I don't get women logic

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 04:32 pm
@ossobuco,
When I was going toward the Student Union for some reason, after chemistry lab, the guy across the lab table caught up to me and said hi and we kept talking. Within x number of feet, several hundred as the crow flies, he asked me out, I forget for what event. Maybe it was the Coltrane appearance at Royce Hall that we heard/saw. My left eye contact lens catapulted towards my nose and I had to stop and urgle it out of there, replace it on top of my iris, and then say, what?

He's one of the most thoughtful people I've known, though our own romance didn't last long (religion, his family fear of my old one). He opened up my world to a lot of art and politics and poetry and nature. So glad he talked with me that first time.
0 Replies

Jenaia

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 05:46 pm
@Lordyaswas,
We aren't all throwers you know, some of us know how to calculate Smile
0 Replies

mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:28 pm
@Setanta,
oh god I love it to be in person. Honestly, when I talk to girls, I'm nervous but I can easily make eye contact with them. No problem, it's just that I have no idea WHAT TO TALK TO THEM ABOUT!

UPDATE
Today after work, I left with the girl and literally things were very awkward between the two of us. I asked what she was going to do over March break and she said she was going up to her cottage. The only real thing we can talk about is school work and that's literally boring as hell!

I've been told she likes me by a girl friend of mine. And after today, two people (one is the girl friend, another is a co worker) have told me that she doesn't want to go to prom anymore cause she only likes the guy she's going with as a friend...

It's march break now so I don't see her until at least next next Monday...Would it be suitable to ask her to prom then...or not? My gut feeling says give her time and space, then casually bring up prom and go from there. She's a co worker as well.

THe other option is to start talking to another 11th grader. She and I used to do volunteer work together. To avoid the same problem with my third promposal where the girl didn't know me well enough. I could text her over the break, before asking her...but I'd prefer to go with the co-worker.

Suggestions?

ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:48 pm
@mandophon,
You poor thing. Can you make no observations about the space you are walking through? What is going on in your town? the world? how the weeds are out of hand? the apricot trees smell good?
vivianzhou

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:48 pm
@mandophon,
hi,guy
i think you should messages,you can say ,i'm ok with this ,thanks for you honesty.After all you are boy.
0 Replies

vivianzhou

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 06:52 pm
@mandophon,
hi,guy
i think you should message back ,you can tell her you are ok with this,thank for her honesty.
like her side,she don't wanna embarraseed whey you two face to face
mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:00 pm
@ossobuco,
lol umm, I know you're trying to tell me it's a no brainer...wanna enlighten this dim witted fellow as to what he should do.

I'm not particaurly dumb as a person but when it comes to these things...I have an IQ of -10
mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:01 pm
@vivianzhou,
umm message back the co worker? lol she never told me any of this. I jsut heard it from back channels... Can you elaborate as to what you mean??
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:11 pm
@mandophon,
Me too, minus ten at least sometimes.

I'll be mean first - you seem to be trying to achieve winning a girl, or another girl, or another again.

My observations - you are wanting to get to know how to snag girls.

What ever mattered for me was that the person was interested in stuff (long list).
Maybe not my interests, but awake.

Oh, and was interesting looking.

mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:25 pm
@ossobuco,
tbh, my intentions were never to "pick up" a girl. I'm only a senior, sex is off the table. What started out to be a crush turned into a swirling storm of drama.

I asked the girl I liked to prom first, she said no because someone asked her first. At that point, I just want to go to prom with a girl. So I began to as girls that I've had some attraction too. Then it turns out that orginal girl I asked DOES like me back and that enters a whole new stage now. It's not just a prom date...it could very well be...a date.

So now I'm confused...I want to take this co worker to prom...but she's confused if she wants to go with him now because of me... so bottom line, would it be inappropriate to ask her to prom, (I would causally raise it up after talking to her for a bit) or should I just ask someone else?

