Kicked out of McDonalds

chai2

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:14 am
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/couple-kicked-out-of-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-for-sitting-%E2%80%98too-long%E2%80%99-offered-free-meals-for-life-190814025.html?vp=1

Read/watch the video in the link above.

Barbara, you are SASSY! I'm Lovin'It (pun intended)

Props to Shawn Moss, owner of Shawn's Smokehouse BBQ. You sir, are a true gentleman.

JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:33 am
@chai2,
A quick glance at the title and the poster and my first thought was it coulda been you, Chai.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:35 am
@JTT,
Well, if it had been, I would done exactly as Barbara did.
JTT

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 08:41 am
@chai2,
Fer sure, Chai. And I'da given ya a free scrunch for life.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 09:45 am
Perhaps some of the present employees of this store failed to understand that the corporation they work for wants the public to like them.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:34 am
I'd say it's because the franchisee is a dick. There was a McDonald's that i used to go into all the time (this was more than 30 years ago) because it was near the bus stop where i got off to go to work, and where i picked up the bus to go home. There would be seniors in there all the time. They'd get a small coffee and sit there and gab for hours. Not only did no one ever try to run them off, the manager would often come over with a fresh pot of coffee to see if anyone wanted a refill, free of charge of course. I'm not a big patron of McDonald's, but there was another one not far from where i lived that i used to go into in the early morning. (I've been getting up at 4:00 a.m. since i was a child.) They served the standard menu, but for breakfast in the early morning, they served the meals on plates, honest to Dog crockery plates and bowls, with stainless steel flatwear. At 5:00 a.m., you had to wait in line, and then search for a table to sit at because it was always full. Same prices as always, and you'd see seniors there often--the McD's breakfast meals are a deal for anyone on a limited budget, and a McD's breakfast might be their biggest meal of the day. Yeah, i'm thinkin' the franchisee who owns the Culpeper store is a gold-plated dick.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:52 am
@Setanta,
Yeah, seniors and McD's in the mid afternoon go hand in hand. The place isn't busy, there's seats galore. It's a meetup place for friends, a community feeling. They get a senior priced coffee and can spend an hour or 2 chatting with friends. You know they get friendly with the regular staff there, and I believe both sides are enriched by it.

I don't know however, if this is a direct reflection on the actual franchise owner.

Of course this is conjecture on my part but it sounds to me like it could have been some stuck up missy who was annoyed by these "old people". She goes to the pimple faced manager who's 2 years older than her, and bitched.

Of course there's no half hour rule. Rolling Eyes The manager was just flexing his tiny dick. Getting off on telling old farts to leave.

I'll bet if it had been a couple of hotties nursing a milkshake forever he wouldn't have told them to leave.

Besides it being the right thing to do to respect and cater to the people who worked hard all their lives, it sure doesn't hurt when senior decide to bring their grandkids there for lunch.

I was just thinking how I never really liked the term "senior citizen". Even though it sounds important to say "senior vice-president", "senior management" and the like, senior citizens falls short. I think many people just read that as old and useless.

I just googled "better word for senior citizen" and here's a suggestion I liked....

There are "baby Boomers" "Gen X", "20-somethings", so how about "60-somethings", "70-somethings", etc...

Yeah, we got 30 somethings, 40 somethings....I like 70 something, 80 something.

Sounds cool.
chai2

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2014 10:54 am
@chai2,
Actually, I prefer "wise elder"
contrex

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 06:44 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Actually, I prefer "wise elder"

What's wrong with "person"?
chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 07:35 am
@contrex,
Nothing's wrong with it.

I prefer wise elder.
contrex

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 09:32 am
@chai2,
chai2 wrote:

Nothing's wrong with it.

I prefer wise elder.

The older I get the more I hate being patronised by younger people. Youngsters assume you don't understand computers and smart phones - It's like assuming that all black people can run fast and love fried chicken and watermelon. I don't wish to be labelled because of my age, or when I retire, my working status.
chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 12:41 pm
@contrex,
Actually, I've called myself that to younger people.

Usually they say "yeah, you are" or something to that effect.

Sometimes they will start to laugh, not really a laugh, but just the beginning....then they suddenly realize I'm looking at them and am totally serious, and they stop.

I think it gives them something to think about.

It's like I'm not getting ornery with them and validating any thoughts they may have that I'm an obsolete old fart, and I'm letting them know I've got experience they don't, that I still have both oars in the water and am not going to tolerate any foolishness from them.

Wise elders don't have to know every new technological gizmo. We are successful and complete with or without them.

You asked what's wrong with person.
Nothing.

I am a person that has more experience in living, which has given me some wisdom, and is continuing to bestow me more wisdom all the time.

0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:24 pm
I see nothing wrong with senior--it's commonly used and understood by everyone. I do have a problem with "wise elder." The number of fools and of genuine idiots who are past the age of 60 is appalling. Being old doesn't make you wise, any more than it makes you ignorant of contemporary technology.
neologist

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 05:39 pm
@chai2,
I'm comfortable with geezer. I have a geezer sticker that gets me prime parking for my car. And I flaunt my geezerhood whenever necessary, like when I forget what I was , er . . . .
0 Replies

chai2

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 06:00 pm
@Setanta,
Setanta wrote:

The number of fools and of genuine idiots who are past the age of 60 is appalling. Being old doesn't make you wise, any more than it makes you ignorant of contemporary technology.

Point taken.

I however, haz wisdom. Cool
PUNKEY

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 06:47 pm
Anyone know exactly how long they were there?

It says this is their regular "scrunch" time.

3 p.m. to what?
JTT

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2014 07:14 pm
@PUNKEY,
McDonald's wants them to scrunch their scrunch.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 08:34 am
@chai2,
ah what a sweet story. I do love this couple. And the smokehouse owner.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 08:38 am
@chai2,
Quote:
"better word for senior citizen"

How about octogenarian- that is how they referred to them in the article you attached.
chai2

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2014 08:39 am
@Linkat,
That's because they were in their 80's.

They're 80 somethings. Very Happy