The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:01 pm
@Foofie,
You're losing it, and grasping at straws. Apart from when I was on holiday in Italy, I've only once been inside a Catholic church, when I attended a work colleagues funeral, but you add 2 and 2 and make 347. 'Nowt' is hardly obscure vernacular, most people could work it out, but then again most people are a lot smarter than you.
Foofie

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:10 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You're losing it, and grasping at straws. Apart from when I was on holiday in Italy, I've only once been inside a Catholic church, when I attended a work colleagues funeral, but you add 2 and 2 and make 347. 'Nowt' is hardly obscure vernacular, most people could work it out, but then again most people are a lot smarter than you.

I am not grasping at straws. I'm just giving you my observations.

[Foofie ignores the gratuitous ad hominem, "...but then again most people are a lot smarter than you.", since maturity is Foofie's winning hand against Izzy's great powers of repartee, in Foofie's opinion of course.]
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:14 pm
@Setanta,
It's very tedious running round after you just to show what a tedious little weasel you are. Don't expect me to do it again.

Malvolio wrote:
everyone should have done as Britain did. What was that, declare war on Germany in September, 1939, and then sit around and do nothing while the Germans overran Poland, while waiting for them to attack France? That's what Britain did.

http://able2know.org/topic/235935-81#post-5620282

That was only yesterday, have you got early stage Alzheimer's, or will you admit to being a lying little turd.

Malvolio wrote:
Perhaps you can quote the post in which i said that the Brits did nothing about the invasion of France.

Again changing the parameters, I never said you said Britain did nothing about the invasion of France. I correctly said that you said Britain did nothing.

Btw, anyone who makes a big song and dance about not drinking has some sort of problem, and if they weren't an alcoholic the problem must be really weird. At least alcoholics have a reason.
I can't trust a man who doesn't drink, because a man who doesn't drink doesn't trust himself.
Ernest Hemingway
Son, never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

James Crumley.

Now don't you think you ought to apologise?
izzythepush

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:16 pm
@Foofie,
The observations of an idiot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:28 pm
I see that i did misread your post. However, you continue to ignore that you are warping what i said. I said that Britain and France went to war because of a defense pact with Poland, and then did nothing to help Poland. That is true. I pointed out that an invasion of Germany would have had dire consequences for Hitler, and would have relieved pressure on Poland. Although i did not say it in my previous posts on the subject, it might also have made Stalin think twice about invading Poland himself. But Britain and France did nothing while Hitler overran Poland, and then transferred his forces from Poland to the borders of France, Belgium and Holland, added replacements and re-equipped and resupplied those forces. Failing to prevent the invasion and occupation of Norway, while squandering resources there, also did nothing for Poland. The naval battle which took place even later, in December, 1939, off the coast of Argentina, did nothing for either Poland or Norway, and did nothing to interfere with Hitler's transfer and resupply of forces in Poland, in preparation for the invasions of Holland, Belgium and France.

You really don't have clue, and if anyone is "changing the parameters," it's you, because my comments were directed toward that bullshit you like to peddle to the effect that the United States should have entered the war as soon as Britain did. Beside being incredibly stupid in view of the American political situation, it also ignores that in the period from September 1939 to May 1940, the United States could not have contributed anything to stopping Hitler. Of course, you have also claimed in the past that the United States prolonged the war in Europe by not declaring war on Germany in 1939.

Congress was not about to declare war on Germany in 1939. FDR knew that, even if you don't understand it. More than anything else, though, you're just indulging your typical hysteria and your inveterate bigotry against Americans and the Untied States. That is only trumped by your profound ignorance.
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 04:29 pm
I rarely drink for no other reason than my stomach has trouble tolerating alcohol. Makes me feel sick and bloated.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 06:27 pm
Great Britain, the U.S, Australia and Canada paid a heavy price during WW II. Not to mention the suffering of Western and Eastern Europe. I suppose there are some younger members who didn't lose an Uncle or Father who fought during that global nightmare, lucky you. My father fought in WW II all over Europe, we were lucky, he came home intact and was able to start a family.

Some of us had brothers or husbands, cousins or friends deployed to Viet Nam, not all of them came back and some came back maimed. Now we have an all volunteer military in Iraq and Afghanistan. It doesn't matter if you think any of these conflicts had merit, the point is people in uniform are dying everyday so we can sit here and mock them.

Those of you with otherworldly strategic and tactical military planning skills and highly skilled at the complexities of all the worlds civilizations with the ability to prevent current and future political/annexation of free countries, please hustle on down to the UN, or volunteer to guide who ever happens to be your Prime Minister or President. By all means, dazzle them with your uncanny Monday morning quarterback skills.

Some posters are whiney ingrates.
bobsal u1553115

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 06:30 pm
@glitterbag,
Hear! Hear!
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:07 pm
@glitterbag,
That's the sorriest example of propaganda piece that I've ever come across, glitter. Congratulations on your highly effective "oh look a squirrel". Anything to deflect away from the perfidy of FDR and the USA.

