yet unless you can describe why he is "not even adequate" and then tell us who your preference is besides Hillary, you are just making noise, like crickets in the night.

Really?

In other words, I do not have the right to consider him "not even adequate"...because...???

In any case, I'd love the chance to vote for Hillary...I just do not think she will run. I think she realizes that American politics is broken...and just will not run.

If I am mistaken...I will vote for her in a heartbeat.

No crickets, Woiyo.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2014 11:52 am
@woiyo,
That statement makes me think of you as a stupid ****, for the first time ever. I have often disagreed with you - Your partisanship has got you being stupid.