• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 6 • Views: 2,236 • Replies: 16
No top replies

View best answer, chosen by magdo
Romeo Fabulini

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 01:52 pm
I suppose the spirit is in every part of the body at the same time, just like electricity is all over computers and TVs making them go
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
@magdo,
Maybe the spirit is your willingness to have courage and overcome odds. Maybe it's a part of your personality.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 06:32 pm
@magdo,
Strange as this may seem, I'd have to agree with Romeo.
In the Bible, spirit (Hebrew, ruah; Greek, pneuma) is your vital force. Not to be confused with your soul, (Hebrew, nephesh; Greek, psyche) what you are as a person.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:14 pm
@magdo,
Quote:
Where is the spirit in the body?
Where is the radio wave in the radio ???
0 Replies

igoogleu

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 07:50 pm
@neologist,
Quote:
Strange as this may seem, I'd have to agree with Romeo.
In the Bible, spirit (Hebrew, ruah; Greek, pneuma) is your vital force. Not to be confused with your soul, (Hebrew, nephesh; Greek, psyche) what you are as a person.

Shocked Shocked Shocked
0 Replies

hassanelagouz
  Selected Answer

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 09:48 pm
The spirit is the secret, by which man is alive, acts, sees, hears, moves, learns and works, if the soul leaves the body partially, most human body’s systems stop and only few ones continue working to keep his life like the heart and respiratory system, this happens when man is asleep, but if the soul leaves the body totally, all human body’s systems stop and man dies.
In spite of this great importance of the spirit, modern technology, scientists, wise people, philosophers and others are unable to realize the fact of the spirit and even its place in the human body.
We can say that the spirit is from abstract divine facts that we can realize its effects but we can’t realize its real being. As man is alive and can move then this is the evidence that the soul is inside him, when his systems and organs stop working and he can’t move then this means that his spirit left, but what does it look like? What is its nature? And where is it in the human body? This is only known by its creator, so the Koran says:
“They ask you concerning the Spirit (of inspiration). Say: "The Spirit (comes) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)" Surat Al-Israa’, Verse 85.
We can see examples of the spirit from tangible life and our invisible world too. In tangible life we see the effect of electricity when we run machines or light the bulbs but no one can see electricity itself. In invisible or abstract world we see the effect of love and hatred in people’s behaviors but we can’t see them actually.
Then the spirit is a hidden secret that means life to man as this secret is from God, He says:
“And breathed into him of My spirit,” Surat Saad, Verse 72.
So it is a luminous fact not seen by apparent organs or tangible machines, imam Abul-Aza’em says about this: (The spirit is the picture of its Lord and its innovator, how can my body recognize it? If higher angels see its lights, they will fall prostrating for it longing for my grants. If the spirit appears when it is clear to the universe for a breath, it can hide it by its luminosity.)
0 Replies

Germlat

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:09 am
@neologist,
What is the difference between soul and spirit in your view?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:20 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:

I can imagine this is a wickedly awesome joke! Can't wait for the dirty punchline!
0 Replies

Lordyaswas

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:21 am
@magdo,
Hip flask. Back pocket.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 06:24 am
@Lordyaswas,
You beat me too it. To quote Sir Henry Rawlinson, "After life, after shave, don't believe in any of it," (addressing a bottle of gin. " These are the only spirits I want tormenting my body."
neologist

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 10:28 am
@Germlat,
Germlat wrote:
The soul is you. The spirit is the force keeping you alive.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 11:58 am
@izzythepush,
There are guys who have left their human bodies, in their spirits,
(i.e., their conscious minds) and returned and told us of their adventures.
I am among them, tho my adventures be modest.
We have no reason to practice deception.

The error is one of mistaken identity:
the thing that is thrown in the ground and covered with dirt is NOT the person.

David
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 12:55 pm
Under your left tit . . .
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 01:08 pm
@neologist,

Germlat wrote:
neologist wrote:
Have u evidence of any distinction between the 2 ?
neologist

Reply Tue 18 Mar, 2014 07:05 pm
@OmSigDAVID,
Germlat wrote:
neologist wrote:
OmSigDAVID wrote:
Have u evidence of any distinction between the 2 ?
I refer you to the post a few inches up the page. http://able2know.org/topic/238175-1#post-5609968
randomuseruc

Reply Sat 22 Mar, 2014 02:08 am
@neologist,
Spirit, is Soul.

Body, is **** we live in.
0 Replies