RainSoft water softener problems

samsonGA

Tue 30 Dec, 2008 02:23 am
@shadow745,
We have a system through Carpenter's WAter Treatment, too. They tricked us into buying another faucet, filtration system for a wet bar we hadn't yet started. We told the guy we were in process of completing our basement. We even walked him downstairs to check things our. He just said, you can return it, no problem. We finished the basement, but the permit would not allow us to install the sink like we wanted. When we called Carpenter's Water Treatment to pick up the unopened equipment they said, our 1yr warranty was past and there was nothing they could do. So, the $700 piece of equipment was now only worth $350 to them. Yea right! The salesman lied to us and also didn't tell us anything about a yearly service. We just found out this Christmas. We don't have money to pay that every year, we would have been fine without spending over $7500.
H2O MAN

Tue 30 Dec, 2008 06:08 am
@samsonGA,
samsonGA, contact RainSoft online or toll free and raise hell!

http://www.rainsoft.com/customer-service/warranty.cfm
0 Replies

drblevins

Thu 8 Jan, 2009 09:04 pm
I understand your frustration. They are overpriced, but I will have to say it is a nice system. The only issues we have had is that the unit is set to regenerate every night, and it doesn't go six months without needing something. The guys that come out have to charge us, but they always let us have the filters because there is nothing rong with ours. The service guy always states that they make money off of the service visits and parts. He even showed me the password to enter service. If you have an air handler it doesn't need changed as often as the alarms would indicate. Neither does the filters if you don't use much water. The password to an EC 4 is to hold both up arrows doen unitl it enters service. The password is "up, up" you can reset the annoying alarms for filters. Do not go too long without servicing yourself. I have a manual I can post somewhere for all to see. $7,000 dollars for my unit. I sued and got a fair portin back for borderline crooked service. Thanks for Southeastern Indiana!!!!!!
H2O MAN

Fri 9 Jan, 2009 06:41 pm
@drblevins,
drblevins wrote:
I have a manual I can post somewhere for all to see.

That would be great!

PDF?

Thanks Very Happy
sunny2

Tue 13 Jan, 2009 03:19 pm
@Pugama,
on 1/13/08 I just saw the display for this whole system at Home Depot
H2O MAN

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 07:46 am
@sunny2,

The Home Depot displays are currently RainSoft's #1 lead generation program.
Home Depot has no interest in RainSoft except leasing them floor space in their stores.
Andy CWS

Wed 14 Jan, 2009 02:58 pm
@H2O MAN,
Home Depot actually charge not only for floor space but also take a commission, a pretty good chunk, too.
H2O MAN

Thu 15 Jan, 2009 06:39 am
@Andy CWS,
Andy CWS wrote:

Home Depot actually charge not only for floor space but also take a commission, a pretty good chunk, too.

Yes they do and that helps explain $7000.00 BrainSoft systems Shocked
0 Replies

happycustomer

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 12:26 pm
@pearlman1966,
I work for Rainsoft and you can't believe how many Culligan "rentals" we take out.
happycustomer

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 12:33 pm
@flpitt man,
Okay, if you have all this "proof" why is Rainsoft still open? hm...not likely.
H2O MAN

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:39 pm
@happycustomer,

It's a numbers game and the numbers of exploitable dumbmasses in this country continues to grow.
0 Replies

H2O MAN

Mon 26 Jan, 2009 03:41 pm
@happycustomer,

Replacing a Culligan system with a RainSoft system is like replacing a Migraine headache with Explosive diarrhea.
0 Replies

bob9753

Tue 27 Jan, 2009 12:25 pm
Hi all. I just had an old Culligan softener die and the Rainsoft guy (owner of local branch) recommended the TC Series, for $1,640. He tested and said we have Ph of 7.8, 9 grams of hardness, and iron at .7. He said a softener bought at Home Depot would not be able to handle the well water we use and remove all the minerals.

So what do you think? I've read nasty things about RainSoft, though this guy seemed genuine. I'm a bit worried that, like he said, if I buy a cheaper one, it may cost me more in repairs after a few years of trying to soften my hard well water.
H2O MAN

Tue 27 Jan, 2009 05:11 pm
@bob9753,

If the Home Depot softener has the correct capacity it will soften your water.
Is there a plumbing supply house in your area that sells North Star water softeners?
Do you have an ECOwater dealer in your town?

You can do much better than BrainSoft, keep shopping!
Gary Slusser

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 10:36 am
@bob9753,
You should buy a softener with a Clack WS-1 control online and install it yourself or hire a plumber. It will probably cost less than half his $1600+ and be better quality than anything mentioned so far.
0 Replies

bob9753

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 12:10 pm
@H2O MAN,
Thanks for those tips. I will look into North Star and ECOwater. This is all new to me so I've not heard of them.
H2O MAN

Wed 28 Jan, 2009 01:36 pm
@bob9753,
bob9753 wrote:

Thanks for those tips. I will look into North Star and ECOwater. This is all new to me so I've not heard of them.

Mr. Green You are welcome and unlike one person in particular... I am here to help you & others, I'm not here to sell you anything.
0 Replies

tsnyder

Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@H2O MAN,
how can we see or download a copy of themanual
0 Replies

tsnyder

Thu 29 Jan, 2009 09:59 am
@H2O MAN,
how can we get a copy of the manual
H2O MAN

Fri 30 Jan, 2009 08:53 am
@tsnyder,
tsnyder wrote:

how can we get a copy of the manual

Drop me an email and tell me what model you have (gold, silver or other) and I'll send you what you need.
0 Replies