LBJ and Negroes...

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 02:14 pm
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r53/icebear46/lbj_racist_zpsf19cff87.jpg

gungasnake

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 02:20 pm
@gungasnake,
http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Money-Power-How-Killed/dp/161608197X

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5104ZkFKXAL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 06:49 am
@gungasnake,
Pretty sure that most of this is bullshit but LBJ DID say that
"Im gonna fight the Civil Rights ACt all the way till the day I sign it"

and
"With the Civil Rights Act in effect, the Democrats have lost the south for at least 2 generations"
(were going on 4 and the South is even more anti civil rights)
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 07:00 am
@gungasnake,
What Farmerman said!
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 07:01 am
@farmerman,
I se that the thread has gotten the ole NSFW moniker. I think anyone can rad the bullshit v reality that this thread implies.
LBJ had to separate his own past in order to place all his support and influence to get the Civil Rights ACt passed and put in effect.
parados

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 07:11 am
@farmerman,
One of the things I heard mentioned when the LBJ tapes were recently released was how LBJ would change his stance on issues depending on who he was talking to in order to move them in the direction he wanted them to go.

Politics isn't always about what you want but more often about what the other guy wants to hear.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 07:25 am
@parados,
Exactly. LBJ was not unaware of the entire political boat and how to steer it.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 08:13 am
Prior to reading McClellan's book, I'd have told anybody who asked that there were 50 different conspiracy theories wrt the JFK assasination, each as plausible as the other 49.

I'd not tell anybody that now, McClellan's version of the thing is vastly more believable than anything else out there.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 10:30 am
@gungasnake,
Attribute your slander, asshole. There is NO record of this being said anywhere except Teabilly Blogs. When did this happen? Who were the two governors he said the **** to? Cite someone other than a hick blogger quoting another hick blogger. Bull **** on you. Prove your ******* lie!!
parados

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:06 am
@bobsal u1553115,
It looks like the 2 quotes originated in a book written by someone currently employed by NewsMax, "Ronald Kessler, and it's in a book called Inside the White House."
bobsal u1553115

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:12 am
@parados,
NewsMax. Puhleze.
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:25 am
@bobsal u1553115,
For the second quote, here is what I found from a quick Google search.

Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One according Ronald Kessler's Book, "Inside The White House." So I guess you should do a bit more checking before going off half cocked about slander and assholes and lies.

Of course, simply because it is in a book and all parties are deceased means it cannot be proven. Nor can it be disproved.

The problem with quotes from the past is that they are so often taken out of context, both from a conversational point of context and a societal point of context. Any individual is a product of the times in which they are raised. In other words, these LBJ quotes may not have raised any eyebrows in the context of people's attitudes during the 60's. Today, the quotes are seen as damning, but back then a large percentage of the population would have been unfazed by them.

My point is this. Even if these quotes are accurate, who cares. I'm a republican and I couldn't care less what he said 50 years ago in a society whose racial attitudes were vastly different than todays. Now, if he were alive today and said something similar, that would be a different story.

Hope my above ramblings made sense.
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:28 am
@bobsal u1553115,
http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2013/08/what-my-father-told-me-about-lbj-and.html

Quote:
......Unknown to the public, Southern politicians privately shared Lyndon's hatred of what he called in private, "niggers". Lyndon hated "niggers'! He called them "niggers" in private. He cussed "niggers" every day, my father said, and called them all kinds of vile names! He had his hands full with the Viet Nam war and hated being "bothered by those G--damned niggers" my father said Lyndon said.

To rid his hands of those "G-damned niggers" he called my father and Governor Wallace to his Oval Office officially to have a "friendly informative talk" about the disturbing violence in the South. George and Seymore were very excited! They just knew their buddy Lyndon was going to give the massive help in "managing those niggers" Lyndon said.

However, in typical trickster style, when George and Seymore got into Lyndon's Oval Office, they were shocked! Lyndon began to cuss like a sailor and ask them, "What in the hell are you boys (Lyndon called them boys) doing with those G--damned niggers down there?" Shocked and taken back, the "Guvna" said "Well Mr. President, we're doing the best we can! What do ya want us to do?"......
0 Replies

gungasnake

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 11:35 am
The de-moKKKer-RAT party clearly believes that there is no future in simply ending racism and that they're better off re-inventing it every ten years or thereabouts.
farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:16 pm
@gungasnake,
seems thaT YOU re the one most investd in keeping it alive
0 Replies

coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:29 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
What Farmerman said!

A flawless example of suck puppery.
http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/ic004.gif
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 01:45 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
What Farmerman said!

A flawless example of suck puppery.
http://www.alien-earth.org/images/smileys/ic004.gif

What you are doing for the Glen Beck's and Rush Limbaugh's of the world...that is suck puppery, CJ.

You really are in a bad place...but no one deserves it more! Wink
coldjoint

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 02:07 pm
@Frank Apisa,
Quote:
You really are in a bad place...but no one deserves it more

I'm just fine Frank, but you keep telling me what I am or where I am. Why is that Frank? A man your age should not be so insecure.
Frank Apisa

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 02:22 pm
@coldjoint,
coldjoint wrote:

Quote:
You really are in a bad place...but no one deserves it more

I'm just fine Frank, but you keep telling me what I am or where I am. Why is that Frank? A man your age should not be so insecure.

The last thing in the world I am, CJ...is insecure.

I am telling you that you are in a bad place...

...because...

...wait for it...

...YOU ARE IN A BAD PLACE.

A man of my age can recognize that, but a boy of yours may have trouble.

You are a "stick to it" kind of young fellow, though...so stick to it, and maybe it will finally dawn on you. Wink
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2014 03:53 pm
@coldjoint,
Quote:
I'm just fine Frank,

Jeffrey Daumer also liked to write in shades of pastels