What are you proud of you have never done?

George

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:24 pm
@Setanta,
I've never eaten a Japanese breakfast.
Can't really say I'm proud of it.
I had the opportunity, but nothing there looked breakfasty.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:34 pm
We used to get a Korean breakfast--minced veggies and rocket fuel peppers mixed in a steamed sticky rice ball. Then they spread a whipped egg on a grill just long enough for one side to cook, then wrap it around the hot, hot, hot rice ball to finish cooking, put it in a bowl, which they hand you with some chop sticks--provided you've paid for it, of course. The only street stand breakfast i've ever seen.
George

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:53 pm
@Setanta,
I wouldn't eat that if I had a morning meeting scheduled.
0 Replies

George

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:55 pm
I've never played golf.
I mean real golf, not miniature golf -- I've done that.

I struggle to explain why I'm proud of that, but I am.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 03:59 pm
@Setanta,
I've never passed up a beer. . . . Unless it's a lite beer . . . . But that's not really beer, right?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 26 May, 2014 04:02 pm
I still am struggling to figure out what of the many items I haven't done are something I'm proud of.

Some things I haven't done are just obvious - people differ in skills and interests, I generally don't resent people who are good at skydiving, physics in general, or snowboarding.

I never voted for Pinochet, but nobody asked me to, since I'm not chilean.

I've never eaten that smelly fruit, Durian, but I hear it's good if you can manage the tasting. I might try it on the right occasion, but those occasions don't show up here.

Ok, I got it - I'm proud I never caught a cruise on a gigantic hotel on the sea, to anywhere ever, especially never one throwing the Venice, Italy channel cattywampus.
0 Replies

annarachel

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:27 am
@Linkat,
I never cheated anyone
Setanta

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:34 am
I never entered, or even thought about going to a disco tech . . .
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:48 am
@annarachel,
....but the question is...have you ever spammed someone?
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 09:45 pm
Thread title: What are you proud of you have never done?

Well a prostitute once came knocking my door at 4 in the morning looking for comfort after a client beat her up, so I gave her a cup of tea and a sandwich and let her have my bed.
"You can get in with me if you like" she said in a sweet little voice, but I made some excuse not to and slept on the couch.
So I suppose I'm proud of resisting the temptation, but the downside is I realised afterwards that she needed comforting, so I should have at least laid next to her fully clothed with my arm around her til she dropped off to sleep.
So in that sense I let her down and I'm not proud of that.
Huh, a fine "guardian angel" I'd make, NOT!

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/arms-angelB_zps33689991.jpg~original

0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Wed 28 May, 2014 10:08 pm
I've never believed a thing Romeo posts.
neologist

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 12:49 am
@glitterbag,
I thought the story touching
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 01:59 pm
Topic title: What are you proud of you have never done?

Well another dilemma I faced was when a little girl neighbour told her parents that a male teacher at school had touched her "down there", but the parents decided to hush it up and let it go. The girl was too young to realise it was serious and regarded it as a joke, so obviously they didn't want to officially complain which would have put the girl through police and courtroom questioning which might have mentally scarred her.

But I didn't like the idea of the teacher getting off scot-free to do it to other kids, so I wrote to the headmistress (without mentioning the girl's name) just to at least let her know what had gone on.
A few months later the school was closed down and turned into a local community centre, I don't know if my letter forced an internal investigation or what.
So I'm proud of getting the school closed, but at the same time I'm not proud of the fact that I didn't tell the police.
I mean, even though the school closed, the teacher might simply have gone to another school, but if I'd told the police, maybe they'd have hauled him in for questioning and at least have put a scare into him.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 05:21 pm
A true hero.
0 Replies

panzade

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 05:25 pm
@glitterbag,
Me either and the "creepy" quotient is telling me to fold up this thread
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 07:32 pm
Well, I never.....
roger

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 10:11 pm
@neologist,
Neither did I.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 29 May, 2014 10:15 pm
@neologist,
Obviously not, just that creepy vainglorious 'Romeo'
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 04:04 pm
Quote:
Jitterbug said: that creepy vainglorious 'Romeo'

Well let's see- I told how I rescued a prostitute, and I told how I got a peedo teacher's school closed down, so whose side are you on?
glitterbag

Reply Fri 30 May, 2014 04:51 pm
@Romeo Fabulini,
Terrific, you closed down the entire school and the pedophile probably just got a job at another school, and I'm sorry but I missed the part where you saved the prostitute by punching the client before he beat her. Bravo
0 Replies