Modern Nevada Range War

glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:07 pm
@jcboy,
I suppose that rectal pimple receives a subsidy or tax break to raise cattle. Even tax cheats with cowboy hats like to rob the tax payers. After all, it's a pot load of money.

Jcboy. - hope you don't mind me borrowing your term, captures the Bundy makeup.
jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:24 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Jcboy. - hope you don't mind me borrowing your term, captures the Bundy makeup.

Not at all!, spread the word Smile
ossobuco

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:29 pm
@jcboy,
This stuff is scary, but really not new. I'm a coast person, so I had stuff to learn when moving to new mexico.

glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:34 pm
@jcboy,
I can't speak for everyone, but I enjoy using the Interstates, I'm glad there is a system in place to educate our children, I vote, I pay my taxes so elderly people with dementia aren't left in an alley to die, I enjoy visiting Historic Monuments all over the nation. I'm also pretty happy we have armed forces that will protect us from invasion, I'm very fond of the constitution and bill of rights that try desperately to protect minorities from majorities.

I'm probably not the only person here whose parents lived thru the depression only to be drafted to fight in WWII. Those who made it home, settled in, paid a higher rate of taxes than we to to rebuild this country, yeah they complained about taxes, everyone does, but they paid for the next generation to live in a better more prosperous time than they.

So Bundy doesn't recognize the Federal Government???? OK, I'm pretty sure Argentina is big on cattle ranching. Maybe he could ship his herd down there and ignore Argentina laws. I wonder how many neighbors/militia buddies will face off with government officials and live to tell about it.

Sean Hannity is an idiot.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 04:37 pm
@ossobuco,
[Cliven Bundy, to "Home on the Range"]

Oh give me a home,
Where mah' cattle can roam.
Fer free, while others must pay.
Where now all that's heard,
Are encouraging words--
For militias arriving today.

Home, home on the range,
Where FoxNews and Hannity play.
Where the right-wing is heard,
And the gun nuts are stirred,
Getting crazier each broadcast day.

Now thanks to the right,
Public land is a blight,
You can really just take it by force.
We're loaded and locked,
I'm a rancher half-cocked,
My rights they exceed those of yours.

Now sometimes at night,
When the cable glows bright,
I think 'bout the wild creatures, too.
But that's gone in a burst,
Private sector is first.
Take your laws and your rules and screw you.

Home, home on the range,
Where FoxNews and Hannity play.
Where the right-wing is heard,
And the gun nuts are stirred,
Getting crazier each broadcast day.

Originally posted to Comics on Fri Apr 25, 2014

Razz
McGentrix

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:05 pm
You guys are getting away from the actual thing going on, just as I knew it would as soon as Bundy said something. New talking points so we can forget the actual issue.

Chinese businessmen made a deal with Reid's kid to buy federally owned land for $4 million bucks. Land valued at $40 million. Problem is that land has a desert tortoise on it. That means the BLM has to find new land for the tortoise and that is Bundy's land. So, because Reid's son made a business deal and the BLM, led by a Reid crony, now need Bundy's cattle off the land.

That's the only reason anyone even knows Bundy's name. He wouldn't allow the Federal govt to pull that crap.

Reid's fingerprints are all over this and if you don't believe it, or you want to ignore it, whatever. Just don't lose view of what is really happening.
edgarblythe

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:16 pm
@McGentrix,
It's a case of two wrongs don't make a right.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 09:29 pm
@McGentrix,
Love to see a link. But I don't care what went on before, Bundy refuses to pay the freight. We are officially subsidizing that asshole so he can reap larger profits. If you think this is about States being superior to the Federal Government, blame the Territories that voted to become part of the Union. They like the benefits, they just want the other States to pay for them. This is called freeloading.
0 Replies

Benson-In-A-Box

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 09:50 am
Raise your hand if this little revelation surprises you.

Quote:
One wonders, however, how the armies of April will react to a Las Vegas TV station's revelation that much of Bundy's personal saga is make-believe. Grazing Golden Butte since 1877? Not quite. His father bought the Bunkerville ranch in 1948; they began renting BLM land in 1954.
parados

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:25 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Chinese businessmen made a deal with Reid's kid to buy federally owned land for $4 million bucks. Land valued at $40 million. Problem is that land has a desert tortoise on it. That means the BLM has to find new land for the tortoise and that is Bundy's land. So, because Reid's son made a business deal and the BLM, led by a Reid crony, now need Bundy's cattle off the land.

That's the only reason anyone even knows Bundy's name. He wouldn't allow the Federal govt to pull that crap.

