How many pairs of shoes is enough for a woman?

Butrflynet
  Selected Answer

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:46 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Bullshit.

You just don't like the fact she leaves her stuff lying around.

If her shoes were put away, you wouldn't even know or care how many pair she has.

Ding, ding, ding!

We have a winner.

The problem isn't the shoes, the problem is your girlfriend is a slob and doesn't care about your request to keep things neat in your house. She is acting like a child and you'll need to approach this as you would with a child. Actions/lack of actions have consequences.

Get some boxes and tell her any shoes left out on the floor for more than 24 hours will be boxed up and taken to Goodwill.

The choice then becomes hers. Keep the shoes picked up, lose a large quantity of shoes to the Goodwill, or move out to her own place where she can be a slob and still date you.
cicerone imposter

@ehBeth,
You tagged it right; it's not about the shoes. There's something else going on that we're not privy to that's hidden from the OP.

Most people can navigate around "shoes" (or almost anything else) without any problems. There's something else going on. 2 Cents
0 Replies

ehBeth

@soundsighted,
Didn't you know about her sloppy shoe habits before she moved into your house?
chai2

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:47 pm
@soundsighted,
No you wouldn't, because your homeowners insurance covers that.

Now you're really reaching.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:49 pm
@Butrflynet,
Butrflynet wrote:

Get some boxes and tell her any shoes left out on the floor for more than 24 hours will be boxed up and taken to Goodwill.

this is whack.

people shouldn't speak to children like this let alone adult partners.
soundsighted

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:50 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
Didn't you know about her sloppy shoe habits before she moved into your house?

No, I honestly didn't.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:50 pm
@ehBeth,
That is nice, but most of us don't. I can easily get not liking shoes all over the place.

I can see a shoe hobby, contained. I don't get the dump on the poster by some.
0 Replies

soundsighted

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:53 pm
@Butrflynet,
Quote:

I honestly wouldn't have thought of this. I think it would be hard to do. I think she'll take it badly. Maybe we would even break up, but you're right. I can't let her walk all over me. No woman respects a pushover.
Pearlylustre

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:54 pm
@soundsighted,
I don't think she qualifies as a hoarder and I don't think it's the number of shoes she has that is the problem as long as she can afford them, though personally I think it's a ridiculous number. The problem is her being slack and leaving them around everywhere . She's created friction in your relationship with something that could be simply fixed by just putting them away.
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:54 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

Butrflynet wrote:

this is whack.

people shouldn't speak to children like this let alone adult partners.

Especially when she could have thousands invested, and would need to replace a lot of them.

I have a strange feeling this is a strategy this guy would employ.
0 Replies

soundsighted

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:55 pm
@Butrflynet,
fuckin' shoes. Never thought I'd break up with somebody over shoes, but I guess it's come to this. Love her, but this is bullshit and it's gotta stop.
ehBeth

Sat 17 May, 2014 09:57 pm
@soundsighted,
soundsighted wrote:
I bought her a huge fuckin' rack for them, but she just leaves them all over the floor instead, and it's MY house.

So - here's the thing. She doesn't have an abnormal number of pairs of shoes. She IS a slob. You've tried to make the shoe mess less of a mess by getting her a shoe rack. She won't use the shoe rack.

Do you tell her it's YOUR house when you argue about the shoes?

Not using the available rack seems odd to me - I wonder if it's a reaction to the arguing and possibly your emphasis on it being your house.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:00 pm
@soundsighted,
soundsighted wrote:
I can't let her walk all over me. No woman respects a pushover.

let's just say that taking bflynet's suggestion won't get you any more respect from anyone except possibly some bachelor drinking buddies
0 Replies

chai2

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:01 pm
@soundsighted,
soundsighted wrote:

fuckin' shoes. Never thought I'd break up with somebody over shoes, but I guess it's come to this. Love her, but this is bullshit and it's gotta stop.

Rolling Eyes

Well, better you break up over shoes than something like children, infidelity or finding out your partner is a murderer.

It's what separates the men from the boys.
ehBeth

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:07 pm
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

It's what separates the men from the boys.

ah geez - get a gander at his other threads

she'll be well rid of him
0 Replies

ossobuco

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:12 pm
@soundsighted,
That is 216 shoes. I am fond of shoes myself, but this is ridiculous.

I once lived for a short time, long story, in a house where the guy had lived before he and his lover/mate put a bid on the place I was renting. That was just before I bought another place. He was a collector. He had a baseball card room, and the bathrooms were lined with shaving cream cans, and so on. The month or two I was there, I just lived in one bedroom and the kitchen. Dining room was olden beer cans/bottles, and so on. He did trust me, and vice versa.

That house was neat, as in tidy.

Of course he was nuts. I hope he is still doing well...
0 Replies

soundsighted

Sat 17 May, 2014 10:22 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
Well, better you break up over shoes than something like children, infidelity or finding out your partner is a murderer.

It starts small. "Give a mouse a cookie"

Drunk
0 Replies

nononono

Sun 18 May, 2014 12:01 am
@soundsighted,
Quote:
We get in arguments about this, but I feel she won't listen to reason. I also think she buys shoes in secret and doesn't tell me because she knows it irritates me..

This woman doesn't respect you.
0 Replies

neologist

Mon 19 May, 2014 07:49 pm
@cicerone imposter,
When did you last look in your wife's closet, CI? Laughing
0 Replies