You all just had a little look inside my mind.
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:39 pm
@mandophon,
This is all ridiculous. Proms can or not be important, not only for who is queen but for how people in the whole class feel and feel for how long.

More important is learning how to talk with people.

I didn't begin to get it myself until I went to work after school at a hospital and met all sorts of people very different from me (one now a life long friend). That happened the day I turned sixteen. So, lots of bus rides after school. And years of talking with work friends/associates.
0 Replies

PUNKEY

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 07:59 pm
Important thing: do NOT ask another girl to the prom before you have a definate NO from the previous one.

0 Replies

vivianzhou

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:13 pm
@mandophon,
i think maybe you should talk to her fabout this thing,tell her you are fine even she reject you propose.you are still friends.But next time let you know immediate,rather than from the Facebook
ossobuco

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:15 pm
@vivianzhou,
Oh, and plus raisins, they are fab, friend raisins, and facefolk.
0 Replies

mandophon

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 08:45 pm
@vivianzhou,
uhh it's my fault for not being clear! The girl at the beginning of this thread said no to prom. This has already been resolved.

OK so basically what happened was that the first girl I asked to prom was my co worker. I asked on valentines day with half a dozen roses and a rice krispie that had "prom?" written on it. Lets call this girl kate. Now Kate was in near tears when I promposed but she said she had to say no because someone else had asked her hours ago in school! She said my promposal was much better than his. Later that shift, she asked me out but I said no because I felt that she was saying that to make me feel better.

Days later I asked her out and she said yes but her tone and the way the conversation went led me to think that she was only saying yes to protect the friendship as well as the fact that we still have to see each other at work.

At this point, I began to force myself to get over her. I began to focus on the very little negative things about her and just as I began to do so, my girl friend tells me that she had bumped into Kate the other day and got into a conversation with her. Kate said she was stressed with school work as well as with the fact that two guys asked her to prom. Kate adds that she likes the second guy who asked (me?) but now she's confused given her current position.

NOW at first, I was skeptical as to how legitimate that statement was, coming from my girl friend. I thought that she was trying to make me feel better.
I didn't really believe it at first because the way Kate acts around me now is quite different from before. She no longer teases about and everything is sort of serious now. (not sure if that's a good or bad thing)

Now today at work, one of my male co workers asked if I had a date to prom yet (you could imagine I did not know where this was going Razz) he then tells me that Kate told him that she would probably not go to prom because she only likes the guy she is going with as a friend.

Now, I really like Kate, and now, I believe she does like me but I don't get why the sudden attitude change now. Today, her sunglasses got stuck in her hair and she asked some other co worker to get it out rather than me. (that statement sounded really weird) and the conversations we have now are mainly forced.

Given this, I'm not sure if it would be approaite to ask her to prom AGAIN or if I should just move on to ask another girl to prom. Asking her out would not be a problem. My mother has made it clear that until my senior year is over, no going out. PERIOD.

Apologies for the confusion all you readers. If you see this, I greatly appreciate your time in reading it
vivianzhou

Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2014 11:32 pm
@mandophon,
if you believer she does like you ,i think you should ask her to prom again.good luck with you
mandophon

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 03:17 pm
@vivianzhou,
would it be inappropriate though is what I'm asking. I think she does like me...her attitude change to me seems that it's because she's confused and doesn't want to ruin our relationship since we still work together.
mandophon

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 09:14 pm
@mandophon,
last time I asked with six roses... I just came up with the idea to buy the number of roses the correlate to the numerical value of her name

like A = 1
b =2
ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:20 pm
@mandophon,
stop

you are way way too invested in this very minor thing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 8 Mar, 2014 10:21 pm
@mandophon,
mandophon wrote:
Today, her sunglasses got stuck in her hair and she asked some other co worker to get it out rather than me.

didn't you say on the other thread (keep this all to one thread please) that she's out of the country? did she leave in the last 24 hours?
0 Replies