What is your religion and why do you think that yours is right

Sat 31 May, 2014 11:00 pm
Why do you think that your religion is right and everyone else's is wrong. I'm a Christian and I believe Jesus died for us on the cross so that our sins can be forgiven and who ever gives his life to Jesus shall live for eternity of course in heaven.

raprap

Sat 31 May, 2014 11:14 pm
@mizztaurus86,
It's very simple--

http://pix.alaporte.net/pub/d/37976-1/My+God+Can+Beat+Up+Your+God.jpg

Rap
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 12:47 am
Christianity is the only right religion because it has Jesus the Son of God himself as its central core..Smile

Islam - doesn't
Judaism - doesn't
Sikhism - doesn't
Buddhism - doesn't
Hinduism - doesn't
Spiritism - doesn't
Bahai - doesn't
Jainism - doesn't
Shinto - doesn't
Taoism - doesn't
Zoroastanism - doesn't
Paganism - doesn't
Rastafarianism - doesn't
Scientology - doesn't
Chinese traditional - doesn't
African tribal - doesn't
Cao Dai - doesn't
Tenrikyo - doesn't
New Age - doesn't
Unitarian - doesn't
Native American - doesn't
Fairy-worshipping cults etc - don't
neologist

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 12:49 am
@mizztaurus86,
Welcome to the forum, mizz.
It's a fine place to exchange ideas, so long as you are willing to face spaghetteists with a straight face.
Herald

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 12:52 am
@mizztaurus86,
mizztaurus86 wrote:
Why do you think that your religion is right and everyone else's is wrong.

Yes, and Believe is the exact word. Whether it is or it is not actually is another issue.
I am agnostic for I believe that we is missing key information to understand the world.
Besides that I believe that there is some cross-cultural misunderstanding about all that Jesus story and the prophets ... 2014 years ago.
I believe that if God exists and wants to communicate with us, we personally are not at that level of management of the world to speak and contact with Him personally. If there has been any message from God, it should concern us all, as mankind, as human species - this is the lowest level at which God would communicate if He is that what the religions are presenting Him to be.
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:03 am
Quote:
Herald said: If there has been any message from God, it should concern us all, as mankind, as human species

He gave mankind plenty of messages delivered through the prophets and Jesus..Smile
Try this one- "The time has come for judging the dead.. and for destroying those who destroy the earth" (Revelation 11:18 )
Herald

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
He gave mankind plenty of messages delivered through the prophets and Jesus..Smile

Do you really think that this is the original message of God:
     "Believe on the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved--you and your household."

or perhaps this one:
     If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

... or maybe this one:
     In the Bible God gives us the plan of how to be born again which means to be saved. His plan is simple! You can be saved today. How?
First, my friend, you must realize you are a sinner. “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
Because you are a sinner, you are condemned to death. “For the wages [payment] of sin is death” (Romans 6:23). This includes eternal separation from God in Hell.
“ . . . it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
But God loved you so much He gave His only begotten Son, Jesus, to bear your sin and die in your place. “ . . . He hath made Him [Jesus, Who knew no sin] to be sin for us . . . that we might be made the righteousness of God in Him” (2 Corinthians 5:21).
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:33 am
The message is simple:- repent and give up nasty ways, then you'll have a chance of making it through the pearlies..Smile
Herald

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 03:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Romeo Fabulini wrote:
The message is simple:- ...

Oh, no, the message is not that simple ... at all.

1. We don't know what 'salvation' is, and to whom it is ... and why is God concerned to save us from ourselves at all.
Is it Me personally that will be saved after life ... and where and how, or does this concern some religious community, or is this about the continuity of our species, ... or what? ... and who is God and why should He be concerned about us? ... if we are dangerous to ourselves and to our planet and to our future as species ... where is the risk analysis and who is supposed to make it?

2. We don't have appropriate definition for 'repent'.
Suppose somebody has been practicing breaching of law and morality through all his life, and in the end, at the age of 95.5 he repents, just before death, and vice verse, somebody repents at the age of 18 and until 95 he is functioning in benefit of society and of mankind - where is the logic to provide salvation to both ... equally? Where is the logic justifying repenting even before death to concealing the sins and taking them into the grave? Who will benefit from such repenting?

3. RE: 'and give up nasty ways'
All this thing about nasty ways and morality are very relative. To some people misuse with the financial system to infinity is absolutely moral (so far you can make it and if you are on the right side of the market), and to some others it is nasty way to handle the world economy.

4. You'll have the chance
Who is that 'You' - is it Me, as a natural person, We as Christians, or We as human species?

Nothing with the religion is that simple.
raprap

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:37 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
A closed mind is a terrible thing particularly when it is used to paint everything black Romero--I would hate to live in the hell of your rather small and dark room for the rest of whatever.

Romeo wrote:
Christianity is the only right religion because it has Jesus the Son of God himself as its central core

And then you wrote your rather exclusive list.

BTW Islam considers Jesus as a profit of Gawd and some Deist Unitarians and New Agers are considered followers of Christian philosophy and accept him as a personal saviour.

Perhaps it is because the religions you listed don't explicitly consider the Council of Nicea and the Trinity as a central tenet that make them persona non-grata in that dark little room that you consider an acceptable faith. A Nicean tenet that was written by mere men centuries after the claimed ascension.

Fortunately the tenets of the lessons of that Assyrian Jew Rebbi of two millenia ago have provided a much bigger room than the one you profess as a a true religion. Romeo, IMHO you are a Christian in name only, as you obviously haven't taken the basic tenets of that Jewish Rebbi to heart.

Read some Chesterton before you say repeat making stupid statements.

Rap
raprap

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:40 am
@neologist,
In other words it is acceptable to exchange ideas so long as the ideas are the same as yours.

Nice to see that you've managed to make your Christian tent very very small.

Rap

djjd62

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 07:18 am
this best sums up my entire belief system

http://www.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/is_nothing_sacred.jpg
Miller

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 07:28 am
@Romeo Fabulini,
Do prophets read minds?
0 Replies

djjd62

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 07:31 am
@djjd62,
oh, and the answer to the question the picture poses is.....

no, nothing is sacred
0 Replies

Setanta

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 10:31 am
My religion is anarchism. I am opposed to all forms of authoritarianism, including enforced anti-athoritarianism.
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 11:52 am
Me? I'm a Sixth Day Buttock Cleavageist.

Every Saturday I spend the day looking out for untucked women bending over in supermarkets.
Herald

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 12:23 pm
@raprap,
raprap wrote:
... in that dark little room that you consider an acceptable faith.

Yes, the religion sets up some constraints on morality and social behaviour ... so what. One cannot live in society without taking into account the people around him (social constraints).
Obviously the Christian religion is too narrow(-minded) for your wide understanding of the world. Why don't you tell us what it actually is?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:17 pm
Quote:
Herald said: Oh, no, the message is not that simple ... at all.

Okay let me put it another way- Jesus wants PALS just like he said..Smile

"You're my friends if you follow me. I don't call you servants, but I call you friends"- (John 15:15)
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-friends.gif
djjd62

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:21 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/jesus-friends.gif

cool, Dan Haggerty and Steve McQueen
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Sun 1 Jun, 2014 01:21 pm
Quote:
Raprap said to me: - that dark little room that you consider an acceptable faith

Which bit of this do you think is dark and unacceptable mate?-

"Love one another, feed the hungry, house the homeless, clothe the destitute, tend the sick, visit the prisoners, look after the poor"- Jesus of Nazareth (Mark 12:30, John 13:34, Matt 25: 37-40)
0 Replies