Reid's fingerprints are all over this and if you don't believe it, or you want to ignore it, whatever. Just don't lose view of what is really happening.

So you are arguing that the Federal government is moving the desert tortoise unto Bundy's land?

One small problem with that. The desert tortoise was protected in 1993 on the land Bundy where Bundy is grazing his cattle. RW idiocy is all over that argument you just made. It certainly isn't based on any facts.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 10:54 am
@Benson-In-A-Box,
Benson-In-A-Box wrote:

Raise your hand if this little revelation surprises you.

Quote:
One wonders, however, how the armies of April will react to a Las Vegas TV station's revelation that much of Bundy's personal saga is make-believe. Grazing Golden Butte since 1877? Not quite. His father bought the Bunkerville ranch in 1948; they began renting BLM land in 1954.

Prior to that, perhaps they were squatters?????
0 Replies

EqualityFLSTPete

Reply Mon 28 Apr, 2014 12:03 pm
@jcboy,
What is that you have on your head? Nut! Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Thu 1 May, 2014 07:31 pm
A bunch of ignorant idiots protecting the biggest ignorant moocher around! I'm sure Palin will show up any time now.

Right-wing militias are terrorizing the residents who live around the Bundy ranch in Nevada.

Quote:
If you’re a citizen living in or around Bunkerville, Nevada right now, you’re probably rather concerned about the armed thugs that have taken over the area. That’s what Nevada Rep. Steven Horsford reports in a letter he sent to the Clark County Sheriff.

In the letter, Horsford says that his constituents in the Bunkerville area are living in fear. Out of their misplaced desire to protect racist rancher Cliven Bundy, right-wing militia groups have set up armed checkpoints on highways and roads. They are illegally stopping vehicles and demanding drivers show their IDs to prove they are residents before they are allowed to pass. Militia members are also intimidating people around schools and churches.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BundyStandoff.jpg
Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 09:54 am
@jcboy,
Are there any news reports of this happening? I'm pretty sure if this was happening that the MSM would be all over it. A leftwing politician speaking out against rightwing citizen isn't really telling me much. Can we get some official reporting on this?
parados

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 12:55 pm
@Baldimo,
It seems there are news reports supporting this.
http://www.mercurynews.com/breaking-news/ci_25675200/nevada-ranchers-neighbors-weary-attention

Quote:
Bundy denies that militia members set up checkpoints on public property. He said armed guards do stop and screen visitors at the gate to his ranch.

A group of militia members who stopped a neighboring rancher trucking cattle last Saturday to Arizona, about 12 miles to the east, were helping his son, Ryan Bundy, the family patriarch said. They wanted to ensure that Bundy cattle weren't being rustled.

It seems armed men are stopping people on the road and even Bundy admits that is happening though he denies checkpoints.
parados

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 01:31 pm
Now Bundy and his supporters are just getting stupid.

http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/bundy-blm/bundy-family-supporters-file-complaints-against-federal-agents
Quote:
embers of an embattled Bunkerville ranch family and their supporters gathered at Las Vegas police headquarters Friday to file police reports against federal agents and others involved in last month’s failed cattle roundup in northeastern Clark County.

About two dozen people, including several members of the Bundy family, filed reports alleging crimes ranging from assault and threats with a deadly weapon to impersonating a police officer.

They don't recognize the federal government so any federal agent isn't really law enforcement in their view.
0 Replies

Baldimo

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 02:49 pm
@parados,
So the claim made doesn't support what was said. There is a report of a single person being stopped. This isn't "people being stopped." It also says nothing about anyone being in any type of fear. The only person who mentions fear is a Dem politician.
parados

Reply Fri 2 May, 2014 02:52 pm
@Baldimo,
So , it isn't true that people are being stopped by armed militia if only one person reported being stopped? Do you have any other stupid remarks?
Baldimo

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 08:27 am
@parados,
Do you have more reports of people being stopped? Any more reports of fear being spread or people being afraid?

I'll say it this way to you. With the MSM being who they are, if there were more reports of "fear" and "people being stopped", then it would be all over the MSM. Like you, they hate people like Bundy and their supporters so anything that makes them look bad would be a top news story. There have been no other stories but the one you posted.

Do you have anymore stupid false stories with no real facts behind them? Or do you only have stories with Dem politicians reporting people being fearful?
parados

Reply Mon 5 May, 2014 09:20 am
@Baldimo,
So you are arguing once is OK? You are arguing that unless you have actual reported incidents in the media it didn't happen? It seems people were concerned enough to write their Congressman unless you are calling him a liar. I'll bet you don't require media reports before you stoop to calling a sitting Congressman a liar.
0 Replies