It's a rule, Ma'am

McGentrix

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 02:16 pm
She could have tried to escape. Have you ever tried to run down an old woman and her walker?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:08 pm
yes, but only after she ran me down first - and it was a goddamned gofer.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:10 pm
Actually - that IS awful. Most 97 year olds have very delicate skin, and have enormous trouble if they suffer scrapes and such. I cannot imagine metal handcuffs being good for her skin.

And a PARKING TICKET?

Now there is an indication of a dangerous criminal.
0 Replies

colorbook

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:42 pm
This was a terrible thing to do to an elderly person for a very minor crime. What...they had to cuff her because they were afraid she might try to make a run for it?
0 Replies

kickycan

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 03:43 pm
Maybe they thought it was a 97 year old lady disguise!
0 Replies

Individual

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 06:36 pm
There have been a rash of those floating around kicky.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 07:06 pm
Last I heard, the cop who cuffed her said "That's a MAN baby!", and tried to tear off her hair. The other more calm cop just called into the station and said "That walker had retractable spikes on it, and we considered it a deadly weapon, plus she does have an outstanding warrant for a parking violation. You don't think this will make the press, do you? If it does, I have some head shots, and I want everyone to know I made the call."
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:35 pm
doglover wrote:
What IS going on with those crazy people down in Texas. Confused

I don't know but would you come to my room and tuck in the sheets?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Thu 29 Apr, 2004 08:54 pm
The interesting part of this whole story,aside from the humor,is that while people are complaining that the cops followed the law and cuffed her,the senior citizen lobby and the feminists would be screaming bloody murder if she had been trreated any different.
You want equality,you got it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 04:54 am
Harper wrote:
doglover wrote:

I don't think Doglover is into the woman-on-woman thing--unless you're a man using a woman's avatar . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:06 am
Quote:

mysteryman- This has nothing whatever to do with feminism. It would be just as ludicrous of the "perp" were a 97 year old man. Would you want YOUR grandpa to be taken away to jail, in cuffs, for a minor traffic offense?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:12 am
I agree with Phoenix!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:15 am
Grandpa: "Whaddya mean I was driving? I coulda sworn I was at the race track....riding 'Texas Fortune', who was a real winner in her day. Did I tell you about when I was a jockey? Those were good ole days....never got a traffic ticket riding that horse."

<psst, I also agree with Phoenix>
0 Replies

Harper

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:37 am
Setanta wrote:
Harper wrote:
doglover wrote:

I don't think Doglover is into the woman-on-woman thing--unless you're a man using a woman's avatar . . .

I only asked her to come tuck in the sheets. What were you thinking?
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:39 am
Methinks the lady doth protest too much . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:40 am
Emclean, i was entirely wrong--this apparently has upset some of those posting here, and the use of cuffs appears to be a major consideration . . .
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:47 am
Setanta- In the abstract, the entire concept is a hoot. You have these Keystone Kops. cuffing a 97 year old, throwing her in the back of the cop car, and taking her to jail. The whole thing is ridiculous.................the time spent could certainly have been spent more profitably chasing REAL criminals.

In the concrete, it is very sad. I am very glad that the lady in question had a sense of humor. I could see where something like this could adversely impact on the health and well being of the person. Being hauled off to jail would be traumatic to anyone, but to a 97 year old, IMO, it could be devastating!

I think that there needs to be some changes in the law that mandated such idiotic behavior.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 05:49 am
mysteryman wrote:
The interesting part of this whole story,aside from the humor,is that while people are complaining that the cops followed the law and cuffed her,the senior citizen lobby and the feminists would be screaming bloody murder if she had been trreated any different.

Rolling Eyes

Like the gender makes a smegging difference.
0 Replies

doglover

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:15 am
Harper wrote:
Setanta wrote:
Harper wrote:
doglover wrote:

I only asked her to come tuck in the sheets. What were you thinking?

LOL Harper! Welcome to A2K!

Harper, you are a knockout. I'll tuck your sheets in anytime...even give ya hospital corners. :wink:

You're right Setanta, I'm not into the woman on woman thing, but if Harper is willing to give this maid a good tip, I'll tuck her sheets in for her!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 30 Apr, 2004 06:18 am
Aaahhh! Hospital corners!!! Arrgh!!! <The demons return> No! Too tight! Please, not the straightjacket and EST again!!! <folds into fetal position>
0 Replies