Modern Nevada Range War

raprap

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 09:28 am
@McGentrix,
Ever since Wounded Knee. The BLM is also responsible for lands granted to native Americans.

At least Bundy wasn't fired upon using Hodgekiss cannons.

Rap
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 03:39 pm
Seems to me people preach government overreach in every segment of society, these days, and it undermines a stable nation, taking every bit of authority possible away and instituting teabagger type laws and such that ultimately makes it a nation of moneyed whites ruling the rest of us. Oligarchy is the name of the game and getting it done before minorities and poor whites can get enough organization to fight back.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 06:32 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Seems to me people preach government overreach in every segment of society, these days, and it undermines a stable nation, taking every bit of authority possible away and instituting teabagger type laws and such that ultimately makes it a nation of moneyed whites ruling the rest of us. Oligarchy is the name of the game and getting it done before minorities and poor whites can get enough organization to fight back.

I don't think it's quite that bad, but the federal government is completely out of control and really has been since LBJ. It got really bad during the last Bush Presidency and we now have the worse yet. We have a secret govt preparing for an internal war. The EPA is one of the most powerful organizations in the country. The freaking EPA! It's crazy how the federal govt is powering up and how much surveillance they have on our own citizens. Drones killing American citizens, armed soldiers working for the BLM and DoE. Open your eyes Edgar.
edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 07:02 pm
@McGentrix,
Much of what you describe is in keeping with the move to oligarchy. The Koch brothers and many other wealthy people are fueling it with their fortunes. Our elected leaders are up to their necks in it, not just Republicans.
McGentrix

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 07:19 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Much of what you describe is in keeping with the move to oligarchy. The Koch brothers and many other wealthy people are fueling it with their fortunes. Our elected leaders are up to their necks in it, not just Republicans.

Term limits would fix a lot of the problems as well as campaign finance reform. Make it so you don't need to be a millionaire to even run for office.

Hell, just get more then 40% of the voters to actually vote...

Also, tell Bloomberg to keep his money or donate it to the poor. 50 million dollars could feed a lot of people.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 07:37 pm
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/10769041/The-US-is-an-oligarchy-study-concludes.html
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2014 09:32 pm
@McGentrix,
Over 200 armed RW militia members showed up to threaten contractors rounding up cattle illegally on government land.

This is not a simple case of Bundy is using land no one else is using. This is a Bundy using land the courts have told him on at least 2 separate occasions he is not supposed to use. 20 years ago Bundy was told he was supposed to remove his cattle from the land. He failed to do so. He then argued in court they weren't his cattle even though they had his brand and he had stated in a deposition they were his cattle. Then when they were rounded up, he took them back under threat from armed militia claiming they were his again.

BLM needs a strike force when people violate court orders and threaten government agents with guns. If these were LW radicals you would have been calling for government gunships to respond to the threats against government agents.
revelette2

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 07:16 am
@parados,
Imagine if they happened to be Muslims?
0 Replies

Benson-In-A-Box

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 10:18 am
@parados,
Quote:
...He then argued in court they weren't his cattle...

I haven't heard this. Was it in the court dox?
parados

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 01:16 pm
@Benson-In-A-Box,
http://www.thewildlifenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Order-US-v.-Bundy-7-9-13.pdf
Quote:
Notwithstanding Bundy's contentions that the observed
cattle bearing his brand may not in fact be his own
bobsal u1553115

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2014 09:40 pm
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7189/13998003693_aba055bdbb_o.jpg
McGentrix

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 09:35 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Propaganda already? How droll.
Benson-In-A-Box

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 10:50 am
@parados,
I missed that. Thank you.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2014 11:17 am
@McGentrix,
McGentrix wrote:

Propaganda already? How droll.

Propaganda was introduced when you accused the government of a 200 man armed strike force.
0 Replies

Benson-In-A-Box

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 07:46 am
The man certainly likes attention.

Quote:
He said he would continue holding a daily news conference; on Saturday, it drew one reporter and one photographer, so Mr. Bundy used the time to officiate at what was in effect a town meeting with supporters, discussing, in a long, loping discourse, the prevalence of abortion, the abuses of welfare and his views on race.

“I want to tell you one more thing I know about the Negro,” he said. Mr. Bundy recalled driving past a public-housing project in North Las Vegas, “and in front of that government house the door was usually open and the older people and the kids — and there is always at least a half a dozen people sitting on the porch — they didn’t have nothing to do. They didn’t have nothing for their kids to do. They didn’t have nothing for their young girls to do.

“And because they were basically on government subsidy, so now what do they do?” he asked. “They abort their young children, they put their young men in jail, because they never learned how to pick cotton. And I’ve often wondered, are they better off as slaves, picking cotton and having a family life and doing things, or are they better off under government subsidy? They didn’t get no more freedom. They got less freedom.”
ossobuco

Reply Thu 24 Apr, 2014 07:53 am
@Benson-In-A-Box,
Wow.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2014 06:16 pm
@ossobuco,
Can I claim Bundy as a dependent next year? Pisses me off that I pay taxes to maintain those lands and a free loader is using that land to fatten up his cattle for free, to increase his profit margin.
McGentrix

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 12:42 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Can I claim Bundy as a dependent next year? Pisses me off that I pay taxes to maintain those lands and a free loader is using that land to fatten up his cattle for free, to increase his profit margin.

Tell you what, you keep paying taxes for that guy and I will keep paying for all the free-loading illegal aliens streaming across the border and using our resources.
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2014 12:44 pm
This is a good summation and you should read it:

An American Oligarch: Senator Harry Reid’s BLM Land Scams, Bribes, Mafia Links and Bloodlines

This is way more than a grievance about unpaid ‘grazing fees’, as Senator Harry Reid’s involvement with BLM is evidence of how Agenda 21-led policies are rapidly seeping out of the Capitol Hill swamp.
0 Replies

jcboy

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2014 12:48 pm
It's just mind-blowing the lengths many Right Wingers are going, pretzeling language and logic trying to defend that rectal-pimple.