Gb: Great Britain, the U.S, Australia and Canada paid a heavy price during WW II.

You can tell it's propaganda because glitter fails to mention the greatest sacrifice came from Russia and the Russian people. Why doesn't she mention the large number of equally duped young men from Italy, Germany and japan?

Glitterbag: Some of us had brothers or husbands, cousins or friends deployed to Viet Nam, not all of them came back and some came back maimed. Now we have an all volunteer military in Iraq and Afghanistan. It doesn't matter if you think any of these conflicts had merit, the point is people in uniform are dying everyday so we can sit here and mock them.

-------

In a lecture in L.A. last week, Ron Kovic [paraplegic Vietnam War veteran, whose life is the subject of the movie, BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY] was there, and a couple of people took me on. Richard Macer stood up and said: "I want to feel GOOD about this war." And I said: "You know — I don't feel good about anything about this war." But you know, so I'm a hard-ass. So, Ron Kovic — afterwards, I asked him, I said, "Am I off-base?" He said:

"No! You're ABSOLUTELY right! We have to stick these people who are over there. They DO have a choice, and they have to be reminded that what they're doing is WRONG! Don't embrace them with war and love. They're going to come back ten feet tall, with all the the drums beating, and the media and the bands playing. And what is that going to do to the ten-year-olds who see this happening? They're going to want to join the Army, and they're going to be begging for a war so they can have fun like their uncles did."
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:11 pm
Australia sent conscripts (too young to vote) to Vietnam.

****, so much for the humour thread.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 08:12 pm
The whole article, the whole truth which is not something you can ever expect to hear from glitterbag.

--------------------

The CIA and the Gulf War
by John Stockwell
A speech delivered on 1991-02-20 at the
Louden Nelson Community Center, Santa Cruz, California
INTRODUCTION

John Stockwell is a 13-year veteran of the CIA and a former U.S. Marine Corps major. He was hired by the CIA in 1964, spent six years working for the CIA in Africa, and was later transferred to Vietnam. In 1973 he received the CIA's Medal of Merit, the Agency's second-highest award. In 1975, Stockwell was promoted to the CIA's Chief of Station and National Security Council coordinator, managing covert activities during the first years of Angola's bloody civil war. After two years he resigned, determined to reveal the truth about the agency's role in the Third World. Since that time, he has worked tirelessly to expose the criminal activities of the CIA. He is the author of In Search of Enemies, an exposé of the CIA's covert action in Angola.
Stockwell is a founding member of Peaceways and ARDIS (the Association for Responsible Dissent), an organization of former CIA and Government officials who are openly critical of the CIA's activities. His latest book is entitled The Praetorian Guard: The U.S. Role in the New World Order.

JOHN STOCKWELL: Thank you from the bottom of my heart for inviting me back. This is one of my favorite places in the nation. My growth, as I have come out of the CIA quite a few years ago now and learned to speak, and learned confidence — some of my early appearances were right here, in fact. And the response that I got, and the support that I got helped me to grow as I continued to travel and lecture and debate and read and read and read, and write things, some of them successfully published.

READ ON AT,

http://www.serendipity.li/cia/stock2.html
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:10 pm
@JTT,
Can I suggest you start a thread about this stuff. PLEASE. Because honestly, seeing it on each and every interaction - it's not informative. It's just tiring.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:25 pm
@Wilso,
What of glitterbag, Wilso?

If you don't want to know, don't read it. It's important to hit these liars each and every time they send out propaganda. That's exactly how the USA has been perpetuating the lies for plus two hundred years.
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:32 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

What of glitterbag, Wilso?

If you don't want to know, don't read it. It's important to hit these liars each and every time they send out propaganda. That's exactly how the USA has been perpetuating the lies for plus two hundred years.

I went back a couple of pages, and it was YOU who took the thread on it's political detour, just because someone mentioned the word America.
ossobuco

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:40 pm
@Wilso,
He has been asked to not do that by many people for many years. Lots, though, have been feeding him lately, whatever the thread.

Plus, they quote him when responding - such a delight to those of us who have him on ignore.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:53 pm
@Wilso,
Wilso: I went back a couple of pages, and it was YOU who took the thread on it's political detour, just because someone mentioned the word America.

No link?
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:54 pm
@ossobuco,
I'll try to avoid the quote button.
JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:55 pm
@Wilso,
Would you make these kinds of excuses for Nazi Germany, Wilso?
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 09:56 pm
@JTT,
No link?
No. Find it yourself if you actually give a ****. Jesus christ - did I mention the word tiresome?
0 Replies

Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:02 pm
@JTT,
When did I make an excuse for the USA? I just don't want to read it on EVERY ******* THREAD.