I don't get women logic

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 05:54 pm
so there's this girl whom i haven't ever talked to since gr 9 and I've only recently started talking to her. She has the same spare with me and I know I plan to overthink these things, so i went with the nike motto.

i asked her to prom after getting her in a really good mood, she said yes immediately and was really happy about it! Gave her a stuffed animal, she was really really happy, hugged me and stuff.

then she sends me this after school on facebook:

Hey, so here's the thing. Your promposal kinda came out of the blue, and we were just starting to be friends. I didn't want to mess up our friendship so i said yes. I don't want things to be awkward, but I just need a bit of time to think about going as your date, because it's still really early before prom. Is that okay with you?

WTF WHERE IS THIE LOGIC HERE!

Completely lost right now...I don't get how girls think...
This is getting ridiculous.

What the hell would I do here? Would I even message her back?

Ragman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 05:55 pm
@mandophon,
http://able2know.org/topic/235545-4#post-5597513
mandophon

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 06:06 pm
@Ragman,
jezz...this is a different topic. I don't see why this is bothering you...
bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 07:30 pm
She's really not into you, dude. Invite option B.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 08:56 pm
@bobsal u1553115,
this is either B or C

hard to keep track

he keeps starting new threads
farmerman

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:11 pm
@ehBeth,
Nobody get women logic. I usually forget it about and have biiiig Western breakfast for eat.
ossobuco

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2014 10:27 pm
@farmerman,
I've lost track of how many girls he asked to the prom. My files on this keep getting misplaced.

Well, naturally they would, since I'm a woman.
glitterbag

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:24 am
@ossobuco,
I hope she had the grace to send this as a PM, if it was placed out where everyone can see it, find another date and relieve her of the obligation to be courteous.

glitterbag

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:49 am
@glitterbag,
Also, proms involve very young people, let me tell you what I told my sons and nephews, if these girls accept, then hedge their bets, chances are they think an upgrade is out there some where. Don't ever let people (dates) make you feel like the loser. This advise might come too late but if there is still time, tell her you want her to have a great time with someone else. Young men can go stag, girls seldom do. Look around, sometimes shy girls really bloom when invited to the prom.
Take a chance, the worst thing that can happen is you decide not to go. I skipped my junior prom, but I did have a boyfriend who asked me to our senior prom. He dumped me, but said he would ask one of his friends to take me. At the age of 18 I told him that my mother had spent a ton of money on all the accoutrements necessary to look ready for a prom, and I refused to let him off the hook. He agreed to take me. We went, we didn't have a great time
together, but at least I didn't go with a stranger. And I didn't have to sit next to the youngster who was supposed to replace me

We never dated again, and that was acceptable, but dumping me 4 days before the prom was not. This happened during the Bronze Age, when seniors didn't rent limos, take a cruise, whatever. If you have time to nip this in the bud, nip it. Don't let anybody make you feel less than you are.
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:16 am
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:

I don't get how girls think...

If you believe that all girls think the same way, you're in for more trouble than you've got now.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:05 am
Wimmins is evil . . . logic ain't got nothin' to do with it . . .
Lordyaswas

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:29 am
@Setanta,
I avoid women's logic by sitting on the naughty step until she's stopped throwing things.
PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:33 am
When is this prom? Maybe you are jumping the gun by asking anyone so far in advance. Three months can be a lifetime in high school.

Perhaps this girl is putting you on "hold" until someone better comes along.
She owes you a YES or NO. But if you asked BEFORE before 2 weeks, then you did ask too early.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 12:35 pm
@mandophon,
Mandophon, I get that you like girls and I'm sure that girls like you. However, after looking at your posts, you seem to be totally frustrated and possibly quick to anger or maybe just easily rattled. These are not unusual feelings at your age, but please take a step back and reflect a little. As you gain in years and experience, you should become more comfortable around girls your age. It just doesn't happen overnight. Most girls suffer the same anxieties, they like someone, hope they ask them out, and feel hurt and embarrassed if they get rejected.
I understand some boys and girls seem to do this seamlessly, some girls are more aggressive than others (when my sone turned 14, he got calls from girls sometimes 2 AM, the phone is next to my bed so I would answer, some kid would ask for him and I'd remind her that she woke me up and no, she can't take to Eric, some of the girls got really pissy with me. Never a good idea to get pissy with someone's mom or dad)

