The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

JTT

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 10:38 pm
@Wilso,
Then don't read it. You could take the American land of the brave route and go to IGNORE.
Wilso

Reply Sun 30 Mar, 2014 11:11 pm
@JTT,
Done. Bye.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:26 am
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

I see that i did misread your post.

Really, how very convenient. I don't believe you for a second.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 04:06 am
@Setanta,
Malvolio wrote:
More than anything else, though, you're just indulging your typical hysteria and your inveterate bigotry against Americans and the Untied States.

Pot calling the kettle black, you're the biggest Anglophobic bigot on the whole of A2K. You can't help yourself, even when you wrote a supposedly neutral historical piece on the Crimean war you insisted on using the pejorative term "redcoat" when describing the British troops, just to invoke the war Of Independence. Such bigotry is ingrained you probably don't even know you're doing it.

Malvolio wrote:
You really don't have clue, and if anyone is "changing the parameters," it's you, because my comments were directed toward that bullshit you like to peddle to the effect that the United States should have entered the war as soon as Britain did

As for not having a clue I can remember what I posted a few days ago. I've never said that the US should have entered the war when Britain did. I do mention the fact that we stood alone against Hitler during the dark days of 1940 when idiots like you and Foofie peddle the myth that you somehow entered the war to save Britain, and expect us to spend the rest of our lives being eternally grateful. You entered the war because of Pearl Harbor, that, and Hitler's declaration of war, were the only the only reasons you entered WW2.

Your revisionist bullshit is just that.
Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 04:21 am
First, i don't give a rat's ass what you believe. You react to honesty with hysteria and insults. Second, if you think i'm an anglophobe, then link the posts which prove that. Trying to claim that redcoat is an insult is just another example of your hysteria--you'll clutch at any straw. It is an absolute lie that i've ever suggested that the English should be eternally grateful to the United States. You have no case, so you just ramp the hysteria and the lies.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:09 am
@Wilso,
Whoda ever thunk that ole Wilso, of all people, would be a coward.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:52 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

...Btw, anyone who makes a big song and dance about not drinking has some sort of problem, and if they weren't an alcoholic the problem must be really weird. At least alcoholics have a reason.
I can't trust a man who doesn't drink, because a man who doesn't drink doesn't trust himself.
Ernest Hemingway
Son, never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl.

James Crumley.

Now don't you think you ought to apologise?

I do not think Setanta needs to apologize. I think you are showing your limited knowledge of many people outside the British culture. For example, many people (aka, Gentiles) "lose face" if they are seen socializing with a Jew, even a secular one. So, being a little inebriated is the perfect excuse to one's Gentile peers.
Sort of like the good Catholic girl that allows the boy to touch her below the waist, and then explains to others, or herself, that she had a few drinks, so she was not under her normal control. All's forgiven.

So, I do not trust a Gentile who wants to socialize with me, with the help of liquor. He may not feel comfortable, unless he has the excuse that he was a little inebriated.

Plus, I do think many Jews have a genetic distaste for liquor. Just what makes us different; not just the intelligence thing on IQ tests.

It's all from what side of the fence one is on. It appears to me that living on your island nation one may be under the false assumption that everyone sees the world/society, based on the same set of criteria as oneself? The Empire was lost awhile ago.

Getting back to an important difference between Britain and the U.S., Britain's society is ossified, in my opinion. While Brits look proudly to their centuries of Empire and triumphal history, their society today is ossified, as far as the commoner is concerned, since upward mobility just ain't there for most. No crusades to be rewarded with a knighthood upon return. What is a bloke to do? Oh yes, come to America where one's low class accent is not recognized as such, and WASP America utilizes one's command of the language to assign one a nice corner office with a door. Is this pandering to blokes? No. Just a reflection of a young society that has not ossified, and upward mobility is still available for those willing to work hard.

Please stop comparing yourself to college educated posters, when most of the foreign posters ended their education after what we call high school. That would possibly be best described by the French word (now American) "poseur." Unless of course, one was ignorant of what one was doing, since one doesn't even realize how many Americans get a university degree compared to Europeans.
Foofie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:03 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I do mention the fact that we stood alone against Hitler during the dark days of 1940 when idiots like you and Foofie peddle the myth that you somehow entered the war to save Britain, and expect us to spend the rest of our lives being eternally grateful. You entered the war because of Pearl Harbor, that, and Hitler's declaration of war, were the only the only reasons you entered WW2.

