chai2

Reply Sat 10 May, 2014 03:35 pm
@Buttermilk,
How does that answer David's question?
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:50 am
@chai2,
If you have to ask then perhaps you may not have gotten what I said....

By anyone in relation to this thread 1) and 2) would suffice as an answer.
sunyata

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 03:18 am
@Buttermilk,
ur using false cause logic
youth equates to fickleness not true.

“Of mankind we may say in general they are fickle, hypocritical, and greedy of gain.”machiavelli
Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 03:19 am
@sunyata,
ugh this thread....is....interesting
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:53 am
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

If you have to ask then perhaps you may not have gotten what I said....

By anyone in relation to this thread 1) and 2) would suffice as an answer.

I'm not going to waste my time going back and seeking your answer in all the pages of posts.

When someone asks a question, you answer it. Or at least quote where your answer was. That's common sense.

You honestly think this thread is of enough significance to even bother going back and reading past posts?
ehBeth

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 07:57 am
@chai2,
disagree
chai2

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:01 am
@ehBeth,
Which part?
0 Replies

Buttermilk

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 08:49 am
@chai2,
My last response in this thread because frankly I find the OP and the author suspect which I believe is the reason why the author hasn't responded back to the subsequent posts.

OmSigDAVID said:

"How can ANYONE know
the emotions of another person ?"

In reality we cannot know but in this particular thread based on the subject matter we can infer and discern whether certain emotions are the result of temporary feelings (crush, infatuation etc).

The OP said in the beginning:

"Please people if you can really help me. I'm a 16 year old girl in the state of Missouri and I go to a tech high school. There is this boy I met that was in my first after school class, 1 month later we started dating until now. I still love him till this day."

The word "love" is commonly used among pre and post teens and without discounting the sincerity of these feelings themselves I think it is common as we grow into adulthood our emotions are developing and during this development we tend to have crushes, infatuations and the like as if these emotions are in essence being in love. A lot of times boys and girls think they love someone because they have this attraction which is in essence in infatuation of the individual they desire and think it is love. A lot of young teens do not know what love is, and most certainly the kind of love shared between mature adults are certainly not the same as some teenagers.

Love is not simply about who gives you butterflies in your stomach, love is about shared responsibility and the upkeep of a stable and consistent relationship. Often times in high school, a simple disagreement, argument misunderstanding can change the entire dynamics of how someone may feel about a person. For example the Op further states:

" But the problem is, is that there is another boy in my classes at school, he’s the same age and loves to sing act and dance. AND this guy I'm REALLY falling for! His eyes are big like puppies, and he has these bone structured cheeks that makes you wanna kiss them in slow hot motion"/b]

Now I further emphasize my latter point in red

The above describes a crush based on some attractive features of another person and the OP, in place of the concept of crush they use love. No, its not love because mature love takes on a different meaning and it transcends physical features. This is why I consider the OP fickle because in the aforementioned, the OP went from loving one person to describing another person of similar feature and claims to be "falling for" another person. This is fickle behavior and although humans are fickle, pre-teens and post-teens are more fickle behavior their understanding about life is developing.

Most people are growing into their own and their emotions are developing so when I hear or in this case read a 16 year-old girl talk about love I have to question whether if they know what love means. Love is beyond describing how attractive a person is or how they make you feel. Is a 16 year old teenager ready to stay fall head over heels for some boy that gets into a severe accident and still love the same boy even with a severely disfigured face? Can it happen? Sure. Is it likely? No.

I make this opinion because I was once a teenager and shared the same feelings as the OP but then I grew up. My emotions matured and I carefully chose my words and discerned my feelings in accordance to the relationships I've built. I'm 32 yeard old now, so from the age of 16 to my age now, I've had 17 years of developing my feelings, not to mention the many experiences I've had and the lessons I've learned in my various encounters. This is why I call B.S to the OP because most teenagers haven't experienced the types of heartbreak many adults have went through nor are teenagers equipped to deal with the realities of life when heart break occurs.

This is why teenage love is fickle. A teenagers feelings are like a butterfly cocoon that is developing and molding until an appropriate time. This is not like the 20's 30's 40's and 50's where many Americans were marrying young. These are different times and the developments that happen today are based on our developing society. So again, what does a teenager know about loving two boths within months apart? Nothing but a simple high school crush.

Does this explain it now?
[/color]
chai2

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 12:54 pm
@Buttermilk,
Buttermilk wrote:

"How can ANYONE know

In reality we cannot know

That's as far as I needed to read, as I live in reality.
OmSigDAVID

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 04:02 pm
@chai2,

Buttermilk wrote:

"How can ANYONE know

In reality we cannot know
chai2 wrote:

That's as far as I needed to read, as I live in reality.
I wrote that question.

David
0 Replies

sunyata

Reply Sun 11 May, 2014 06:32 pm
@StarDanceGirl,
http://youtu.be/D2h4PhgobI8
0 Replies

StarDanceGirl

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 12:10 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Ill just put it this way. When me and my boyfriend plays together "rough tag" or "horse playing", he comes back at me later on when were making out, aggressive. He squeezes me hard, and pinches me, as though he is making me repay his pain in a sexual way. ALL I WANT IS A SINGLE ANSWER. WHICH ONE SHOULD I REALLY BE WITH. MY BF, OR MY LOVE?
StarDanceGirl

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 12:16 am
@chai2,
Why are you stating that I am drunk? Are you making me feel like a 2 headed horny creature searching for love I cant get, in way saying that Ill never find it?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 12 May, 2014 02:56 am
@StarDanceGirl,
Let's face facts. If you are 16, your own parents would tell you, neither. Study, work towards a life. Boys are boys.. They will always be there.

True or not?

I'll just put it this way... He's rough full stop, in games and in making out, he probably thinks you like it, he's repeating what he already does. And, I don't want to know about your sexual life, I mean you are 16 nor does anyone else.

You have the single answer, if you don't then you are too immature to answer it and nothing we can say will help you.

My Love? You don't even know him... someone said crush......I'm going to have to agree.

Study, get your life in order. That's my suggestion.
StarDanceGirl

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 10:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ok, let me just say one thing. STOP treating me like I'm immature, and concluding that I don't know the difference between getting away from a rough guy who might beat me up years later. Me and the other guy know each other very well. I'm just not sure if he really feels the way I feel about him. SCREW those who is saying that I am trying to fit in the adult world of mature psychology. And **** those who is just being a jerk, considering I live a stupid childhood claiming that they know me. All I'm trying to ask is if I should leave this dream boy alone, and continue with my boyfriend or strive for the one I hope into.
chai2

Reply Sat 17 May, 2014 11:02 pm
@StarDanceGirl,
Well that post was very mature.

In any event, if we don't know you, how do you expect us to tell you what to do about your dream boy.

We don't know, you'll have to figure it out for yourself.

That's a sign of maturity.
0 Replies