The Pitfalls of Marrying an American Woman.

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 02:40 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
Btw, when I was at Uni, we had Americans over on exchange in their third year, they had to be put in with the freshers because they couldn't keep up with the rest of us.

No, you're not biased against Americans. How could anyone have gotten that idea?

It strikes me that you're exactly the kind of Euro-person keeping revelette2 from taking her European tour.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:02 pm
@glitterbag,
Repeating your bullshit doesn't show anything but your bullshit, glitter, but you already know that; you're just being your typical dishonest glitterbag.

Now point out the anti-semitism that you thought you'd just throw in to make you seem cool and with it.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:04 pm
@Ticomaya,
Tico: It strikes me that you're exactly the kind of Euro-person keeping revelette2 from taking her European tour.
------

Another big stretch, Tico, sorta like glitter.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:07 pm
@Setanta,
Set BS: Is that the same as when you say you're done with the Foofie/Miller sock puppet?

Like a puppy with a rag. At least a puppy is cute.

Set: She plays you like a cheap fiddle. You 'll come roaring out of you cave the next time she jerks your chain.

You nailed izzy there!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:19 pm
@Ticomaya,
It's a fact, 3rd year American students were put in the same class as the Freshers, and they did have problems keeping up. They weren't used to so much reading.

That's what happened, and it was said in response to Foofie's claim about you being so much better educated than us.

I noticed you didn't say anything to him. You can believe it or not, but I was straight from school, put in with a class of 3rd yr students from an American University. You can choose not to believe it if you want, but it's the truth.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 03:30 pm
@izzythepush,
Setanta still nailed you, Iz. It's really interesting to see two such consummate hypocrites go at each other.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 05:28 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:
It's a fact, 3rd year American students were put in the same class as the Freshers, and they did have problems keeping up. They weren't used to so much reading.

That's what happened, and it was said in response to Foofie's claim about you being so much better educated than us.

I did not see Foofie's claim about us being so much better educated than you. You weren't directly responding to that claim. (I don't normally read Foofie's contributions to this forum, truthfully. I find myself glossing over them more often than not.)

The fact that you were responding to Foofie's earlier -- and equally silly -- remark, does change my view of your statement, a bit. But even so, I'm not sure what point you were trying to make, unless it was "Americans are stupid."

Quote:
I noticed you didn't say anything to him. You can believe it or not, but I was straight from school, put in with a class of 3rd yr students from an American University. You can choose not to believe it if you want, but it's the truth.

I have no idea why the "3rd yr students from an American University" were put in with you Freshers, but I have decided to not make the leap of faith that it was because they couldn't keep up with the reading. I rather suspect that was the scuttlebutt you Freshers came up with in order to make fun of the stupid 3rd yr students from America. Or maybe it wasn't the reading they couldn't keep up with, but all the beer drinking in the pubs and discos.

In any case, why are we arguing about this? You don't deny being biased against Americans, do you?
panzade

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 07:35 pm
Lordys initial post was a sly piece of humour but somehow it ticked people off and like GB complained, this thread became a free-for-all.

As an American who got his A-Levels at a sixth form school in Wales I have to agree with izzy. Yank students are one or two years behind UK students.

But it's not because they're dumber. It's because the two educational systems are so dissimilar.

In the US there's an hysterical pursuit of college entrance and programs like No Child Left Behind that tend to dumb down the learning experience.
In the UK homework consisted of reading and essays turned in every other day, not multiple choice tests.

Another important distinction is that the less gifted students tend to drift off to technical schools instead of being pushed to take the Oxbridge exams thus raising the level of incoming Freshmen.

It took me a difficult year to adjust but I was thrilled to come back to the US and go straight into my second year of college.
ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 07:44 pm
@panzade,
You're just the right person to weigh in on this, Panzade, glad you showed up.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:14 pm
@ossobuco,
panzade makes some good points, but we also need to understand the dynamics that are on-going in the US where we have a very large migration into the US from many countries. I believe the US has the largest ethnically diverse population in the world with our governments making every effort to provide voter information in many languages. The new migrants come from many countries with different languages that our schools must accommodate.

I believe our country of immigrants have been relatively successful in all aspects of life including inventions important to human society.

People who wish to migrate to the US is second to none. I believe that speaks volumes about what this country offers its citizens.

ossobuco

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 08:32 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Our education system has some pluses but most of what I follow about it is quite discouraging. Whether you are an immigrant family or are a family here many years, either group looking for an excellent education here in 2014 is facing increasing uphill battles.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 09:09 pm
@ossobuco,
Yes, they are! What's interesting is that Harvard had a 80.2% yield rate for those accepted, but most colleges are showing lower yield rates compared to 2005.

The cost is becoming a huge hardship for students to continue their education, and many opt out to find jobs - that are scarce.

When the income for the middle class families remain stagnant as they have for the past decade or more, and the increasing cost to attend college, it becomes almost impossible for enrollments to remain high.

That will eventually impact on our ability to compete in the world marketplace.

