Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 01:48 am
We have 4 televisions,
3 DVD players,
an XBox 360,
a DVR,
2 iPads,
an iPod,
2 laptop PC's

and 2 children who still find a way to fight over who's using what.

How the hell does that work?

raprap

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:06 am
@Wilso,
You had them too close together or too far apart. Siblings are supposed to fight-- it's the the nursery of socialization where conflict has little consequence, except of the parents.

Consider this advice, with most modern families that the only time siblings are forced into close contact is on long car trips. Other than that don't interfere until until blood is spilled and weapons are drawn.

Rap
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:08 am
2 years, 3 months, 1 day. They generally get along ok.
CoastalRat

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:32 am
@Wilso,
When my kids were younger, it was the same thing. The oldest had a tv in his room, but still he and his brother would argue about watching the tv in the family room. (note: the tv in his bedroom was nearly the same as the one in the family room.) I think it was just something to argue about to break up the monotony of the day. lol
Wilso

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:52 am
@CoastalRat,
As good an explanation as I've heard!
PUNKEY

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 06:56 am
@Wilso,
I'd say when they start arguing that EVERYTHING get shut off.

You have way too much electronics in your home.

Send them out to play in the fresh air.

PS - I think you don't have enough of the ONE item that they fight about the most. You need to figure out which one it is. But, like I said, if the arguing starts, then EVERYTHING gets shut down.
Linkat

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:22 am
@Wilso,
Because they are children -- doesn't matter -- they find something to fight over.

Maybe they want to be a particular room, maybe one TV (in their sense) is better than another, etc.

But most likely it is simply that they want to annoy their sibling.
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:51 pm
@PUNKEY,
PUNKEY wrote:

You have way too much electronics in your home

Amen to that. Just sort of happened without planning.
vikorr

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 02:30 pm
@Wilso,
This sort of conflict is a great opportunity to teach children : manners, thoughtfulness, and sharing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 02:59 pm
From another viewpoint, I was an only child whose parents moved a lot and I grew up with no idea of how to argue. My early schooling was no help in all that. That's no favor in the real world.
0 Replies