devriesj - My dad has pancreatitus...

Equus

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 10:33 am
Sorry for your father's troubles. He is very lucky to have you there for him when he needs support so very much. Hang in there.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 05:24 pm
Thank you, thank you, thank you! to sozobe, Walter, Clary, mac & Equus.

Dad had some tests today: a CAT scan on his chest & abdomen, utrasound on his legs. They are checking for something other than the pancreatitus to be causing his fever, and for any blood clotting (legs). It put my mom through the wringer more than dad - he prettly much slept through it all! Basically, no news is good news. They found nothing new. He continues to improve little by little so far.
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:02 pm
Dev, Sending positive vibes to you and your family!

(I've been away for a few days, so just hearing this.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:15 pm
Still vibing the good vibes for devriesj and her family, and fine-tuning the directional arrow.

We'll light a candle for your dad tonight, devriesj.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:26 pm
Thanks fealola & ehBeth. You guys are really awesome!
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:27 pm
Improving is good.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 06:34 pm
Yes it is. Steadily onward & upward! Haven't had a real bad day since last Tuesday. (yeah)
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 4 May, 2004 11:20 pm
That sounds very good!
0 Replies

Clary

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 12:30 am
That's great, dev, keep up the good work all and sundry! Must be a great relief for you. Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 12:48 pm
Today's basically the same as yesterday. No news is good news once again...
but I have a different problem. It's with my mom. This woman is a 'piece of work' I tell you! Mind if I rant a bit?! I cleared my schedule for the week, got day care 7 school pick-up for my 2 kids (10 & 5). Today I'm at home because she 'accidentally forgot' to pick me up to go to the hospital. I called her there & she didn't give me an explaination. I think I ticked her off a little yesterday, but I'm not sure. She's so passive-aggressive that she won't tell me! I'm not quite sure what to do right now. I may just go up tonight, but I really don't want to talk to her. I realize I'll have to, but I'm just so mad at her! I know she's got dad to deal with...She has no consideration for people rearranging schedules and all. OY!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 01:09 pm
Some people do not do well in crisis situations. This is one of life's more maddening characteristics.

At least you have a catch-up day to batten down your temper for the storms ahead.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 01:37 pm
Thanks noddy. I'll do that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 5 May, 2004 05:04 pm
devriesj - people do odd, odd things when they're stressed, and tired, and worried and ...

I'll tell you a funny story once your dad is home. <nods>

I hope you gave yourself a little decompression time today.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:18 pm
I did decompress alittle, took a nap. Ah....Can't wait 'til he's home & I can hear your funny story! I have a few to tell about him when he went into the ER. His blood sugar was so high, he was acting crazy!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 06:55 pm
I'm glad to hear that you took a little nap. Mommies and daughters need to take good care of themselves.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 6 May, 2004 11:58 pm
Sons as well - remind me to tell my story later :wink:
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 05:55 pm
Sunday, May 9 -
A bit of a setback today...Dad's got a nasty little fever, and they think one of his legs may be infected. (He had surgery to remove blood clots from his legs last week.) They also had to turn the ventilator up a bit. They've been trying to wean him off b/c there could be complications there, but "no go" today. Bummer, but we'll take things as they go. I do so appreciate your well wishes, thoughts, prayers, (and Reiki from Clary)...We'll know a little more tonight/tomorrow.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:24 pm
Devriesj, I'm sending more good vibes, good wishes, and prayers, to you and your family from Michigan.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 06:46 pm
Thanks, colorbook. ( from me in G.R.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 9 May, 2004 07:08 pm
Ramping up the positive thoughts.

Hugs and positive energy heading toward Grand Rapids.
0 Replies