Just finished worst first date ever

inthewoods

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:07 pm
@Buttermilk,
Yeah, no.

Unfortunate, perhaps I would have been better informed.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:35 pm
@Buttermilk,
it's in the first post

they'd gone out for dinner and drinks sometime before the hiking date
0 Replies

sunyata

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:37 pm
you should hav left her fat ass in the woods.
and thrown a donkey punch in there
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 10:41 am
@inthewoods,
My one comment --- she will never put in hiking as an interest ever again.

No fault of yours -- she lied saying hiking was an interest, or perhaps stretched the truth -- maybe she likes hiking, but can't do it because she is so out of shape. She also could have declined the date if she really didn't hike, either say I have a bad knee and can't hike now or similar.

So you didn't ruin her mother's day -- she did.
Quote:

Yep everyone looks just a bit better when you are drinking.
Linkat

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 10:45 am
@roger,
Quote:
consider yourself lucky she didn't mention rock climbing

True you could have had a result like the Mambo...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view7/2452931/seinfeld-rock-climbing-o.gif
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 05:34 pm
how insensitive to the circumstance you have been. A hike for a first date!
chai2

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 06:20 pm
@BDV,
BDV wrote:

Why?
She had in her profile that was one of her interests. She could have suggested something else.
I'd like to do something like that on a first date, except I would want to do it in cold weather.

Besides, it wasn't their first date. They had drinks the night before.
chai2

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 06:23 pm
@chai2,
In any event, I don't think the OP has anything to feel guilty about.

I guess this woman thought it would sound good to put hiking in her profile, when she maybe she thought that meant walking around an air conditioned mall.

Sounds like someone who would put that they enjoy long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners....all those cliches.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 06:27 pm
@jespah,
jespah wrote:

... and you posted this here, uh, why, exactly?

Mistakes were made (on both sides). Maybe send her a text, at least ask if she's okay. Nothing more. Just, you know, the kind of thing a nice person would do. This is not you asking her out again or anything; it's you being nice.

after what she put him through he is supposed to make an effort to be nice to her??!!

no.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 06:30 pm
@BDV,
He thought, based on her own words, that he was catering to her interests.
roger

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 06:48 pm
@Lash,
Yeah. Most of them claim to be NASCAR fans. Black Flag on that one.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 07:21 pm
So, was this thread all about sunyata, the phantom?

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 07:36 pm
@Linkat,
Linkat wrote:
No fault of yours -- she lied saying hiking was an interest, or perhaps stretched the truth -- maybe she likes hiking, but can't do it because she is so out of shape.

or she has a really different perception of what hiking means than the OP

many years ago, an aunt and uncle visited the hamburgers. before they arrived, they told us that they really liked to go for long walks and often did so on their vacations. It turned out their idea of a long walk was about 1/20th of the distance usually covered by the hamburgers on their daily walks. They accused the hamburgers of trying to take them on forced marches Shocked . Their idea of a long walk was about 10 - 20 minutes of walking followed by a lonnnnnng stop at a coffee shop or maybe a nice meal at a restaurant - and then maybe another long Rolling Eyes walk.

They weren't lying. They just had a different idea of what a long walk was.

A similar thing came up here when I was planning a trip to NYC. I commented that the place I would be staying was walking distance to the Ferry docks. Kickycan objected vociferously - he pretty much told me it was impossible to walk that distance. errr no - I just had a different idea of walking distance than he did.
ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 07:48 pm
@ehBeth,
I don't do city walks now, but it wasn't so long ago, miles, that I did.

What can I say - do it, do it, do it while you can.

Dating? Well, if that works out, good.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 07:58 pm
@ehBeth,
I get you on that..

I still think this was a case of wishful thinking.
hawkeye10

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 08:04 pm
@ossobuco,
ossobuco wrote:

I get you on that..

I still think this was a case of wishful thinking.
Advertising the girl she aspires to be rather than who she is now.
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 08:56 pm
@ehBeth,
ehBeth wrote:

or she has a really different perception of what hiking means than the OP

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I've run the gamut with people from wanting to say "What's your rush?" to someone who thought it was amazing that I walked "all the way across" some plowed under cornfield, that was probably about 5 acres.
0 Replies

BDV

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 06:30 am
@Lash,
it does sound a bit weird, did he try asking her rather than relying on an online profile, conversation seems to be dead...... Strange thing is she still came and made an effort, maybe she use to hike allot but became outa shape sitting at her computer too long creating online profiles Smile
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:03 am
@BDV,
Quote:

It wasn't a first date -- and she said specifically that she enjoyed hiking. Actually it was in my opinion a thoughtful date to suggest something that someone is interested in. Personally, I would have loved a date of hiking and I actually had gone on a hiking date before. For someone that loves the outdoors and a bit of exercise it can be very romantic - you pack a back pack with a nice picnic and a little wine with a nice view - for a person that says they liked to hike it is a really nice date.

And he did tell her ahead of time the date was a hike so she had an out if she really did not want to go on a date of hiking.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Sun 18 May, 2014 09:14 am
@ehBeth,
Why I put in stretching the truth -- hiking is on the least extreme taking a walk in the woods on the other extreme - hiking up a mountain with possiblity of a rocking climb.

He stated he took her on a hike that he takes small children -- this would be lowest extreme ie a walk in the woods. Hiking is not walking in the mall or similar. Seems she lied at worst or stretched the truth at best or perhaps is just dumb on what hiking is.