It's also a good idea to remain calm, if you project anger, unless the girl is stupid, she won't be attracted. Try to stop agonizing, by the way, is this a junior or senior prom?
mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:24 pm
@glitterbag,
This is senior prom, I'm in grade 12 and I'm going to graduate in June to go university. It's not that I'm frustrated at the situation, it more that, I've asked three different girls and got turned down which isn't a good feeling at all. And this time, she had said yes and hugged me IMMEDIATELY on the spot and was really enthusiastic about it. My hopes were bulit up and I was really happy that I got a date! I had given her a teddy bear and all and I thought I was set until she messages me on facebook with a completely different tone.

I tend to overthink many things, which is evident if you've seen my other threads so I decided to go with my gut this time, don't overthink and just ask her.

The most ironic part of this is that the first girl I asked, she's in grade 11 so if no one had asked her, she wouldn't be able to go to prom. I asked her over valentines day and she said someone else had already asked her. Then I find out that she's upset because she likes me and wanted to go with me but can't back down on an offer. So this time, I end up with the short end of the stick. With this girl, I overthink alot of stuff so I decided to just go with my gut, think THOROUGHLY but not excessively.

In this situation now, I ask the girl first but then SHE backs out because she's WAITING on someone else to ask her. So even when I do ask someone first now, I too end up with the short end of the stick, whether I ask first or not.

Life's not fair I know that, but the odds haven't been in my favour as of late.
mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:25 pm
@mandophon,
I'm frustrated, but I pout at home, outside, it's all poker face Razz
0 Replies

CoastalRat

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 01:50 pm
@mandophon,
Man, I could tell you some stories to make you think you have it good. When I was young, I was turned down for a date with the excuse (and I'm not joking here, this was really her excuse) that she was washing her hair that night. (I was smart enough not to bother asking her again.) I took a girl to a football game (she liked football) and before the game began she and a friend we were sitting with got up and left walked away for a few minutes. My date returned with a guy on her arm. And had the nerve to ask if I could give him a ride home. Should I go on?

The point is that in high school, girls (and I guess guys) can be a bit fickle. And yes, as a guy putting himself out there by normally being the one to ask, it can be discouraging. But I believe in the old adage that one must keep trying. I did. And I won't complain about how it all turned out at all. Wouldn't trade my wife in for any of the young ladies who turned me down. (Nor for more than one or two of the ones who didn't turn me down, but don't tell my wife that. lol)
mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 02:10 pm
@CoastalRat,
Ya lol, I've sort have gotten over this girl. I mean, it was just a promposal, the more important thing is there's a girl out there who likes me!

Just a question for everyone, I'm not a great flirt over text...but I've done much better over snapchat...would it be a bad idea to do it over that app rather than texting?

I was thinking that because for one, by using it, it prevents me from overthinking cause it shows whether or not they have opened it or not so I won'y be wondering why she hasn't responded yet and it's designed to keep texts short, something I have a problem with over text and we get to see images of each other...

sounds weird I know but would that be an option? Or would that be a bad idea? I don't see after today for a week (march break)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 03:47 pm
Personally, i think the best way to flirt is in person--you know, make eye contact, talk without mumbling. Studies show that a person's pupils dilate when they see someone they find attractive (this is a link--clickity-click), and those dilated pupils make that person more attractive to the person they are looking at.

GET YOUR FACE OUT OF THE STUPID SMART PHONE AND LOOK AT HER!

Sheesh . . .
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:18 pm
@Setanta,
Halleluuuuuujah!
Seems there is an increase of fear of real people going on in phone land.