It's a sad indictment about our governments inability to keep higher education affordable. They prefer spending billions on our military while we self-destruct from within.

glitterbag

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:14 pm
@cicerone imposter,
If I remember the attitude of our parents and others. Unless we signed oaths to Nixon that we would annihilate ourselves for the everlasting pease that St. Nixon promised us. Those of us who survived, either Understood the joke or never got over the treason.
JTT

Reply Mon 31 Mar, 2014 10:47 pm
@glitterbag,
So you can't point out the anti-Semitism bullshit you dishonestly threw out there, gb. You're good at shooting your mouth off and not following up.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 09:38 am
@Foofie,
This is a reply for that stupido JTT, who is either lazy or stupid. I'm figuring stupid and lazy. Here you go you lazy turd. This was written by someone who is either Jewish with a very limited social circle, or a gentile inventing a complete bag of **** regarding how he regards religious diversity. He even takes a swipe at Catholic girls, now if you don't see the intolerance in those remarks, you are a turd. Let me be a little more direct, you are an idiot and a freaking lazy idiot at that. No wonder your world view is so incredibly warped, you are stupid with access to a computer.
[/quote]

I do not think Setanta needs to apologize. I think you are showing your limited knowledge of many people outside the British culture. For example, many people (aka, Gentiles) "lose face" if they are seen socializing with a Jew, even a secular one. So, being a little inebriated is the perfect excuse to one's Gentile
peers.

Sort of like the good Catholic girl that allows the boy to touch her below the waist, and then explains to others, or herself, that she had a few drinks, so she was not under her normal control. All's forgiven.

So, I do not trust a Gentile who wants to socialize with me, with the help of liquor. He may not feel comfortable, unless he has the excuse that he was a little inebriated.

Plus, I do think many Jews have a genetic distaste for liquor. Just what makes us different; not just the intelligence thing on IQ tests.

[/quote]

Now for Foofie, have you no shame, or are you under the impression you are the only person here of Jewish origin. You sir, are a disgusting rascist. Please don't attempt to tell me Jews can't be narrow minded, I have family members who are Jewish. You obviously know next to nothing about world religions. I live between Washington D.C., Baltimore, Maryland (blue collar version of New York's melting pot) and square in Annapolis (Capital of the State of Maryland) and my 32 years with DOD required me to work with all 5 eye countries, with people do all races and creed.. Your world view is equal to JTT's and everybody knows he is a 4 star moron. Shame on you and your pathetic stereotypes. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression you are European. Maybe I was mistaken thinking that Europeans had a more sophisticated view, I can only hope you are the exception to the norm.

Oh, and one more thing for JTT, I'm not going to do any more research for your lazy ass. Read the thread, you slacker.
JTT

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 10:27 am
@glitterbag,
Wow! Glitter the bag thinks that Foofie is anti-Semitic.

Gb: Oh, and one more thing for JTT, I'm not going to do any more research for your lazy ass.
---------------------

Well thank dog for that, gb.

That "research" was certainly as good as any I've seen from you. But it's awfully hilarious that you think repeating your delusionary maundering counts as research.

JTT

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 10:32 am
@glitterbag,
Your appalling ignorance stands as a shining example of the pitfalls of marrying some American women, glitter.

You still haven't addressed that language issue you raised some time ago. You must be doing some more glitter research.
glitterbag

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 10:34 am
@JTT,
Dear stupid, I printed the exact text, foofie isn't anti-Semitic, she/he thinks everyone else is. It's ironic you use the word delusional, project much.
Foofie

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 03:23 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

What bothers me is that you insist on engaging me in conversation. It's incredibly tedious, and I'm not going to waste any more time on you.
(Foofie wipes the drool from his chin and retreats back into the fantasy world where he hasn't got **** for brains.)

Brackets "[ ]" are used to denote another voice explaining something. Parenthesis "( )" are used when the same speaker is adding something.

P.S. "What bother me is that you insist on engaging" American posters as though you are a peer. You cannot be; not after almost losing two world wars in the 20th century, and having the audacity to not show adequate gratitude/humility for the role that the U.S. played in saving Britains arse, in my opinion.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 1 Apr, 2014 03:55 pm
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Now for Foofie, have you no shame, or are you under the impression you are the only person here of Jewish origin. You sir, are a disgusting rascist. Please don't attempt to tell me Jews can't be narrow minded, I have family members who are Jewish. You obviously know next to nothing about world religions. I live between Washington D.C., Baltimore, Maryland (blue collar version of New York's melting pot) and square in Annapolis (Capital of the State of Maryland) and my 32 years with DOD required me to work with all 5 eye countries, with people do all races and creed.. Your world view is equal to JTT's and everybody knows he is a 4 star moron. Shame on you and your pathetic stereotypes. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I was under the impression you are European. Maybe I was mistaken thinking that Europeans had a more sophisticated view, I can only hope you are the exception to the norm.

As a woman, you might have a different view of ethnicity; however, in NYC ethnic clannishness still is the S.O.P., in my opinion. Perhaps, the clannishness amongst the young is based also on social class? Plus, clannishness based on religious "background" (not practice).

But, "telling me off" was really not in your job description of an A2K poster, I would guess? And, you mentioned your 32 years working for the DOD more than once. Glad you're an American. However, in NYC most non-Jews interact with secular Jews very aware they are interacting with someone that is not quite like them; it is called Judeophobia. Yet, I am supposed to not be aware that "they" are Gentiles? That might be the essence of the Goyisha kup?

P.S.: Having relatives that are Jewish is not social deodorant for Jews like me. I still prefer to associate with highly educated people, Jew or not.

P.P.S.: Please don't mention again your 32 years with the DOD; it comes off like bragging to my sensitive nature.
0 Replies