66

RainSoft water softener problems

Jerry Dean

1  
Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2014 04:04 pm
@gobansheego,
I recently bought a used EV4 50 CT Rainsoft system. I was hoping you might could assist me with programming the thing to get it to work. I had one at my old house and it worked great. However, the company went out of business and the folks that picked it up are lacking in customer service and I'm not convinced they know what they're doing. Can you help me with the start up?
mschohn

1  
Reply Fri 9 May, 2014 11:54 pm
@mfg324,
I am a customer. Only reason. Is they scared my 12 year old by telling her how bad the water was and could cause her harm my stupid ex bought it. I have gone through 3 dishwasher since i got it less then. 10 years dishes dont get clean every repair man has said it doesnt work still have hard water stains every where. Got sucked into the under cabnit reversed osmosis water thing what a waste and expenseive. Go to hard ware store by one for 500 much better. I got royally screwed by this company cost for there products are crazzy. Cant get them any where elsei would never recommend this to any one.

r s tech

1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:02 pm
@Waterguy,
It will not stop working the salt setting only controls when the salt alarm goes off to let u know u r out of salt. If it is not reset the only draw back is the alarm keeps going off but it will still work

r s tech

1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:07 pm
@Jerry Dean,
Press the cust settings button then use the right or left arrow buttons to scroll through what u can change. If u need to change something use the up or down keys

bobsal u1553115

1  
Reply Mon 9 Jun, 2014 11:10 pm
I give. What the **** is going on here?

misfit63

2  
Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2014 01:48 pm
@Waterguy,
Hey Waterguy, service tech from rainsoft just left my house. Their "lifetime warantee" doesn't cover any of the parts that regularly go bad. As a matter of fact the technicians solution is to replace the old lifetime warranted system with their new "actually warranted for life" system for $2000. I'm curious how much they'll charge me for the next lifetime system.

mikedotarmstrong

1  
Reply Thu 21 Aug, 2014 05:51 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hello H2O MAN,

We have a RainSoft QA/Q2 that we have had for about 20 years and has served us well until now. When we first bought it new we were led to believe that it had a lifetime guarantee. It now starts a regeneration cycle at random and can do this several times in one day. We have taken it to our local dealer who tells us that the computer is defective and is obsolete so cannot be replaced. furthermore the head cannot be upgraded either. All they can offer is to upgrade the whole system for us at a cost of some £2,300 giving a 5 year guarantee.
Is there really no other choice other than scrapping our system and buying a new one. What happened with the original guarantee? Could we use it in manual mode by periodically activating a regeneration cycle manually then switching off the controller?

Grateful for any advice.

Drttrckr67

1  
Reply Wed 22 Oct, 2014 07:30 pm
@H2O MAN,
Hi Kevin I have a rainsoft q2 system found brine tank overflowing this morning never had this problem help ,,,,

konkraft

0  
Reply Thu 20 Nov, 2014 01:11 am
@Waterguy,
Dude When you on the motor to fill the tank we forgot to off the motor at the correct time after sometimes water will get an overflow.Using automatic water level controller will avoid these things?

ChristopherMHatch

0  
Reply Thu 4 Dec, 2014 12:25 am
@bigmamma,
bigmamma wrote:

Potential Rainsoft Buyer
I was visited by a Rainsoft salesman on Saturday and was supposed to have my water softener installed yesterday. However, as it was a Sunday I asked them to come back today. It is very expensive, but I was impressed by the presentation and they seem to know what they are talking about. I have since done some research of my own and found out that the salt water softeners are not as good as the water softeners that do NOT use salt. Does anyone have any comments or advice about non-salt softeners?

Salt-less water softeners are a good option for getting pure water without harmful chemical contents, salt in water is not good for heart and BP patients as well as for the nature. It also saves maintenance cost due to salt in long run.

Defunkel

1  
Reply Fri 27 Feb, 2015 06:10 pm
@gobansheego,
Have had a model ec4 for several years , noticed the water upstairs was different came down to check softner and it appears to be on and working but on the gpd and info is at 0 like it's not doing anything anyone ever run into this?

RayEGarcia

1  
Reply Sat 11 Apr, 2015 02:34 am
@bigmamma,
But in my views salt free water softners are not good . It only reduce the chalky substance that we see in the water, but the salt water softners removes minerals, like calcium and magnesium – which cause hard water.

NJAWGUY

2  
Reply Tue 21 Apr, 2015 11:58 am
@WV Coalminer,
Won't that void out your warrantee of you open it up to make adjustments. I work for a Water Utility as a water treatment operator and maintenance mechanic, I can even get the materials to rebuild the carbon tank. I would like to know if that was true. I could even bring in my head unit to have the instentation guy work on it if I had too. I'd rather not pay the $1300 new head unit. WTF.

CynthiaGaines

2  
Reply Thu 30 Jul, 2015 11:35 pm
You can contact the General's office for complaints against Rain Soft. An important step toward ensuring that the product you buy will offer trouble free service.

Grannysnider

2  
Reply Mon 23 May, 2016 05:45 am
@Pugama,
I have a 2005 rainsoft system with a dual filter. My problem is can't seem to figure out how to change the filters myself. Can anyone help with my problem with a video or diagram? Or give me a site to where they can help me.

mpactemm

1  
Reply Fri 19 Aug, 2016 11:44 pm
@RS-Owner,
How do you put it on bypass and what did they do to solve the problem