How would you respond to basically being friend zoned?

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 07:43 am
Went on two dates that I thought went pretty good and then received the message below about her basically friend zoning me. Curious how you would respond, as I've yet to send her a reply.
Thanks.

As far as going out again, I'm not sure about it at this point and I don't think it would be fair to you to keep going out while I figure out what I want. I know I definitely had a good time with you and like you a lot. I'm just not sure if I see more than friendship and I would feel like I was leading you on if we continued to go out on dates. If you would like to keep talking I'm open to it but I definitely understand if you would rather not.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 921 • Replies: 3
No top replies

contrex

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 08:26 am
I would respond thus:

Thank you for taking the time to send me your very kind and thoughtful message. I appreciate your honesty and openness. (If you wish to remain friends with her then you could continue like this...) I hope we can remain friends and continue seeing each other.

If you are asking for some magic words that will make her reconsider "friend zoning" you, then I am afraid there are none, and I must say that many women see the idea of a "friend zone" as a misogynistic concept, and would say that the friend zone is typically discussed in terms of a woman having an obligation to enter into a romantic relationship with any "nice guy" friend who is attracted to her. If the woman is not interested in a romantic relationship, she is painted as a bad person. if you feel like this, I would urge you to do your best to conceal it! If you feel it very strongly, and you absolutely cannot conceal it, I would suggest that you give up dating girls or women until you are a bit older.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/ff/Stone_Marcus_Two_Lovers.jpg/220px-Stone_Marcus_Two_Lovers.jpg
0 Replies

Romeo Fabulini

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:04 am
She said- "I don't think it would be fair to you to keep going out"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's clear enough, she's dumping you in the nicest way possible!
0 Replies

BillRM

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2014 09:31 am
@Marko247,
I think that the best reply would be a short thanks you note for informing you of her thinking on the future or lack of same of a relationship and that unfortunately your feelings are such that it would not be possible or wise to try to maintain a close friendship only relationship with her.

You wish her the best and then go on looking for someone else.

What you do not do is hang in there hoping you might be able to change her mind and getting more and more annoy as she enter into other relationships with guys who are not doing half of what you are doing for her as a "friend".
0 Replies