What you do not get is that gratitude is not based on receiving something just for oneself, because one is so loved. Gratitude is based on receiving something, even as a nameless stranger. So, one says thank-you to the stranger holding a door open for you. You see, gratitude reflects on oneself, either as a person with etiquette, or lack of it (aka, ingratitude).

We are approaching Maundy Thursday. I could use a nice foot washing Your Royal Izzy.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:27 am
@Setanta,
I'm not running round after you and your posts any more. I just showed a post that proved you'd been lying, and instead of being a man and admitting it you spouted a lot of bullshit about misreading the question, like the cowardly weasel you are.

Malvolio wrote:
Trying to claim that redcoat is an insult is just another example of your hysteria

Like I said, the bigotry is so ingrained you don't even realise you're doing it.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:30 am
@Foofie,
You should be grateful I even bother responding to an ignorant fuckwit like you.

Btw, when I was at Uni, we had Americans over on exchange in their third year, they had to be put in with the freshers because they couldn't keep up with the rest of us.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 11:30 am
@Foofie,
Doofus: I do not think Setanta needs to apologize. I think you are showing your limited knowledge of many people outside the British culture. For example, many people (aka, Gentiles) "lose face" if they are seen socializing with a Jew, even a secular one. So, being a little inebriated is the perfect excuse to one's Gentile peers.

-----------

Is that how it really is in New York, goofus, or is that your limited thinking skills coming to the fore.
glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:37 pm
Well this has been interesting. I thought it was an amusing tongue and cheek post, but overly sensitive folks have managed to make it a whirlwind of anger, anti-semitism (wow, didn't see that coming), nation bashing and personal insults. Those of you who used this post to spew anger, congratulations, you succeeded. Another possibility to amuse ourselves crushed. You win negative folks.
Foofie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:40 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Doofus: I do not think Setanta needs to apologize. I think you are showing your limited knowledge of many people outside the British culture. For example, many people (aka, Gentiles) "lose face" if they are seen socializing with a Jew, even a secular one. So, being a little inebriated is the perfect excuse to one's Gentile peers.

-----------

Is that how it really is in New York, goofus, or is that your limited thinking skills coming to the fore.

I believe you just proved my point by choosing to use "Doofus/goofus" in referring to me. A way to excuse your posting to me, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 12:42 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

You should be grateful I even bother responding to an ignorant fuckwit like you.

Btw, when I was at Uni, we had Americans over on exchange in their third year, they had to be put in with the freshers because they couldn't keep up with the rest of us.

I am grateful that you are not an American.

P.S.: You seem, in my opinion, to be somewhat more testy lately? Something might be bothering your unconscious, and it comes out as being a bit more angry? Has the world spun out of your control?
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:31 pm
@izzythepush,
Izzy: I just showed a post that proved you'd been lying, and instead of being a man and admitting it you spouted a lot of bullshit about misreading the question, like the cowardly weasel you are.
-----------

Deja vu, izzy. That's pretty much what happened when I proved you to be a liar.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:34 pm
@Foofie,
What bothers me is that you insist on engaging me in conversation. It's incredibly tedious, and I'm not going to waste any more time on you.
(Foofie wipes the drool from his chin and retreats back into the fantasy world where he hasn't got **** for brains.)
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:39 pm
@glitterbag,
Glitterbag: make it a whirlwind of anger, anti-semitism (wow, didn't see that coming), ... .
-----------

Point out the anti-Semitism, gb.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:50 pm
@izzythepush,
Iz: I'm not going to waste any more time on you.
---------

That's one of your favorite lines, Izzy. How many times have you said it to Foofie?
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 01:53 pm
@JTT,
JTT wrote:

Glitterbag: make it a whirlwind of anger, anti-semitism (wow, didn't see that coming), ... .
-----------

Point out the anti-Semitism, gb.

Why, can't you read?
Setanta

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 02:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Is that the same as when you say you're done with the Foofie/Miller sock puppet? She plays you like a cheap fiddle. You 'll come roaring out of you cave the next time she jerks your chain.

I didn't spout a lot of bullshit, i just noted that i had misread your post. You're the one who goes into hysterical mode, and rants at length. Redcoat is not an insult. It's been used since the days of the New Model in the mid-17th century--before the United States and Americans were even a gleam in their daddy's eye. A classic, typical blend of your ignorance, your hysteria and your bigotry.