Just finished worst first date ever

ehBeth

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:33 am
@Linkat,
I wondered about the varying ideas of what a hike is since he made reference to her having difficulty every kilometer or so and something about the uphill climb back to the car. A multi-kilometre hike with uphills might not have been a good idea for a first hike with someone he didn't really know much about yet.

She might have been like me and thought 5+ k was fine, or she might have been like a friend of mine who thinks 2 blocks in the city is an excessive distance for a walk/hike.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:37 am
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:

perhaps is just dumb on what hiking is.

I think she was talking about hiking up her pants.
0 Replies

Advocate

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 01:50 pm
I can remember several really bad dates that stand out in my memory. One pertains to my taking a cute and smart girl to a dance when I was about 17. All my friends were at the dance. A male acquaintance she had was there with some male friends. He proceeded to ask her to dance for most numbers, to which she happily agreed. I was pretty hurt and mortified. But I was foolish enough to politely drive her home after the dance. I often look back, wishing I told her to go home with her dance partner.
hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:01 pm
@Advocate,
I take it that an aversion to getting played by women eventually kicked in.....
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:15 pm
@hawkeye10,
So I guess if I had a bad date, it would be because I was playing the man. Rolling Eyes

The thing about bad dates is that is often gives you great stories to tell afterwards.

For every bad date a person has had, they have most likely been someone elses idea of a bad date. It all evens out.

Jeez, it's not like it kills you or anything. It's certainly an opportunity to learn something.
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:26 pm
@chai2,
I just remembered something.

One of the medical directors where I used to work (male) had noticied the new nurse practioner who was working in the acute program. He asked the managing nurse of the program to introduce them/set them up.

The manager (a friend of mine) arranged for a group of people to meet after hours for a few drinks, inviting the doc and the NP. The NP knew the doc had expressed interest, and was open to meeting him.

Well, my friend told me when everyone arrived, the doc immediately got enamoured with this different nurse (one with the exact opposite looks as his initial interest) He completely ignored the NP.
She wasn't upset, as she realized what an ass he was (he really was, the guy was a dip ****)

However, I heard the doc just couldn't understand why she wouldn't go out with him when he later asked her.

Talk about playing someone.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:32 pm
@chai2,
Quote:
So I guess if I had a bad date, it would be because I was playing the man

If you go with a guy to a dance and then spend the entire night dancing with someone else I am going to question the idea that you had a date. Likely you used a guy to get close to the guy you really wanted. This is cruelty to my mind.
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 02:36 pm
@hawkeye10,
hawkeye10 wrote:

Quote:
So I guess if I had a bad date, it would be because I was playing the man

If you go with a guy to a dance and then spend the entire night dancing with someone else I am going to question the idea that you had a date. Likely you used a guy to get close to the guy you really wanted. This is cruelty to my mind.

So would you agree in the story I related about the MD and the NP that he was playing her?

No, of course you won't.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:02 pm
Quote:
Just finished worst first date ever

and boy are my arms tired

wait, isn't this the "submit a punchline to the title" thread

my bad
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:08 pm
@djjd62,
That would probably be arm singular.
djjd62

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:08 pm
@chai2,
shhhhhh, i'm having an affair
chai2

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 03:10 pm
@djjd62,
I hope your left hand never finds out what your right hand is doing.
0 Replies