RainSoft water softener problems

robert Arriola

Fri 30 Jan, 2009 11:04 am
@buckeyekid,
do you know that you have 10 year waranty on the controls? log in there website go to conctact us. they will help you
H2O MAN

Fri 30 Jan, 2009 11:32 am
@robert Arriola,
There is plenty of information on RainSoft equipment available here.
http://www.rainsoftofhouston.com/rainsoft-manuals.html

0 Replies

thebrunan

Sun 1 Feb, 2009 10:32 am
@Pugama,
I have one also and agree on the ridiculous cost in thier service and parts prices.
Depending on your do-it yourself abilities and knowing what parts your looking for there are several places that sell parts(Still not Cheep). Look at the part and do a search with as mutch info as possible. Timer went bad on mine for it was a 24 V 60 hz 1/3 rpm little motor so I typed in the info and checked through a couple of places with more detail and there it was "Rainsoft Timer" $65 shipped. They also sold several other things Softenerparts.com.
0 Replies

thebrunan

Sun 1 Feb, 2009 10:39 am
@buckeyekid,
Salt is clogging up at the tank pick up tube or at the unit. Detatch Poly tube and try to blow though it from the unit to the brine tank. It should be Like blowing in a straw in a glass of water very little resistance. I took an Air tank and it cleared it out. You should clean your brine tank every so often and start fresh.
0 Replies

thebrunan

Sun 1 Feb, 2009 10:42 am
@Pugama,
It should be on the filter if it's a replacement type but I don't have that system.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:15 am

The best advise is not to buy RainSoft products and if you happen to own a RainSoft
system I advise you to replace it with a non-RainSoft system as soon as it breaks.
0 Replies

happycustomer

Mon 2 Feb, 2009 09:44 pm
@H2O MAN,
Don't go with ECOwater.
H2O MAN

Tue 3 Feb, 2009 06:40 am
@happycustomer,

If it fits your budget, ECOwater has the most advanced and reliable equipment available on the market.

0 Replies

EGV

Thu 5 Feb, 2009 09:03 am
@H2O MAN,
True, THD is RainSoft's #1 lead generation program. Dealers eat this up.

However, you are incorrect about the leasing of floor space. THD does not charge RS or their dealers for the positioning of the sidecap displays in the stores. They do, however, charge a small installation fee.

The THD program has been a huge success for THD and RS dealers, not so for RS corporate.
H2O MAN

Mon 16 Mar, 2009 12:12 pm
@EGV,
RainSoft THD program is somehow misleading the public into thinking THD is in bed with RainSoft.
It is my understanding that THD receives a fee for the floor space and every lead generated.
llowery

Wed 25 Mar, 2009 07:26 pm
@drblevins,
can you email me a copy of the manual, [email protected]
H2O MAN

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:29 am
@happycustomer,
happycustomer wrote:

Don't go with ECOwater.

Why not?
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Thu 26 Mar, 2009 05:30 am
@llowery,
llowery wrote:

can you email me a copy of the manual, [email protected]

What manual do you need?
0 Replies

tonewheel

Thu 30 Apr, 2009 09:29 pm
@H2O MAN,
Your understanding is incorrect. THD does not receive a fee of any kind for RainSoft display placements, table set ups, or any other in-store promotion.
Not sure what you mean by "in bed with RainSoft" and somehow misleading the public. Explain that, and I'd be happy to elaborate and educate.
H2O MAN

Fri 1 May, 2009 05:53 am
@tonewheel,

THD does receive financial compensation for participating in this lead generation program.

tonewheel, post some pictures of the displays, table set-ups and in-store
displays RainSoft has in THD and educate consumers on just how it all works.
Maybe you could post a copy of the written agreement between RS and THD...
Andy CWS

Sat 2 May, 2009 04:21 pm
@bigmamma,
What do you mean: not as good? Whatare you basing your conclusion on? What do you underastand a 'softener to be and what should it do?

Your question is vague and confusing.

andy
0 Replies

DrinkCleanNoww

Tue 5 May, 2009 02:37 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hi,
I have a rainsoft system in my house, I need to disconnect the system and reconnect the city water to the house. We are moving and I am going to put the softner system in the storage and the reverse osmosis system in the apartment.

Rainsoft is charging an arm and a leg, do you know anyone or anywhere I can go that will disconnect my water system?
EGV

Tue 5 May, 2009 02:55 pm
@H2O MAN,
I'd be curious to know as well what you mean by being In Bed With RainSoft.
EGV

Tue 5 May, 2009 02:57 pm
@bigmamma,
I'd be interested to view the information you uncovered that led you to that conclusion. Thanks.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Wed 6 May, 2009 08:49 pm
@bigmamma,

Did you know hard water can not be conditioned without using salt?

All water softeners use salt and Potassium/K-Life is a salt.
0 Replies