How promiscuous are you?

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:55 pm
Has anyone checked out my huge pole lately?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 06:57 pm
How's it looking to you?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:04 pm
doglover - 4.5???
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:06 pm
oh my.
0 Replies

Sofia

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:13 pm
7, including husband (24 yrs) and one long term bf (4 yrs). 1 affair (6 months), 2 one timers, 1 FBuddy (4 years), 1 short term relationship (5 months).
0 Replies

JoanneDorel

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:16 pm
It seems some of us are honest at least. However pomiscuous might not be the best word. You know what I mean?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 07:37 pm
So I was 33 when I met my husband, in 1975.

Before that I had serious relationships which are still important in memory,
At some point (ok, 1972, a high time for women feeling their oats) I became what I would personally call promiscuous, it was about a year's worth of time, maybe less, but even at the height of that I said no quite a bit. Quietly resumed my more perspicacious self thereafter, since I had quickly gathered that sheer freedom in lust left me hanging around with strangers.. instead of experiencing intimacy becoming love, which always mattered, if not right that minute.

I am a personalized testimony to the fact that one can fool around and then be faithful for decades once one commits.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:14 pm
Sofia wrote:
7, including husband (24 yrs) and one long term bf (4 yrs). 1 affair (6 months), 2 one timers, 1 FBuddy (4 years), 1 short term relationship (5 months).
Shocked 5 months is a short-term relationship? Shocked

I've had one 7 year relationship, much earlier in life and didn't marry because I couldn't promise myself to be faithful. One 2 year relationship and one 1 year relationship... A couple dozen month'ers and have been the envy of single guys everywhere in between. A bit slutty at times, but cautious and I remain disease free! Oh ya, and one self imposed spell where I dated only me for about 6 months. I needed a break. Still waiting for Ms. Right.

Boy I disclose a lot on this site. I think I'll just send the next girl I really like to A2K so she can see who I am. Idea This place is becoming a retrospective diary of sorts.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 08:40 pm
Bill, I've thought the same thing about future boyfriends - go look on A2K to see what I'm all about....

I have had a few long dry spells. Inearly went 3 years without dating. I've gone a a year here and there without.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 11 May, 2004 09:45 pm
littlek wrote:
Bill, I've thought the same thing about future boyfriends - go look on A2K to see what I'm all about....
Well, Ok... but I'm going to need a picture too. :wink:

littlek wrote:
I have had a few long dry spells. Inearly went 3 years without dating. I've gone a a year here and there without.
Now that is just flat out amazing. My big mouth makes meeting people fairly easy for me, but I've always thought women simply needed to exist. You must be either very picky or very fed up with male BS... or both.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:01 am
I think there is a signal thing.

of course, I always become magnetic to every delightful man within miles as soon as I am in a relationship!!!!
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:16 am
That happens to us all bunny.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:23 am
dlowan wrote:
I think there is a signal thing.

of course, I always become magnetic to every delightful man within miles as soon as I am in a relationship!!!!

I'm hearing that Deb Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:24 am
O.B. you can be such a rogue... :wink:
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:34 am
samantha&angie wrote:
O.B. you can be such a rogue... :wink:

Delightful aren't I? Too bad you're a cat person. Mad Shocked Rolling Eyes Drunk Laughing

(I absolutely adore that second and fourth emoticon)
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 12:55 am
Yeah - it DOES happen to us all - I meant t write "one" instead of "I".

How does it work, though? What is it about an attached person that suddenly renders them irresistible - and not just to folk who KNOW - to random folk one meets?
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 01:05 am
OCCOM BILL wrote:
Delightful aren't I? Too bad you're a cat person. Mad Shocked Rolling Eyes Drunk Laughing

(I absolutely adore that second and fourth emoticon)

Ah yes, and Too bad YOU smoke cigars. :wink: Shocked Very Happy Cool
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 01:30 am
I have a few guesses, Deb.

1. Something in our eyes betrays that we are spoken for, and all people instinctually want what they cannot have.

2. Perhaps there is an absence of something needy in our eyes when we are attached... and of course there is nothing attractive about needy.

3. When attached, there is no pressure to be attractive, so we probably appear to have more confidence, which is, of course, attractive.

4. When attached, we are probably more comfortable in conversation, because there are less thoughts of conquest going through our minds. I seem to be able to measure the same effect to a lesser degree in business meetings since, there too; I'm usually not looking for a date.

I've also noticed that when single; women come in spurts... Meaning when I've just recently met a few attractive ladies, it seems I'm 5 times more likely to meet another. I believe it is for the same reasons.
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 01:32 am
Oh, stop it Samantha or Angie, I already explained....

Wait a minute. Samnatha and Angie? Shocked Perhaps I can look past the cat thing after all. :wink:
0 Replies

samantha n angie

Reply Wed 12 May, 2004 03:42 am
Yeah right-o, O.B. You can be incorrigible! Cool
0 Replies